Faster leveling!?

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

It does not decrease the characters good will.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Mikalakatov wrote:It does not decrease the characters good will.
How do you know that? I was under the impression that it does.
Buff

Post by Buff »

i guess a good way to find out is if they still talk to each other or help each other out. but a better way is to take characters you don't or won't use in the game and just do it on them...well unless they can die if you kill them.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

Oppenheimer wrote:
Mikalakatov wrote:It does not decrease the characters good will.
How do you know that? I was under the impression that it does.
I read the manual, it just says that the broken heart icon means that your character cannot use units or talk with you, thats it. Also, you don't have to kill anyone, the only ones that you could kill if you want to, is the characters that cannot die, it would be best not to take the chances, I have never killed any of the characters so I really don't know about that.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Mikalakatov wrote:I read the manual, it just says that the broken heart icon means that your character cannot use units or talk with you, thats it.
I'm not saying broken hearted status causes loss of good will I think that attacking your own characters causes but broken heart status for that battle and also lowers good will permanently.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Oppenheimer wrote:
Mikalakatov wrote:I read the manual, it just says that the broken heart icon means that your character cannot use units or talk with you, thats it.
I'm not saying broken hearted status causes loss of good will I think that attacking your own characters causes but broken heart status for that battle and also lowers good will permanently.
precisely what I thought, which is why I NEVER attack my characters, and I preety much ALWAYS get assisted in attacking and defending
Buff

Post by Buff »

son_michael wrote:
Oppenheimer wrote:
precisely what I thought, which is why I NEVER attack my characters, and I preety much ALWAYS get assisted in attacking and defending
same goes for me, even when they are far away they some time still assist.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

son_michael wrote:
Oppenheimer wrote:
I attack my people and always get assisted when I attack and get defened all the time as well. So I really doubt that it permantly takes away good will.
Albert Silverberg

Post by Albert Silverberg »

Faster Leveling eh? Here's my advice:

- When leveling up cahracters that are significantly weak, do Hunt Monsters. Now don't put in that guy yet. Use your standard, high-leveled party members. Eliminate everything, EXCEPT the Elemental. Now switch the low-levelled guy/s in. Since the Elemental just runs around, just have the guy attack. This can get quite annoying, since the Elemental can move twice before your low-levelled guy can get to him. I used this trick with my Sigurd.

- If your characters are on par with the enemies levels (most of the time this is what happens), I have only one advice: Play smart. Just play smart. Do NOT do anything reckless, for that may result in a characters death. Just use unite attacks at the right time, attack at the right position, and you will get experience. It may be slow, but thats what I do. It's also pretty easy to level up someone like Andarc when he hits lots of enemies with spells.
Lockeadon

Hmmm.. this is the best way for a single character, by far

Post by Lockeadon »

Okay, take the character you want to level and go hunt honsters, and put him\her\it in battle ALONE, at the correct lair (ie start with the waekest monster hunt place (the fishmen area) then work up. This is why this works: you get the experience from ALL the enemies\actions of the stage, even if you die just continue and you'll keep the experience, levels, whatever, so just use whatever you have to to kill stuff and your golden! Depending on your luck, you can get a character up to level 40ish in about half hour to an hour. Again, because your character is the ONLY ONE OUT THERE, if he dies it's not permanent even if it usually would be. My record was getting Rachel up to lvl 43 in 45 minutes. One problem is that the sprouts on the plains have an instant kill against a single player so watch out for that. Also, come to think of it, you also keep your items\magic you used when you continue, so certain characters could benefit from an elemental bead.