good mount characters?

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
kenshindono

good mount characters?

Post by kenshindono »

Im just curious who you guys regard as good candidates for mounts. I Just fought the terra plains and have never really used a kangakorn in battle. The fact that you lose battle lust is a big disadvantage to me and they seem to make you dodge less (do you even keep the dodge skill?)

i havent gotten owls yet, but obviously they would rule for archers, my real questions the kangakorns. What characters are good for them? My guess is high str/def characters? someone like tal or something?

just looking for sugestions so i can try them out because the only time ive used them is to get somewhere fast, i never use them in battle
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I only use Kangacorns for travel and then dismount or else I keep Eugene on them, since he needs all the defence he can get to keep from getting ganged up on.

You're right about the Battle Lust, mounting almost makes them useless since Battle Lust makes attackers more powerful than the boosts Kangacorns give them.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I generally keep snowe and millay on kangacorns,millay always gets the armored kangacorn{because of her low defense}if eugene isnt in my party.{eugene is always my first choice for armored kangacorn because his firefly rune makes him the focus of attack}

snowe just seems extremley powerfull whenever I mount him on a kangacorn, with a kangacorn rune and a cyclone rune...snowe is 1 of my best characters
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

Trishtan hands down is the best armored Kangacorn user ( at my level anyway ). He has masses of HP and high pdef along with defensive skills that work when mounted.

IMO Millay is wasted on a kanga - she has high parry and sheild defense skills both of which cannot be used when mounted, making her stronger defensively on foot. In her defense though, Millay mounted on the normal Kanga has high movement and speed, so I always use her to catch Cedric... you just have to weaken her a bit so she doesn't KO him in one hit! XD
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Jewel and Gretchen should probably be on a Kangacorn. they both are pretty strong, Gretchen has exceptional PDF (there are only like 4 characters with above avg pdf), and not so great skill.
killey

Post by killey »

Yes sing Gretchen's praises! Sing them loud! :D

Although she is capable of more damage off a kangacorn (unless you use rush a lot) you may want to add to her already great defence. Personally I prefer her on foot.

As for good mount characters, anyone who isn't exceptional at skills that can only be used on foot qualifies. For me the only character who is almost always mounted is Jeremy, and he just goes around and uses Rush on everyone.
Loner Prime

Post by Loner Prime »

I use Trishtan on armored kangacorn, he's a living wall ( ennemies almost always hit him for 1 dmg only) and Flare on armored owl (nice range and she's strangely dodging everything)
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

hrm fairly good sugestions. unfortunatly i dont use any of those characters =P lol. Probably use them more on my new game +

which chars are the high pdf ones? you guys say there are about 4?

the only thing about kangacorns is i would imagine staying on foot would be better since you lose armor defense on the kanga.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

if you put a character on the armored kangacorn you will gain defense and lose speed, the regular kangacorn is the opposite and you would lose defense and get increased speed if you mounted the regular 1
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

right. but armor defense is one of the skills you lose when you mount a kangacorn.. armor defense isn't part of the pd stat as far as i know, it just factors in after. Like battle lust.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

sorry I read your post wrong, I thought you were saying you lose Pdef,sorry I had a sleepless night yesterday*yawn*
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

The high DEF characters are Sigurd, Eugene, Trishtan, and Gretchen. I prefer Sigurd and Trishtan, but Eugene has his uses since not only does he have outrageously high PDF but his EVA is attrociously high as well.
I hope everything is going delicious.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

really, sigurd? thats odd. tnx for the info
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Sigurd is a freakin tank in this game.. but has relatively low HP. super high MDF, high PDF, and of course, high skill an all. then can wear Hand of God, easily make use of Berserker Belt since all the Eagle Rune attacks are great, and CHANGE ELEMENTS using elemental robes!

and back to the topic.. AND HE CAN MOUNT
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Not on giant owls though, oddly enough.