"No Good I can't do it"

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Un_Colombiano

"No Good I can't do it"

Post by Un_Colombiano »

Sometimes when in a battle, and Kyril CAN kill an enemy, he will only reduce the enemies HP to 1 and say "no good, I cant do it". What is this supposto mean?
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

You can't kill fishmen. Remember what happened to Walter (Kyril's father) in the beginning of the game? Well, that's the reason why he "can't do it".

Kyril still sees his father in the fishmen. However, he'll get over it soon.
[evil laugh here]
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

By soon you mean never, right? By the time Kyril stops wetting his pants about Fishmen the game is practically over.
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Cut the guy some slack, he had to watch his father turn into a fishman and then pwn him.... that's some child trauma if I ever heard of it.
- Kirkis
Un_Colombiano

Post by Un_Colombiano »

yea i thought of that little bit afterwards. it was annoying though since i was fighting in the Caledra (sp?) place and Kyril refused to kill these things. coulda won alot sonner if it wasnt for that
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Think of the positive, Kyril can knock them down to 1 HP regardless of how powerful he is, so you can easily set it up for your weaker team mates to get easy kills and EXP.
- Kirkis
tera_majin

Post by tera_majin »

but it's kinda annoying if almost all enemies are in fishman forms.. you have to waste 2 turns to kill them instead of 1.. btw, kyril will get recovered from it at ALMOST END of the game, before the battle with eyefish (sp?)
Jalk

Post by Jalk »

Well, I didn't find it very annoying. In a T-RPG, you use to think for some time before acting, leaving you the time to remember this fact... In a fight with a lot of fishmen, I mainly used Kyril for changing the field (well, I must admit I didn't use it a lot, I just can't stand the guy).
And, as Kirkis say, it is one of the most practical way to gain experience...
akuma x

Post by akuma x »

Kirkis wrote:Cut the guy some slack, he had to watch his father turn into a fishman and then pwn him.... that's some child trauma if I ever heard of it.

true, but it kinda got irritating after a while...
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Yeah, it sucked.

Since this is going nowhere, I'll lock it. Question answered.
Purr.