Just beat IV and onto Tactics! Few questions:

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
EdgeOfThorns

Just beat IV and onto Tactics! Few questions:

Post by EdgeOfThorns »

I used my game clear save to load IV data, thats correct right? I know it said data loaded, although the way i read a few things it made it seem like the save right before Cray in IV was the one you needed, but the save i used was the end game clear save, im sure that should be right.

The game is great so far though ,loving it :)

How many chars are able to be recruited, is it the normal 108?

And one more, hows the Tactics guide? I just ordered it, im hoping its pretty good, lemme know 8)

Edit: Yea, just a bit confused here...reading people say about using NewGame+, what does that mean?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Just beat IV and onto Tactics! Few questions:

Post by patapi »

EdgeOfThorns wrote:I used my game clear save to load IV data, thats correct right? I know it said data loaded, although the way i read a few things it made it seem like the save right before Cray in IV was the one you needed, but the save i used was the end game clear save, im sure that should be right.
As long as it's a save with all 108 Stars acquired in CURRENT playthrough, you're good. A fresh Clear Data will be fine. A Clear Data that you've used to write New Game+ saves over it won't work until you reacquire all the Stars again.
The game is great so far though ,loving it :)
Excellent.
How many chars are able to be recruited, is it the normal 108?
60 in total. 2 requires S4 save transfer, and 1 is New Game+ only.
You also don't recruit shopkeepers in this game, hence the lower number.
And one more, hows the Tactics guide? I just ordered it, im hoping its pretty good, lemme know 8)
It's decent at best. It missed a lot of details that make the game appear too simple than it really is. Even artworks were no more than recycling of the ones that appeared in S4 guide. (This comment is referring to the English guide, just in case.)
Edit: Yea, just a bit confused here...reading people say about using NewGame+, what does that mean?
You complete one game, and you can save a Clear Data. If you load that Clear Data, you will start a new game, but with a number of perks carried over from your previous playthrough. That's what they call New Game+. All Suikoden installments from S4 onwards come with this feature.
EdgeOfThorns

Post by EdgeOfThorns »

Yea i finally realized it was for getting newgame+ on this game, i was thinking it for some reason was something different when it came to loading your Suiko IV data into Tactics.

But yea, newgame+ as to starting a new game and carrying certain things over, got it now...it was like 4 am or something too when i was up posting last night :roll: :lol:

Well least the guide is decent, ill have to check out some online guides with it apparently to go along with it.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

The guide is helpful in getting treasures and knowing where the enemies are placed on the map. You can formulate a strategy based on where the enemies are placed. It also gives you detailed info on all the quests in the game, all the characters, all the runes, special/S rank items, etc....
However, there are mistakes in the guide.
Strategy is the key to victory!