Sigurd

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
CameoChic444

Sigurd

Post by CameoChic444 »

I know he was a good character in 4 and it's been mentioned that he's good in this one but I played a demo and he didn't seem that great - pretty much average stats at level 12, with appalling magic def - does he get better later on?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

There was a demo released for this game?

Sigurd's true worth lies in his weapon type: throwing knives. The Kite, I mean, the Eagle Rune is one of the best command runes in the game.

You don't get too many ranged fighters anyway, so he's good.

Don't expect a Hero IV out of him however.
CameoChic444

Post by CameoChic444 »

It was just a small demo with a British magazine.
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

sigurds decent, his weapons pretty good, and the rune he can use is sweet.
he can also ride the kangacorns.
you just have to be careful, because he can actually die
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

CameoChic444 wrote:It was just a small demo with a British magazine.
Oh, that reminds me to check gaming magazines more frequently. Excellent.
Pahn

Post by Pahn »

I think he's a great character. Good attacks and runes, high defense too.
Masamune

Post by Masamune »

The point about throwing knives that I never really saw mentioned is that he can fight close-ranged and long-ranged - but his long range isn't as much as an archer. Still, it makes him rather versatile.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

the problem with sigurd is ,as some people have experienced, that he has a very high death rate for a fatal blow and people don't like losing characters for the rest of the game.
Strategy is the key to victory!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Death rate depends on his LUC stats.

Otherwise, a good approach is to never allow anyone to take the risk of death. The game has plenty of mechanism to minimise the risk, so that's not much of a problem.
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

ya, sigurds not to hard to keep alive, considering you can keep him behind a tough fighter and he can still attack
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Masamune wrote:The point about throwing knives that I never really saw mentioned is that he can fight close-ranged and long-ranged - but his long range isn't as much as an archer. Still, it makes him rather versatile.
Actually, Clairvoyance allows him to attack at ranges farther than archers can reach (if I recall correctly.. havent played this game since last year).
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

lets him hit 3 times his range i think, so any one guy within 6 squares
Windspun_Monkey

Post by Windspun_Monkey »

Mitsuba is also an awesome killable character. Give her the ogre breath and beserker belt and then do everything possible to increase her accuracy and she is awesome. If you don't like killable characters then you can use Coop but he's not quite as good.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Sigurd is one of the most versatile characters in the game. he can mount Kangacorns, use elemental robes to change his element, use elemental swords to match his robe (or for other purposes), and the rune for knife users has great attacks. if you don't find him effective at low level, it's probably because you don't have his robes and rune slots to work with yet.. be patient! oh, and his PDF and MDF are close to being the highest in the game, oddly enough. he also has high skill... Sigurd stands out in almost every category.