Anyone with some nice money making tips?

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
EdgeOfThorns

Anyone with some nice money making tips?

Post by EdgeOfThorns »

I just hit the small village and man, i just need a ton of change. i got most my players up to lvl 6 weaponry but armors and such i cant get much.

Anyone know of a great money maker or is just hitting a field or obel the really only way to just get it built up throughout the game?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Three easy steps:

1. Exploit the "sell your equipment at full price" bug. No matter what items you want to sell, make sure to equip them first on a character. Then sell them from there. Do NOT sell directly from your inventory, or you will only get half of the buying price.

2. Weapon levels should always take precedence before equipment. The best items are diggable in the game, so there's not much point in investing too much potch on equipment.

3. Complete as many Quests as possible.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

And don't forget you can hunt monsters, too. Kill two birds with one stone by levelling up some of your weaker characters while you're at it.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

You could always work downtown on the corner with Shaniqua and Candy.

oh, you mean in game?

I think everyone else covered it decently.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Completing as many quest (with OR without X-company quests)a s possible will GREATLY help your financial problems for most of the game until the things get insanely expensive like in Graska, but even then Rank A,S quests will give you a good chunk of change. You also get bonus items for doing some of the quests.
Also,if you're broke most of the time in the game, you're properly upgrading your characters throughout the game.
You can run through the Obel Ruins to get cash and special equipment in the elemental chambers.
You can max out Cedric's stats and give him good defensive gear and blaze through lvl 1-4 Obel Ruins.
Strategy is the key to victory!
EdgeOfThorns

Post by EdgeOfThorns »

Yea im in B rank on quests, been doin as many non X & Co quests as i can.

"You can max out Cedric's stats and give him good defensive gear and blaze through lvl 1-4 Obel Ruins."

Hm i never thought of this! You mean to go through and steal items?
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

I mean start and reach the destination squares with Cedric, the only things you might want to steal are elemental fragments, but you need Noah for that.

Otherwise, for example, you can finish Obel Ruins lvl 1 in 2 turns using Cedric. Basically run pass the enemies. He'll get attacked if he's near enemies, but top notch defensive gear and dodge skill can lessen the severity of this problem.
EdgeOfThorns

Post by EdgeOfThorns »

lol yea i wasnt thinkin for a sec, when i said that and went down and was playing i just realized that Cedric cant steal and that you were meaning run him through quick so that it gives you most likely S rank for finishing a level so quick.

I just didnt feel like coming back up here last night to correct what i had wrote :p

But im gonna try that with Cedric, that sounds like a decent way to make a few bucks.

I pulled up into Graska and yea prices skyrocketed...although i got most of everyone important up to lvl 7 weaponry.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

well, quick finishes do NOT necessarily get you S ranks in the Obel Ruins. Leaving too many enemies alive on the battlefield is counted as a deduction toward your ranking.

level 7 weaponary is all you need if you want to finish the game soon. The final 2 battles at the end are ridiculously easy to win, but i have yet to write a strategy to get an S rank in the final area. i'm playing suikoden 5 now so it'll be a while...
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

There are "EXP gained" and "average damage inflicted" criteria that you must fulfill to get S ranks, so finishing a battle as fast as possible without inflicting damage might not be a good idea after all.

The final 2 areas are only hard if you don't wander off and do other things after Graska. Otherwise, it'd be a complete joke, as their levels are set at around Lv 35. Yours can be anywhere up to Lv 50, if you take the time to train.