About Hervey and Dario...

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Remo

About Hervey and Dario...

Post by Remo »

Is Hervey one of killable characters? I am asking because he is needed for some cutscenes. If Hervey would die in battle against Sigurd then he couldn't be present in the cutscene where he lies on the floor with Sigurd in Nest of Pirates (not to mention he couldn't be present during the whole Suikoden 4 story). Does it mean he can't be killed? Also Dario is present in the cutscene after the battle where you have save Kika and Nalleo. What if he is killed during this battle? How does it change that cutscene? Or maybe he can't be killed? Anyone knows?
Buff

Post by Buff »

during the sigurd battle during the begining if hervey dies he just withdraws from battle. but after when you recruit them and dies then, then yes he will die in the game.
Remo

Post by Remo »

So at first he can't be killed, but later he's killable? Maybe because he has no further purpose in ST? If that's the reason then why did Konami troubled themself to change Hervey into killable character, but they haven't done the same thing with Frederica (she tells you Cray's story and after that there's no point for her to being unkillable)? Also Kika has no further purpose in ST after meeting with king Lino, and yet she is unkillable. Not to mention Flare - she is unkillable but she doesn't have any important role in ST at all. She's only present in the ending, but she doesn't say a single word anyway (it wouldn't be any different without her).
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

None of the temp prologue characters can permanently die as far as I know. Unless they join you again later as optional characters, then they can die from that point onwards. It's not like they are already your permanent recruits at that point of time anyway.
Remo

Post by Remo »

That makes sense. I forgot that Hervey joins temporary - maybe because all other joinable characters that will help the party during some battle (but before they are actualy recruited, for example: Charlemagne, Snowe), are being controled by AI; Hervey is the only character (except Dario) that can be controled during the whole battle when he is not offically recruited. I'm still not sure about Dario though. I can't check if he can die during the battle in the Nest of Pirates (it takes places after prologue after all), because I lend ST to my friend and he already completed that part of game :(
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

any character thats not apart of the current story can die, kika will never die because kika is a permanent part of the story
Albert Silverberg

Post by Albert Silverberg »

At the beginning, when you get Hervey and fight sigurd, and Hervey dies, he will just withdraw. ONce you get him as an optional character however, YES he will die. This has happened to me. Sigurd can die to as well. Kika cannot die because she is a permanent part of the story. Same with Andarc, Seneca, Corselia, etc. because they are part of the story. I also think Coop is unkillable, someone correct me if he isnt.
Buff

Post by Buff »

coop is unkillable since he is also part of the story.
triqueta

Post by triqueta »

so if hervey die in a game i wont be able to recruit him again?is this correct?
:?
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

You can only recruit people once anyway, so I don't fully understand your question.

If you meant "use" instead of "recruit" then no, you can't use him again if he dies, only if he withdraws. When you have him at the start of the game in the battle against Sigurd he can't die anyway, but he can after you've recruited him proper later in the game.