Evil Eye problems

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Un_Colombiano

Evil Eye problems

Post by Un_Colombiano »

H I was jus wondering, how is it possible to beat the Secret Room level of the Evil Eye chapter. Since there is no way to fight random battles (?), I cant really level up....so Im stuck with my Lv5,6 characters duking it out with Lv7,8 characters....and it isnt long before my chaacters get kiled....any help here to beat this level? thanks
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

As with any level my advice is to get the best equipment and weapons you can and upgrade your skills. Other than that just keep trying and dying and "Try again" and level up that way. Also, stand on your elements, that is key to surviving.

Later on there will be "random encounters" in fields and Obel if you want to do them.
Un_Colombiano

Post by Un_Colombiano »

Well, I DO have the best equipemnt (only towns avaiable are Razirl and Middleport) and the skills only let me upgrade to class D. So I guess I'll have to keep doing the "Try Again" option. Still.....I didnt think the game would be challenging so quick. Having you fight Lv7,8 monsters with only 3 party memebers of Lv6 (Rita doesnt count, her at Lv1 would be killed, so I dont have her in the fight).

Also, the Battle Lust ability....it is just me, or does it do less damage than when you normally didnt have that skill equipped? I remember Kyril doing like 32 damage, and now with the Battle Lust hes doing 20 damage. Or mabye its just that now that I'm at this board the enemies are harder so thats the case.
Buff

Post by Buff »

Un_Colombiano wrote: Also, the Battle Lust ability....it is just me, or does it do less damage than when you normally didnt have that skill equipped? I remember Kyril doing like 32 damage, and now with the Battle Lust hes doing 20 damage. Or mabye its just that now that I'm at this board the enemies are harder so thats the case.
are you talking about he did more damage as a kid than he does grown up.if that's the case he loses a lot of power after his dead got turned into a fish and died.so that's the cause of that.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=52662

There's lots more information on how to level up in this area as well as how to get Rita in fighting shape, refer to the link.
Un_Colombiano

Post by Un_Colombiano »

Thats goot and all, but still, the Secret Room level, there is like 4,5 eneimes coming at you at once, so having to train Rita here isnt a really good idea. SO basically Im stuck with Kyril, Andarc, and Sec(wats-her-face). Plus, those Skeleton - Bow are a killer! takes off like 30 damage per hit, plus the annoying Bats....how can I beat this level if the game doesnt even give me a chance to level up?
Buff

Post by Buff »

Un_Colombiano wrote:Thats goot and all, but still, the Secret Room level, there is like 4,5 eneimes coming at you at once, so having to train Rita here isnt a really good idea. SO basically Im stuck with Kyril, Andarc, and Sec(wats-her-face). Plus, those Skeleton - Bow are a killer! takes off like 30 damage per hit, plus the annoying Bats....how can I beat this level if the game doesnt even give me a chance to level up?
it's seneca.have seneca take care of the bats and use what lighting magic you have to take out a archer.another good thing to have is seneca and andrac's unite attack.it will deal some great damage.but be wise with it since you'll will only be able to use it once and then you'll have to wait a certiain ammount of time before you could use it again in the same battle.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Now you're just repeating yourself, like I said, it does let you level up if you keep attacking and dying. You can be reckless in an attempt to get experience points and then just die and keep them. Seriously, it's a very well thought out system there's no reason to think you can't level up. Don't forget that you can just cast spells on your own people or use items and that also gives you experience. Even try levelling Rita up, so what if she dies, just don't finish the level and die and retry and she'll be back.
Buff

Post by Buff »

Oppenheimer wrote:Even try levelling Rita up, so what if she dies, just don't finish the level and die and retry and she'll be back.
just don't use that method every where.rene died on me in the runis of obel and all my other characters died.when it came back on rene was still dead.that method prolly just works on actual game battles and not battles like the ruins of obel and other places you can hunt monsters at.
Un_Colombiano

Post by Un_Colombiano »

? the Skeleton - Bow is weak to lighting? Really....

also, what is the point of the calender? Im right now on Water - 2/23....what does that mean?
Buff

Post by Buff »

i only used it for 3 purposes.1 you recruit eugene on a water day.2nd you use it for the runes of obel for the final level.and 3rd depends on what element day it's on depends on who you get between dario,nelleo,sigurd and hervery.the other 2 you can pick up during ch.15.
Un_Colombiano

Post by Un_Colombiano »

OK, I finally beat it. I didnt know that characters come back to life when you choose Try Again option. Thanks for the help guys
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Buff wrote: just don't use that method every where.rene died on me in the runis of obel and all my other characters died.when it came back on rene was still dead.that method prolly just works on actual game battles and not battles like the ruins of obel and other places you can hunt monsters at.
Obel ruins is different becuase you never get a game over screen, you just get kicked out to the surface. They explain that characters that die in there die for real before you enter for the first time. However, hunting in the fields should be the same as you'll actually get the game over screen.
Un_Colombiano wrote:OK, I finally beat it. I didnt know that characters come back to life when you choose Try Again option. Thanks for the help guys
Glad we could help.
Buff

Post by Buff »

Oppenheimer wrote:
Buff wrote: just don't use that method every where.rene died on me in the runis of obel and all my other characters died.when it came back on rene was still dead.that method prolly just works on actual game battles and not battles like the ruins of obel and other places you can hunt monsters at.
Obel ruins is different becuase you never get a game over screen, you just get kicked out to the surface. They explain that characters that die in there die for real before you enter for the first time. However, hunting in the fields should be the same as you'll actually get the game over screen.
lol guess i should of read what the guard said then.