Charcters dying

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
CannonballX

Charcters dying

Post by CannonballX »

I am new to these boards but a huge Suikoden fan I am playing tactics at the moment and was just wondering if a charcter like Eugene dies will it impact the ending in anyway?

reason I ask this is because Eugene keeps dying on me in the level where u have to beat up the mercant who hurt those kids.

I may just have to hunt monsters and get my levels up
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

i dont think it can, i belive thats why story characters cant die, so the ending wont change.
at least, i didnt notice any non story char in teh ending
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The only ones besides non-killable characters that have an effect on the ending are the four pirates (Sigurd, Hervey, Dario & Nalleo) and Roget. The others have nil.
CannonballX

Post by CannonballX »

Thanks guys :) I'm enjoying this game alot I dont want any of the charecters to die so I'm gonna level them up best I can

Kika and HeroIV rule in this game :)
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

i lost tristan, and reinhold, because i didnt realise you could restart a level without reloading a game.
so remember, if you lose a guy you dont want to, you can restart the level by pressing start, and then retry i belive
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Better yet, loose the entire battle (via the battle conditions) and then retry and you will get your lost characters back but keep all the experience you've gained.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Just remember that higher stats means it would be more difficult to get S rank.
CannonballX

Post by CannonballX »

I havent worried about the ranks yet I really just wanted to make sure I got HeroIV and Snowe...... LV1 with Snowe sucks ah well
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

CannonballX wrote:I havent worried about the ranks yet I really just wanted to make sure I got HeroIV and Snowe...... LV1 with Snowe sucks ah well
Characters dying have no effect in getting Hero IV or Snowe.

As for Snowe's low level, simply level him up to par with the rest of your team. His low level served me well in getting S ranks a few times, when combined with Kyril's 1-HP handicap.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

ALso if you don't want Lvl 1 Snowe to die, pack him with some medals for HP and defensive gear, Use beads for experience until lvl 8 or so, then just use him to kill low hp enemies (backstab or viper rune or kangaroo rune for 100% hit) until his level is close to par, build up the combo with Lazlo if you like.
But yea, "regular" swordsmen are probably the weakest figter type in the game due to basically everyone else having something called range attacks. That is why it's very important for them to have Top Notch mobility and decent defensive gear if you want to use them.

My regular fighter-type strength list is like this.

1. Archers 2.Mages 3.Weapon throwers 4.Spearmen 5. Swordsmen and Hand to Hand Combaters.

The best mages in the game of course are your most powerful characters cause they should have best range, very good mobility, little or no casting time. Yes Lazlo is a mage, cause the RoP can become so powerful with a Wizard Rune, you don't need to do physical attacks.
The Unicorn Rune for spearmen is ridiculous once you get to level 3 usage, you can just Juggernaut Headbutt the enemies on the map within range.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Felicitycat

Post by Felicitycat »

I believe that the player's guide had it wrong. In the Characters section, they are always saying, "[character] is merely an average fighter..." when I believe it is the other way around -- the game is filled with "average," normal fighters with a few exceptional ones.

Snowe is still okay in my book. And True Friendship still rocks.
You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes?
Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?
Nalleo

Post by Nalleo »

Man,I lost Trishtan,Jeremy,Reinbach and Charlemagne!!!!Damn,it was such a waste.I cannot use Obel Soldier Attack and Love Love Attack!And think about Millay,she must be lonely!Waaaaaa! :(
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Nalleo, please don't post if you have nothing new to add to the discussion.
Sagiri

Re: Charcters dying

Post by Sagiri »

I only lost Trishtan. I was in Graska palace and he was awesome but I was about to beat the hard battle and I was like
"Well, I made it this far, I'm not gonna go back and get him."

I just love how Lazlo kicks ass and he can't die because if he does guess what happens. :o
After I lost Trishtan I decided to only use non-killable people. So for you people who are having a hard time, here.

Kyril Andarc Seneca Busk Ornela Lazlo Kika Flare Lino Corselia (maybe there was one other I couldn't remember)
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
newsuikofan

Re: Charcters dying

Post by newsuikofan »

Sagiri wrote:I only lost Trishtan. I was in Graska palace and he was awesome but I was about to beat the hard battle and I was like
"Well, I made it this far, I'm not gonna go back and get him."

I just love how Lazlo kicks ass and he can't die because if he does guess what happens. :o
After I lost Trishtan I decided to only use non-killable people. So for you people who are having a hard time, here.

Kyril Andarc Seneca Busk Ornela Lazlo Kika Flare Lino Corselia (maybe there was one other I couldn't remember)
Coop, Simeon, Lalacle, Mizuki and Akaghi are also characters that always withdraw.

Anyway, this was a dead topic.

This is one of the easiest SRPGs ever made, nobody should be dying during the game.