Battle Difficulty?

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
xxRisonxx

Battle Difficulty?

Post by xxRisonxx »

I've been lurking for a while, but after beating Suikoden 5 and getting back to Suikoden tatics, hehe. I was wondering if this game will stay easy enough to use who I want, unlike some Strategy RPG's.

I've just gotten to where I can hunt monsters, was curious of this before spending a while getting everyone the most update stuff/skills. Not really concerned with "S Ranks" etc at the moment as it is still the first play through.

Hehe, I just remember how some games (Final Fantasy Tatics among others) became a real pain if you didn't have specific characters around for key battles. Guess I'm asking this because I dun want to get attached to one char only to find them unusable at later levels. :roll:
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Well, the monsters will level up as you do (for the hunting monsters, not for the missions though, I don't think) so it will always be relatively challenging.
Purr.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Most characters end up pretty much at the same level, with very few obvious exceptions.

Hero IV and Kika are exceptional units. Also those who can use the Eagle (previously Kite) runes are some of the more useful fighters that you could use.

The Support characters will always be useful but only in certain situations, and the no-death plot characters will always have a definite advantage over those who can (and will) die in battles. That is, if you are no good at taking care of your characters.

I'd recommend waiting for New Game+ for S ranks, if you can afford it. The things that get transferred really makes a difference in achieving them.
SirDrake999

Re: Battle Difficulty?

Post by SirDrake999 »

This game has a good level of difficulty, thanks to the rune changing soil especially.

However, New game +, is too easy even equiping the champion rune, and only using the maximum posible buyable armor in the chapter
xxRisonxx

Post by xxRisonxx »

Hmm, thanks guys. :)

So far it has been pretty easy, so I guess I'll just keep using who I want. lol