How many characters to use

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
MrTomJoad

How many characters to use

Post by MrTomJoad »

I was just wondering how many of the characters people use in tactics. I am fairly close to the beginning of the game, I have around 20-30 characters at the moment. So far I have just been using about 10 of them. I started reading some guides about which characters where considered good and it seems like about half the characters come highly recommended, so my question is how many of the characters do most people actually use and level up? Should I just pick the ones I like the most and focus on them, or should I keep a larger variety of characters leveled and ready to fight?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Maintaining a decently trained amount between 8 to 10 seems ideal to me. If Going for more tends may be detrimental if you are not into extra levelling trips outside the main story battles. Try to balance out the unit types though, have some swordsmen and mages, not forgetting one or two ranged units as supports.

Also, keeping essential supports like Rene and Noah at par with the rest of your main fighting team really helps if you are into treasure hunting and/or stealing items.

It works for me, at least.
Windspun_Monkey

Post by Windspun_Monkey »

Make sure you keep a good variety trained up too. In addition to Noah and Rene, I like to keep Yu powered up too. Give him a Gale rune so he'll act a little quicker and is great to use.

Make sure you have a couple of Magic users powered up as well as some archers in addition to good attack characters. Keep a good balance of different elemental affinities too.
Iku

Post by Iku »

i haven't completed it yet so please don't spoil anything if you don't have to but............do you have to use kyril in the final battle as although his stats ad everything is great i don't really like him! also how many characters can you use in the final battle! thanks :o
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
tactless

Post by tactless »

yes,you have to use kyril in ALL story battles. and I think the charcters for the last battle are 10
"Whoa! I can´t wait to learn the art of dozzing off at my feet!" - Nalleo