mage/magic properties (what the heck.. maxine)

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

my apologies, I mustve forgotten
Iku

Post by Iku »

wow their like the telly tubbies (dont ask if you dont know what they are.......... their creepy) :shock:
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well i do believe colors are related to elements, even for non-mages, but i'm trying to say this isn't some absolute rule each character was designed with. white and black mages are probably showing opposites. i believe making Jeane a 'black mage' means she is the type of mage specialized in offensive magic, while Simeon being a 'white mage' excels in defensive magic..
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Ah, that's a very good point. I never thought of that.

Besides mages what other characters are colour coded to their element?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Kyril is the typical red, for starters..... Selma is green, Axel is yellowish/brownish, Mizuki is blue, Akaghi is red... -_-... Walter is brownish/yellowish

some characters probably have specific designs the character designers particularly wanted, so they dont' have to match their elements at all.. Kika and the Hero are likely special designs, etc

i've always thought Flare should be fire (hence the name), plus she's in red.. strange how she's water affinity even in S4 i believe.
Magus Eternal

Post by Magus Eternal »

Actually Flare is more Wind Element in Suikoden IV. Also I was surprised at some characters elements. For example I figured Kika would be Lightning (Her element of choice in Suikoden IV) and all of the other pirates are Fire (Hervey), Water (Sigurd), Earth (Dario), and Wind (Nalleo). So Kika being Lightning would have equaled the pirates elements. Also Lazlo's element in Suikoden IV was Water. But I'm guessing the reason Kika and Lazlo both have Wind is because their unite attack is Wind Based. However some characters element does indeed match their best element in Suikoden IV (The Razril Knights for example).
Silent-Lake

Post by Silent-Lake »

About the colour clothing. Think of this, light colours could mean they're best suited for support and small offensive magic and dark colours could mean they are meant for more stronger, offensive magic (like a white mage and a black mage).
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

meh, the only thing that matters is MAG and MDEF (with Wizard Rune). the higher your MAG, the more devastating your spells are. the natural affinity of a mage prevents them from being able to use their opposing element Magic Skill so they will be pretty ineffective with it.

so i give everyone Cyclone and Lightning, Fire or Flowing. the only exception for me is Pablo because he's horrible and his puny magic stats aren't good enough for offensive magic.. and has no Extra Move, making him even more useless. he should stick with support spells..