Found a really nice technique to lvl up really low guys

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
EdgeOfThorns

Found a really nice technique to lvl up really low guys

Post by EdgeOfThorns »

Not sure if this is old, if it is then ignore me :lol:

But it sucked with Snowe being lvl 1, what i did though was get him on in and cleared everything except an element.

I had him run around smacking it over and over making tons of experience, and when the element got low i would heal it and just keep doing it.

It really flew by. If you keep his weapon skill unleveled too for awhile you can do this for a good while to get his lvl up to a respectable spot.

I just kept doing it and he was lvl 20 in almost no time at all.

Hope this can help maybe some people, but if its already been a know tactic then forgive me, i havent gotten a chance to scan all the threads yet to see.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

pfft... i have an easier method.

Let him sit back and use water beads/force on himself the entire time.
Strategy is the key to victory!
EdgeOfThorns

Post by EdgeOfThorns »

Yea that works too, although i thought i got more exp for actually hitting a higher lvl critter. Being it was around lvl 25 or so, he was getting a TON of exp.

But if casting beads etc get more than yea that would be better, i just cant remember what exp totals were :P
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

water force is limited, and beads cost a shitload more than medicine.

I think the OPs idea is better.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

water force is unlimited at low levels, cause you level up for every 2 forces and replenish the spell. try again...
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

MatildaWhiteKnightLeader wrote:water force is unlimited at low levels, cause you level up for every 2 forces and replenish the spell. try again...
You don't get 500+ XP for casting waterforce.

And at low levels you would be lucky to have 2 or 3 casts of the spell.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

unfortunately you're wrong, when Snowe is below lvl 10 when Kyril is around level 20ish, Snowe will get like 400-600 exp for using a water force/bead anywhere. Around level 8, Snowe should get 2 casts for a level 1 spell.

People who have played the game can back me up on this.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

I think an easier way is to have Kyril bring a fish monster to 1 hp, then have the lvl 1 character kill it. I found that to be the easiest way.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

well if you're gonna level up low level characters that way, you need to have weapon runes on them for 100% hit. low level characters have bad accuracy against enemies, sometimes even a back stab will miss. If he misses, he could be killed in a single counter attack, or he'll be killed during the enemy's phase. It's no secret folks, the AI for the enemies is programmed to eliminate any member of your party if it has the chance. So if you have other enemies nearby, lvl 1-10 Snowe WILL BE killed during the enemy phase.
RPG Seeker

Post by RPG Seeker »

A rather easy way to level up low level chars is having the high level storyline characters kill every enemy off except elementals, switch in low-level chars and have them kill off the high-level chars.

Or hunt metal crabs in Mido Shallows, kill off every other enemy, wait until the metal crab runs out of steam chasing Eugene, switch in low-leveled characters and simply whack away at it but make sure it stays on lightning terrain.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if you're bored you can kill your own characters for exp.. like have Snowe kill um.. max level Lazlo... there are many ways of getting easy exp in this game, you just need to use the character in a battle and pay attention to him/her to get the experience going.
Enigmatist

Post by Enigmatist »

The best, by far, method I've found is in Level One of the Obel Ruins. There is one specific formation where three skeletons are positioned at the far end, in a "triangle". After eliminating all the monsters in the room, those three skeletons alone will continue to respawn infinitely. Move your characters in to surround them so they can't move. Then continue killing them over and over, switching to the next lowest character as you level them up to the desired level.

Because the elemental affinity of each skeleton never changes, you can keep all three of them on their negative affinity to make them easier for low level characters. Of course, keep high level main characters nearby in choice spots to aid the fledglings.

Not advisable to place low level characters in front, as they have lower chances of hitting. The two skeletons in the back are archers, which are the smaller threat, as the single skeleton on bottom is a somewhat tough swordsman.

The big bonus - repeating this process for 1-2 hours (if you're that patient) will also yield around 100,000 - 200,000 potch and 90,000 - 170,000 skill points!!!!!