Obel Ruins Annoyance

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Rhin

Obel Ruins Annoyance

Post by Rhin »

Is it just me or is that place insanely annoying. A while ago it took me like 3hrs or so to get to the 5th/6th floor and then someone died. So there goes hrs of my life for nothing because i had to reset the game. Now, i tried it again tonight thinking ill be ok this time. Nope, another 3-4hrs gone because of 1 stupid attack. My normal members never EVER withdraw, they always die. And I personally don't like the immortal members all too much because i have other people lvled up. -_- does anyone else have this problem?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

lol yep

I hate that about suikoden tactics, many many times ive wasted days leveling up and trying to get ancient recipe's and on 1 occasion I actually got the ancient recipee in a random spot on the 4th or 5th level{cant remember which} and then my BEST character jeremy DIES! from 1 attack...

it was then that I decided to stop playing the game for a while...then I eventually came back to it to resume the main story, still havent beaten it though
Last edited by son_michael on Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhin

Post by Rhin »

Well I'm really pumped about Suikoden V so I wanted to play this and beat it before it comes out. It's just so frustrating c_c. The last time i played the game was back in December, i quit because of the Ruins Annoyance. So i figured id give it another try but I'm STILL getting my ass handed to me lol. So I doubt I'll play it again for another 3 months lol.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

if you're just there for leveling then so be it.

But if you're there for treasure, you should have used story-line characters (listed elsewhere in this forum) who are immune to death.

If you want to blow through the ruins, you should use Lazlo and a strong party of mages and archers. Regular fighters are almost useless here since most of the enemies will hit you as hard if not harder. Fighters with special weapon runes like Kyril and Kika on the other hand can deliver a one-hit kill.
If you have problems with Golems, you can read my strategy in the Obel Ruins sticky thread. Lazlo or a strong lightning mage with Extra Move will do the trick.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Zatoichi

Post by Zatoichi »

Rhin wrote:Well I'm really pumped about Suikoden V so I wanted to play this and beat it before it comes out. It's just so frustrating c_c. The last time i played the game was back in December, i quit because of the Ruins Annoyance. So i figured id give it another try but I'm STILL getting my ass handed to me lol. So I doubt I'll play it again for another 3 months lol.
Are you saying it's required to get this "ancient recipe" (don't know what that is by the way) to finish the game? I'm currently at about 14hours and I was under the impression that I was about 1/2th throughout the game (thought it was around 25-30 hours).

What level is recommended for the lower levels of the Obel ruins?
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Ancient Recipe is one of Laracle's quests. Those quests are optional. You can finish the game without doing them. Therefore, ancient recipe is NOT required to finish the game.

I don't know why people are giving up on the game cause of the Obel Ruins. You can finish the game without entering it. The enemies in the Obel Ruins will more or less match Kyril's current level in the game. So it is good to have some people above Kyril's level in the game if you want to play the Obel Ruins.

Also, the story battles are MUCH easier than the battles in the Obel Ruins.
Basically, if you're past Fort El-Eal you're just about half way through the game.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

because people are pefectionist and wanna get all the quest...thats why we get pissed off if we cant get everything
Porom
Banned User

Post by Porom »

Tell me. You are aware that they made the Start -> Retry command avaliable for this sort of thing?

Resets current dungeon level to how it was pre-battle?

I've done it at least a dozen times for treasure hunting related deaths and finding out where the treasure is? You DIDN'T have to reset your game or waste the work of those previous floors?
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

also you can't get everything on your first playthrough (laracle and a failed mission generated quest) so you have 2 playthroughs to get everything. Relax and enjoy the game hehe.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Porom wrote:Tell me. You are aware that they made the Start -> Retry command avaliable for this sort of thing?

Resets current dungeon level to how it was pre-battle?

I've done it at least a dozen times for treasure hunting related deaths and finding out where the treasure is? You DIDN'T have to reset your game or waste the work of those previous floors?
it dosen't work in the obel ruins...you should know that
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

on the contrary, yes it does. you can retry at each level. I've retried battles many times cause those walking elementals do a ton of damage.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

what...havent played obel ruins in a while so I guess I forgot

then there must be some other reason why I never retry in obel ruins *thinks*

I know! the reason is because the battles take FOREVER to finish and I dont like leving my system on all night when I dont feel like playing anymore so I just shut it off in frustration

thats gotta be the reason....
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I dont like leving my system on all night when I dont feel like playing anymore so I just shut it off in frustration
I take it the whole "Save and come back later" while in dungeons escaped you as well?
thats gotta be the reason....
I can think of a much more plausible one...
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:I take it the whole "Save and come back later" while in dungeons escaped you as well?
actually your right...ive never used that feature in the middle of a battle...I just forgot about it
I can think of a much more plausible one...
you just love to piss people off...dont you?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah that's a major tip for anyone playing this game. i learned about it pretty late as well. my first couple times at obel sucked and i restarted the game if something horrible happened..

with the restart ability, you can be pretty reckless trying to get through the first 4 stages quickly, hoping for good results. if something bad happens i just restart and plot a little, but i don't bother to set up too much for those stages.