The fight with "Steele"

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Templeton
Banned User

The fight with "Steele"

Post by Templeton »

I just got into the game and already I must face this battle...

I have a problem taking out the pirates which protect Steele let alone Steele himself who can do alot of damage.

The following things make this a problem.

Walter is dead (as far as I know)
Kyril just sits there and goes "father" during the battle
Peck just sits there and does nothing, and just like Kyril, will cost you the battle if he dies.
There's also that "Fishman" thing which appears behind you on the 7th turn or so.

Please help and tell me how the rest of you completed this battle
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Edgar and Brandeau should be more than enough to handle those enemies near Steele. If you are not confident, I recommend staying out of Steele's range, as his Rune of Punishment can be a bit of pain if you are not careful.

Andarc, on the other hand, should be ready to move back towards Kyril around Turn 5 or so, in order to kill off that lone fishling.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Have some Earth beads to place on Peck. The key to using Edgar and Brandeau is to keep them TOGETHER cause it will activate Assists in attacking and defending. The battle is suppose to teach you how to do Assists!.

The pirates do NOT protect Steele IF you do NOT go after Steele. Sure they might put a water bead on him but they are programmed to come after YOU. If you're new to tactics games, I suggest that you just STAY FAR AWAY from Steele and kill off everything else. And yes, Be Prepared to save Kyril from the lone fishling that spawns during the battle.
Strategy is the key to victory!
i-patch

Post by i-patch »

you should also throw element beads around to protect yourself and your nameless pirate flunkies. they nearly always get in range of steele before you do, so they can take eternal ordeal before you do.
leave the fish thing to attack kyril since the kid can stay alive long enough for you to kill steele. doing so will net you rank S
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

not always true. If you spent too many turns trying to kill Steele, you won't get S rank. If Steele's on water terrain, you're gonna get one-man armied.
From my experience, if you haven't killed Steele yet by the time the fish attacks Kyril, your chances at getting S rank isn't good.

In conclusion, killing Steele does NOT always guarantee an S rank.
Strategy is the key to victory!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Steel only gets 1 Punishment spell. things that can help is loading Andarc with Thunder, Earth, and Fire Beads for himself, Peck, and Kyril respectively. might want to think about helping Edgar (Fire) and Brandeau (Water) as well, but i think the enemy pirates are all Water, so maybe pack more Lightning.

-if Kyril is on Fire, the Fish has little to no chance of harming him

-keep Edgar and Brandeau close not only to themselves but near the ally pirates. get pretty aggressive with them so the allies can survive and help deal the damage.

-try to use Andarc's Lightning magic appropriately so he can level up and use it again. Extra Move is helpful here.

-Steele will use the spell on the first target in range; best choice is probably Edgar on a fire tile. if Andarc has made it close to Steele, set up lightning before Andarc's in range and on his next turn, get on the Lightning and blast him.

for me, Andarc usually didn't make it until Steele was almost finished because i used him to stick elements on Peck and Kyril and take out enemies that went to attack Peck.
tactless

Post by tactless »

not that I had get rank S, but what I´ve done was used the earth force bead brandeau has on peck, a flame force for kyril with andarc, and then just "charge,m´boys!!!". on a first gameplay, I always killed the pirates and the fish. and now in my NG+ I go after Steele
"Whoa! I can´t wait to learn the art of dozzing off at my feet!" - Nalleo