[Guide] Getting S Ranks

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Re: [Guide] Getting S Ranks

Post by Wolkendrache »

6) Nest of Pirates
I was very pessimistic, because my characters had the same level as the enemies. Kill the first wave of foes (without unite attack), but leave Dario at the start and have him lay an earth bead. Have Kika and Nalleo talk to each other and kill the wind elemental, then lure the mercenaries at them. At some point (I think if you attack Roget) reinforcements appear at the northeast, so prepare your unite attack for them (Seneca + Andarc + maybe Kyril). Let Rita head west to help out there. Killing the water elemental is a matter of luck, I was lucky when it floated to Dario in the east where he killed it with his gozz rune attack. But don’t count on that, kill it whenever and wherever you have the chance.
Afterwards you finally get some new characters in Obel, hone their weapons and give them battle lust and extra move.
Don’t explore the Obel Ruins yet, because you won’t get S-Ranks if you level too much. Maybe you could go there with only Andarc and Seneca (and maybe Kyril) to recharge your unite attacks, but don’t attack the enemy, just flee until the unite attack is recharge, then get killed. I didn’t need to do that, so I don’t even know if that works.

7a) Deserted Island (“Seeking Partners for Treasure Hunting” quest)
I tried 2 times and failed, and even got only Rank B. But, on the second time I was lucky to get 2 berserk belts and a frog skin. The berserk belts help a lot in the upcoming battles when trying to get S-Rank, so use this battle to get at least 1 belt (don’t use unite attacks). Since these belts lower accuracy, they are best used by characters with high accuracy, and in combination with Edgar’s Cape. I give it to Flare or Seneca because of their Sniper skill. I got the Deserted Island S-Rank item later. Give Mizuki 2 water beads and Akaghi 2 flame beads and each of them a medicine (but don’t give them important equipment), because they’ll leave and will rejoin in another fight, thus they’ll be prepared. By the way, don’t accept the “Give us a sign” quest yet, do it at some point after 8b).

8a) El Eal
Since the items (chest and dig spots) are useful, I didn’t attempt to get S-Rank in this battle, so don’t waste your unite attacks here. Try to not gain too many levels with Kyril, Andarc and Seneca.

9a) Ruins of Collanbal
Nothing special here. Try to dig up the magical cape in the southeast. I used a unite attack on 2 of the bosses, which killed them and I got S-Rank. Don’t hunt monsters yet. Side note: In the second battle against Martin, I didn’t even attempt to get S-Rank (because I already got the item), I dug up the treasure and opened the chest, killed all enemies, had to heal Eugene 2 times, didn’t use unite attacks, and still got S Rank. This level seems to be very generous. In Merseto hone some weapons before going to the port.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

10) Port Merseto
In the north I used Hervey, Sigurd (he and Seneca had berserk belts), and Rene. Rene was a waste because I failed to slip through the enemy lines to get the gale orb in the northeast. I could as well have used Maxine to fire from the back. Have Hervey and Sigurd stand on their terrain and kill the enemies one by one. The southern group consisted of Kyril, Andarc and Seneca. Have Andarc kill the enemy on the crates, and Seneca kill those 2 in the back. Move Kyril to the bridge. For the rest of the battle use your terrain and wait for the reinforcements to arrive. Then kill at least 3 enemies with a unite attack. This way I got S-Rank although Kyril, Andarc and Seneca were at least level 10. Afterwards hone some more weapons for the next battle.

8b) An Old Acquaintance
Now we’re going for the S-Rank prize. I had Kyril, Andarc and Maxine kill the enemies on the upper level. I attacked the fishman beside the chest with a Thunder Runner and obtained the chest item this way. I had Kika, Seneca and Flare (the snipers with berserk belts each) move east to kill the fishmen. When Mizuki and Akaghi appeared, they killed the blue soldier at once, then the fishman. I killed both Roget and one of his reinforcements with my berserk belted snipers. The last foe was killed by a ninja unite attack. After the battle you get many new recruits.

7b) Deserted Island (Recruiting Lazlo)
Move to Obel and talk to Lino in the gossip section, then head to the Deserted Island. On the first battle after 8b) you get the switch command, just in time, because in this battle you need to be quick and lucky. I used Kyril, Kika, Flare and Andarc, so give them the best equipment available. Give Flare the berserk belt and Edgar’s Cape and another belt to Kika if you have one more. Start out with Mizuki and Akaghi instead of Flare and Andarc, because they are faster, and switch after 2 turns. If you kill the first crab, reinforcements appear to the north and west of you, so be prepared. I got S-Rank on the second or third try.

9b) Ruins of Collanbal (Battle against Martin)
I already obtained the S-Rank item, see 9a). Use this battle to get the chest and dig items and level up some characters.

Note: There is a huge level difference between the last and the next story battle. This means, it’s a good time to visit the Obel Ruins or to hunt monsters. Also finish some more quests. I would say level your characters to 15, but not more than 16. Concerning future battles: use a walkthrough to check the enemy levels of the next story battle. If there is a gap between yours and theirs, level up (Obel Ruins, quests, or monster hunting), but keep your levels lower than the enemies’ of the next story battle.

Another note: You won’t have enough money and skill points to use all characters, so decide early who you’re gonna boost. I have first tier characters for S-Ranks (Lazlo, Kika, Seneca + Andarc, Flare + Corselia, etc.), and second tier characters to prevent first tiers from over-leveling (Millay + Jeremy + Trishtan, America, Wendel, etc.).

Yet another note: Since we don’t have enough money to buy good equipment for many characters, don’t be lazy to micromanage, so always put the best stuff on the characters you use in the next battle.

I will continue soon, but I need some time…
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

@ First El-Eal battle: Ah,t oo bad you didn' try to go for everything! I got all treasures AND S Rank and it's still a miracle to me.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

You could try, but I wouldn't stress it for several reasons:
- It's the hardest of the 3 opportunities to get S-Rank
- The chest and dig items are useful in this first El Eal battle, less useful in the later battles
- The S-Rank item is useless, so it's not necessary to get it early
- At this point in the game you probably need to recharge your unite attacks
Moreover, I just recruited Keneth and Katarina, and I got an S-Rank without even trying hard (no unite attacks etc.). It's easier to get it later, so I wouldn't waste too much time in the first battle. If you really want to try to get everything on the first try, I'd recommend the following:
Use Eugene and Rene; Rene must be tough enough to not getting killed with one blow. Thus, the enemy will attack Eugene. And thus, you can have Rene slip through the enemy lines to get the second dig item. Kill many foes with unite attacks and if you didn't get too much damage, you should be awarded with S-Rank. Antimatzist, I think that's the way you did it.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

11) Caleron Laboratory
I used Kika, Lazlo, Seneca and Andarc, and unleashed their unite attacks for total annihilation. I moved Kyril, Seneca and Andarc north, and Kika and Lazlo left over the bridge; and Corselia just out of danger. When the enemy reinforcements north of the starting position were gone, I switched Seneca with Rene and dug up the item (not really necessary); I also moved Andarc north to get the chest. That was an easy S-Rank item.
In the second battle I used Sigurd (eagle rune), Flare, Mizuki and Akaghi. Sigurd alone killed everyone on the right platform (5 or 6 foes). The others went for Roget. At the end, I could trap one of the fishmen near Roget (so only those two were alive), and used the other party members to change the terrain away from wind element. I let Mizuki go for the chest, then return to Roget’s platform; then I switched her for Rene and got the dig item before finishing of Roget. I got another S-Rank again without attempting to.

12) Terana Plains
Here I used Wendel (lion rune + berserk belt), Eugene (best equipment available), Maxine, Rene, as well as Jeremy, Trishtan and Millay (unite attack loaded). I could kill 3 of the mercenaries by the Obel soldier unite attack, and I think that was the key to S-Rank. Moreover I got both dig items.

After that battle there are many quests to do (don’t do X&Co quests) and characters to recruit. Use your second tiers mostly, but try to bring your first tier characters to exactly level 20 (for an extra skill, but better lower than higher). Read up to including 13) before doing something.
- First, recruit the Nay Kobolds in Merseto.
- Next, do the quest “Blue Savage Sprout Flower Wanted” which opens up the Xasta grasslands. I didn’t attempt S-Rank yet, instead I tried to steal some savage sprout flowers and roots, as well as an ostrich egg (from female birds) and ostrich feather (from any bird I think).
- Next, do the “My Dear Friend” quest and steal some furball pelts there (Terana). If you have less than 10 pelts and you still miss some ostrich stuff, go to the Terana plains again.
- Next, do all quests you can do (except those related to Obel).
- Next, I went to the Obel ruins. Before the first Terana battle I went to level 3 or 4, so this time I went there to release the water from level 5. Always dig for items in the ruins, some of them are good, and others you need for quests. Also try to steal from elementals (lighting ones twice) and Golems (if you can).
- Finally recruit Mitsuba and Reinhold.
Now, hopefully your quest rank is A and you didn’t do X&Co quests, this is important. Before going to Haruna, visit Chiepoo and buy 3 platinum mails and 3 platinum gauntlets, as well as 2 gold chainmails, and anything else you need and can afford. Also, unequip Karl and give his stuff to Akaghi.

13) Xasta Grasslands
I went there a second time (monster hunting) to 1. get S-Rank, 2. to bring my first tier characters to level 20, 3. maybe recharge some unite attacks (so abuse Lazlo’s 2.lv. spell), and 4. steal a behemoth tail (reload if there are no behemoths). In my set, my party was in the west, birds in the east and 2 behemoths northeast. Rene dug up some stuff, but I forgot what it was. IIRC, I did that between Obel and recruiting Mitsuba, so take care of Kyril’s level.

Note: All the characters you use should have battle lust at rank B or A by now, except mages who should have their element magic at least rank B and concentration at C or B. If available, everyone should have extra move and godspeed skills. The rest is up to you, but don’t waste too many points, leave the remaining skills at C for now, just to be safe.
Last edited by Wolkendrache on Fri May 01, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

14) Hope in Haruna
Don’t underestimate this level. Due to my new powerful equipment I was very confident and used Rene. She dug up only one of the two items, the others killed fast and didn’t get much damage, but I only ranked A, so I replaced Rene with Flare, tried again with the same battle strategy and succeeded. My party consisted of Kyril, Seneca, Andarc, Kika, Lazlo, Mizuki, Akaghi and Flare. On the first turn, I killed 2 soldiers with Akaghis 2.lv. lion rune spell, another one with Kika and Mizuki, 1 or 2 more on the platform left with Lazlo, and the spearman by Simeon with Andarcs 3.lv. spell. Then I moved the ninjas and Flare left to kill the rest of the bunch there. Kika, Lazlo, Kyril and Seneca killed the foes in the middle, inclusive of reinforcements. Andarc used spells from atop to attack the foes threatening Simeon. The reinforcements on the top left were taken out by Lazlo’s magic, the ninjas and Flare. One of Lazlo’s spells opened the chest.

After the battle I got my weapons honed, and bought some godspeed anklets and magical capes, and a gale rune for Rene. Then I went to the Obel Ruins on earth day to get the rest of its quest items. In the mother earth chamber I used Lazlo, Kika, Nalleo, Dario, Flare, Corselia, Akaghi and Mizuki. After taking out the spider beetles and elemental spirits, I switched Mizuki for Noah to steal some earth force mirrors. After a mistake on my part, Lazlo had to retreat, but thanks to Corselias magic powers I could beat the level. Remember to disable counter attack (in case there are no elementals) and let one enemy alive, so Rene can go digging. I gave one earth force mirror to Rene.

********* important, depending on how strict you follow my strategies *********

My first tier characters (expected):
Kyril, Seneca + Andarc, Lazlo + Kika, Flare + Corselia, Akaghi + Mizuki + Kate, Sigurd, Frederica, Ornela
Lazlo and Kika are most important. The others, except Kyril of course, can be replaced by characters below.

My second tier characters (expected):
Trishtan + Millay + Jeremy, Maxine, Eugene, Nalleo + Dario, Ameria, Wendel, Nalkul, Champo, Paula, Jewel, Mercenary Leader, Roget, Simeon, and maybe Busk.

Finish some quests, then move on…

15) Small Border Village
My party: Kyril, Seneca, Andarc, Akaghi, Mizuki, Kika and Lazlo. On the first turn I killed the lower left cannon with Seneca (2.lv. hawk rune) and Kyril (1.lv. swallow rune). I cast a thunder runner on the middle cannon, which didn’t kill it, but left it on its weakness terrain, so that its attack did only 1-20 damage. Lazlo killed 2 of the bunch to the right. The ninjas, Kika and Lazlo killed everything up to the center of the map, the others needed some time to catch up. When your reinforcements appear, just leave them on their terrain and do nothing with them. When the mounted enemy reinforcements approach you, it’s a good time to use the unite attack of Kika and Lazlo. Once all enemies except 3 cannons and some archers are taken out, move Kyril and Akaghi to the left cannon to change its terrain (from wind to fire) and kill the archer. Do the same with Kika and Lazlo at the cannon to the right (from earth to wind), and Mizuki at the cannon in the middle (from fire to water). After the archers are taken out and the cannons weakened by their opposite terrain, you can do devastating damage and kill them. The items in this level are not worth risking S-Rank: Chiepo has better stuff; if you love to use the mother earth rune, just take the chest at the top right (I already had one from the m. e. chamber).
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

After the previous battle I went to the Obel Ruins again, this time on water day. I got a Master’s Garb (best armor for Akaghi), a Mermaid Robe (good def, turns element to water, very useful in the next battle), and some water force mirrors (one for Noah, another one used in Graska Palace battle).
After that I went there another 2 times to beat and recruit the mercenaries. On both occasions you’re brought to the elemental chamber automatically. In the flowing chamber I basically beat them with just Eugene and Wendel (and Corselia for terrain and healing backup).
Lastly I recruited Kate in Haruna. Just be careful to not overlevel those characters you’ll use next.

16) Mido Shallows
This was a complete mystery to me. Look at my results:
- damage taken: around 100 in total.
- damage inflicted: one-hit-killed almost all enemies.
- terrain: almost always on my terrain.
- Exp: at least 8000, Andarc alone got 3000 when he killed 5 guys with a Heavenly Thunder.
- turns: some of my party members had 4 actions, some only 3. Since you have to wait for reinforcements to arrive, I think it can’t get any faster.
I can only think of 2 reasons:
- Lazlo’s 2.lv. spell and Andarc’s Heavenly Thunder 1-hit-killed many enemies, but the damage seems to be calculated separated for every kill, meaning the average is counted as around 300 instead of 1000+ (the overall damage that these spells inflicted).
- Heavenly Thunder nearly killed Martin, and if he dies, you lose the battle. In case the damage he takes is counted as damage you take, then in total I received slightly over 300 damage.
Before reloading, I continued a bit to check if it’s hard to get S-Rank in the other battles. In the duel against Martin I made a mistake even got Rank B. Then I went monster hunting there. I received much more damage (Jeremy almost died), I didn’t inflict huge damage because I used “normal” characters, I got less experience points, and was mostly standing on my terrain, but not more often than in the previous battle. On the other hand I beat the map in only 2 turns. Overall a much worse performance, and yet Rank S. I decided not to reload, because: why struggle when you get S-Rank nearly for free when hunting monsters? Superb characters + superb battle = Rank A, ok characters + ok battle = Rank S. That’s really confusing…

17a) Graska Gates
Make sure you get the S-Rank item on this first battle. Before going to Graska, I prepared my party: Kyril, Corselia (flowing rune + magic boost rune), Mizuki and Akaghi (both strength enhancing stuff), Kika, Lazlo, Flare and Sigurd. Kika starts in the upper left, Akaghi below her, Lazlo upper right, Mizuki below him. Make sure Mizuki is faster than Akaghi, so on the first turn she can kill the fish closest to Akaghi, who then can kill 2 more fish using the lion rune. When all 5 fishmen are dead, switch the ninja for Flare (owl-mount her) and Sigurd (kangacorn-mount him), and head for the others.
Kika and Lazlo should run to support the others by the gate right away, I didn’t lay terrain on their way there. When Lino arrives, just let him stand on his element and wait for the rest of the battle.
As for Kyril, go to assist the NPCs. The mage behind the gates will come close to the gate and prepare their terrain, so have Corselia both lay her own and destroy those of the mages in one turn using the flowing rune. On the next turn the mages begin to cast powerful spells against Corselia, but her ice breath spell is faster and will kill them. Then have Kyril destroy the gates (they are immune to magic damage).
And now for the key to victory and Rank S: move Corselia forward, so that on the next turn she can move right next to the barriers and cast silent lake. Try to hit all mages and blue fishmen. This will totally cripple the enemy. Now you can slaughter them with ice breaths and your other characters as soon as they arrive, but have Kyril move towards Roget to talk to him (before killing the last enemy). I S-ranked on this first try. The dig items are not really useful, so I didn’t use Rene.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

18) Graska Palace
This is probably the hardest battle for the S-Rank prize. I can’t tell if it’s harder than the battle against Martin in Mido, but there are at least 2 differences: 1. in the palace you only have this one chance to get the item; 2. it is one of the best S-Rank items of the game, whereas the one from Mido is crap, so go get it.
Before entering the palace, make sure you have at least 2 berserk belts. Then prepare your party: Kyril (ogre breath, godspeed anklet, strength sash, merchant’s cap), Lazlo (magic boost rune, magical cape, tome, woven grass medal, 1 or 2 cyclone beads), Kika (cyclone sword rune, strength sash), Mizuki (berserk belt, strength sash), Kate (lightning sword rune, power gloves, berserk belt, strength sash, godspeed anklet, 1 or 2 thunder beads), Yu (gale rune, godspeed anklet, water force mirror or many water beads). Make sure that Kate is faster than Lazlo, and hone all weapons to at least level 7. Formation: Kyril, Kika, Mizuki in the front; Lazlo, Yu, Kate in the back.
On your first turn move Kate forward and kill the mage with her 1.lv. spell. Then move Lazlo forward and kill the yellow and red soldier with his 2.lv. spell. Then move Mizuki beside the blue soldier on the right and kill him with her 2.lv. spell. Move Kika forward and lay 2.lv. wind terrain so that Lazlo stands on the southern end of it. Move Kyril forward to kill the blue soldier left with his 1.lv. spell. Have Yu follow the others and use his water force mirror (for exp), but keep him in save distance from the enemy. Later he was worth more than gold when the eye fish turned Lazlo to sleep, because he immediately healed him.
Since the enemies’ stats and actions are slightly random for every try, it doesn’t make sense to go further step by step. But the key is the following:
- Use Kate to put enemies on their weak terrain, immediately followed by Lazlo and his 2.lv. spell for massive damage and kills (that’s why she should be faster than Lazlo). Take care not to kill too many enemies at once with Lazlo (maximum 2), because that actually seems to lower the average damage.
- Always use Mizuki’s and Kika’s strongest attacks. If Kika has no target, lay terrain in front for both Kika and Lazlo to advance, or simply to change it away from the enemies’ water element.
- Try to put the eye monster on lightning terrain, then kill it with Kyril’s or Kika’s 3.lv. spell, or another 2.lv. spell from Lazlo.
- Move Lazlo and Kika to the left flank, and Kate and Mizuki to the right. Kyril is not needed anymore, so have him either go for the chest or support the right flank.
- before killing the rune cannons lay wind terrain for Lazlo, and have Kate lay lightning terrain to both weaken the rune cannon and strengthen herself. Finish them with Lazlo’s and Kate’s 2.lv. spell.
I don’t know if it was an S-Rank factor, but I succeeded in killing all fishmen just before killing the rune cannons, so I left no enemy alive. I think the most important factors in this battle are gaining tons of experience and dealing sky-high average damage. So you need exp-gainers and your best damage dealers. My party was at level 28-29, Lazlo at 30, Yu at 10. If you have even higher levels, you need take out a fighter and use one more character like Yu to gain more experience.

Side note on the Imperial Ring: It increases all stats by 5. Since there are very few items that increase speed (and speed is important!), I usually equip it to slow characters like Eugene, Dario, and sadly… Kyril.

Side note on the second battle at Graska Gates 17b): You should already have the S-Rank item, so use some second tier characters and go for the chests and the dig item. The stuff you find here is extremely useful!

After that I visited the Obel Ruins 3 more times (Rage, Thunder, Cyclone) and got the legendary hammer and some good equipment (pirate king vest etc.). The 5 free honings at Adrienne I used for Kyril, Kika, Seneca, Mizuki and Akaghi, I left the others at level 7. I also finished every quest except the ones from X&Co (that’s why I visited every elemental chamber at least once to get dragon meat as well as fins and scales). Then I went to Mido to farm some more berserk belts, there’s a fast way to do this: when your party is split in two at the beginning, use Nalkul and Champo with lion runes on the left side (or any fast and strong characters) and immediately kill the 2 savage frogs there. If they don’t drop a belt, restart the battle. I stopped at a total of 5 belts.

Finally I made all preparations for the new game+:
- remove runes from characters you won’t use in the upcoming battles
- spend all skill points
- go shopping if necessary, otherwise save money for NG+
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

19) Secret Patriarchal Facility
Be sure to S-Rank in the first battle. My party: Kyril, Lazlo, Kika, Seneca, Andarc, Mizuki, Akaghi, Ornela, Frederica (owl-mounted), and Flare (owl-mounted, will be switched with Rene). All were level 33; if they were higher, I’d use a low-level character to lay terrain (see Graska Palace battle). Since I got S-Rank on the first try, I won’t go into much detail. Make sure that Kika is faster than Lazlo, so she can prepare his terrain. Have Frederica open the treasure chest on the right and Flare the one on the left. On the second turn move Flare on the platform below the rune cannon and switch her with Rene, the first dig item can be found there. On the next turns move Rene along the left flank and back to the center at the next section of the map, the second dig item is at the beginning of the third section (it’s a hero shield, not very useful, don’t worry if you don’t get it). As for your fighters, only the enemy mages can be dangerous, so take them out quickly. Note that Iskas cannot be killed by any form of rune magic, and neither by unite attacks for some reason. Try to surround him, lay his weak terrain and kill him preferably with someone without berserk belt (I used Seneca). As I said, I got S-Rank on the first try, although I wasn’t very lucky with terrain changes.
In the second battle you can focus on stealing a goddess robe from Iskas and digging a hand of god at the farthest end of the map (hard to see). That’s it!

Brief summary

This was my first try to get all S-Rank items in the first run, and it was easier than I thought. In general there are 3 keys to S-Rank:
1. Precautions:
- Don’t level too much, especially your first tier characters. There are tricks in case you’re overleveled, but it’s easier if your party is 1 or 2 levels lower than the enemies of that stage, so better mind your levels.
- Don’t waste all your unite attacks, especially in the first battles. They need a long time to reload, so have that in mind. In the first battles one unite attack should be enough to reach the damage requirement. In the last battles they become less effective and thus less important anyway.
- Likewise, don’t waste your money and skill points.
2. Preparations:
- Do quests for money, skill points and some useful equipment.
- There are some good points of time when you should visit the Obel ruins. Some of the best equipment can be found there.
- Hone weapons!
- All fighters should have an elemental sword rune and their weapon rune attached. Attach magic boost runes to the mages (including Lazlo) you use in the next battle. Rene is best set up with an earth force mirror + gale rune. Noah should have a water force mirror + prosperity rune (or gale rune).
- Equipment can be managed right before the battle, but I usually unequip characters immediately after a battle. In any case, don’t leave good equipment on characters you won’t use.
- With the help of a walkthrough, decide who you’re gonna use next. You’ll also be prepared for reinforcements.
3. Battle strategy:
- Maximize (average!) damage given, minimize damage taken, maximize experience gained, stand on your terrain often, and don’t waste time / be quick. I think these are the requirements, but keep in mind that different maps vary in requirement strictness.
- See above strategies from various posters of this thread for specific battles.

Note: For now I ignored S-Ranks in the Obel Ruins (although I got 3 or 4 without trying to). These prizes are both useless and available at any time. If you want to get them, try to do it with as many second tier characters as possible to prevent overleveling.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Wolkendrache wrote: 4) Underground Path
Just be quick, learn the Dying Wish attack along the way to the stone obstacles
They don't want to learn it in my game
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

gildedtalon wrote:
Wolkendrache wrote: 4) Underground Path
Just be quick, learn the Dying Wish attack along the way to the stone obstacles
They don't want to learn it in my game
In my game, Andarc and Seneca learn their Unite in the battle with the pirates, and learning Dying Wish is one of the first things I can do in the Middleport mission.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I only got Cohort, Andarc and Seneca
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

In Which battle? You should be able to get it in the fight against Sigurd already.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Middleport underground path, bats and frogs
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the characters have to do enough Talks with each other to get the unites, which does require spending turns in battle--so if you are too efficient in finishing battles, you may not learn unites as fast as someone else.