want to be challenged? - Champion Rune

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

want to be challenged? - Champion Rune

Post by KFCrispy »

put a champion rune on your highest level character but make sure your highest level is about 45 or below.. and step into Obel.

i have since removed the champion rune... most of my characters weren't able to survive in Obel 5 so i had to change my carefree mass-magic strategy to high defense, take all the hits from the Golem fists, take out the small enemies then finally get the mages in to take out the golems (but all you really need is their elements, of course).
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I tried that earlier on, but I didn't really notice a change. I did it when I was around level 36, but then again most enemies don't get a chance to attack me since I lure them with Mizuki while I already have Andarc chanting a spell since you can change where you want the spell to land after chanting it and take enemies in Obel out like that.... especially those archers and flying lizards.
I hope everything is going delicious.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i think i had the Champion on Hero4 who was like lvl 41, and i was using characters between 20 and 37 to level them up but against the Golems, Eugene with maximum defense was close to death from the Golem fist and right after, he couldn't avoid the Skeleton Fists that hit for criticals every time -_-.. i switched to characters with high PDF regardless of level afterwards to soak dmg.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Use someone like Trishtan to soak up damage from the golems. Even asleep and on a wind tile, Trishtan doesn't take more than 150 damage from a golem arm and at level 50 he has over 500 HP.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah.. but my original plan with the high power mages was just to have Eugene take the hits cuz of Firefly otherwise i'd have to have the mages sit back longer which takes up more time.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Ah, if that's what you want, someone to distract the enemy then Mizuki would work better than Eugene for your cause. This trick works for most enemies, golems and elemental dragons excluded. I usually just have Mizuki go out there and expose her back to all of the enemies. The enemies will overlook the rest of your party and go for Mizuki mainly because she has the lowest amount of defense. Even being attacked from the back there should be no chance in hell that they can hit her, but if you want to be extra careful use the Phantasmal Coat and a Counter rune.