Faster leveling!?

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Wicht

Faster leveling!?

Post by Wicht »

Okay, my question is how to level up fast, not including story battles. I can usually jump up four levels playing a chapter through but it isn't too difficult to get done with no one dying. However it'd be nicer to have a easier walk. Nabbing treasure and stuff without fear of someone dying. (Rene)

I've learned that fighting in the Obel ruins, I can get anyone from level 1, 6, 18 right up to my highest level'd guy in about a half hour or less(which at the moment is 21.) If I keep fighting guys my own level with my best fighters it takes too long to level up!

I only get 30 exp per hit and maybe 45 per kill. Too slow. I can speed it up a little if my guys attack each other, they always get 100 exp. But again thats taking a bit of time too. Can anyone give me some pointers on getting them up, quicker then that? I'd like to be more level'd with the story battles then being under-leveled.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

obel ruins is a bad leveling spot

try hunting monsters
Felicitycat

Hunting monsters...

Post by Felicitycat »

Question: In the locations where you hunt monsters, will the monsters' levels rise with mine, like in the Obel Ruins? I too am trying to level up my characters.
You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes?
Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?
Wicht

Doesn't matter...

Post by Wicht »

No, I've also hunted monsters and they are exactly my level like the Obel Ruins, I haven't noticed a difference at all. If all your main guys are level 21, like my top 8 story characters are.

I still only get lame EXP. I rarely see a monster that can grant me more to level them up. (Like 30-50EXP, slow levelling.)

However, I can level up anyone else and catch them up to my previous guys. You can safely attack your own guys for 100EXP per hit or 90 for a miss, anyone lower then what they are.

Example: Trishtan level 13 can get 100EXP per hit on a level 21 until he is level 21.

But a easy way to catch them up is to go to Level one of Obel ruins:

Kill off all monsters except a archer (anything that shoots and can't hit one space in front of them. Surround them with four strong guys, then switch them out for weaker guys. Like level 6, 8, 12. (Lets say the monster is level 18.) Every attack and miss will grant you, such as early levels 400-600 EXP or closer to their own level, 130-170ish. Making it easy to level people up. (P.S make sure the monster is on their affinity land, so they heal every round, or you can use Ema to heal the monster so it doesn't die; though low level characters never hit too much anyways.)

I still don't have a trick to levelling up other characters that are the highest level in your Caravan. Thats the kind of help I'm looking for.
Felicitycat

Post by Felicitycat »

That's great.

What about the other locations, like the ruins near Merseto. (I haven't reached the plains yet.)
You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes?
Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?
Onyx17

Post by Onyx17 »

I use the ruins to level up my characters - it's really helpful. I've levelled all my characters up to 17 - 21 there. It's much better than the Obel Ruins for me. I'm gonna try an get them up to lv 30 before the Laboratory battle, though.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

Well, with Rene, I usually just stuck her in the back most of the fight, letting her dig in her spot I chose for her to stay. That got her level's up pretty good.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

also try to get some cooperative combo attacks in as more than one character will receive exp at the same time.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

Even though it makes the characters unfriendly, you can start to hit your own people, then heal them, then hit them up again, you get exp by doing that.
Buff

Post by Buff »

that's just stupid. if you make them unfriendly they won't want to support you with an extra hit or save you.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

That is why you kill all the mosters on the screen first and leave the element thingy on it. Then beat up your people and get the exp, recover them and do the same thing.
Buff

Post by Buff »

but what the hell is the point of that if they are going to be unfriendly. like i said they will no support you and support attacks and protecting will help you in the game.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

They are only unfriendly through that battle, there are no monsters on the field other than the element ball thingy, so you attack your people and get exp.
Buff

Post by Buff »

so the unfriendly only lasts for that 1 battle then correct.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yes... but dosen't it decrease the characters good will? I believe it would make it very difficult for 1 character to intercept an enemies attack and unites would be harder...plus sometimes a character jumps in to attack with you, that wouldn't happen either

at least I think....