Bonus Rank Items

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Dragall

Bonus Rank Items

Post by Dragall »

Has anyone managed to obtain bonus rank items that aren't the standard S-Rank prizes or the medals? In my playthrough of the game, I've come across 4 of them.

Middleport Coast: Killer Ring
The Night Sea: Strength Sash
Razril Back Alley (Rita's Quest): Star Earrings
Imperial City of Graska (1st Battle): Silver Dragon Armor

According to KFCrispy, the items from Middleport Coast and the Night Sea are prizes for keeping your ally pirates alive. So perhaps the Graska item is a prize of keeping the Obel Soldiers alive? As for the Star Earrings, I still have no idea what I did to get them and haven't been able to get them again since. Can anyone else add to the list?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

star earrings? wow, i believe there is only one other place you can find that--Collanbal Ruins vs Martin or vs the bandits.

silver dragon armor is very rare too...

yeah i can't say for certain that you must keep the pirates alive for those battle, but it seems to work out. i mean.. what other conditions can there possibly be? but for Razril maybe it's overkilling Rita or coming up just short and making a comeback - the only thing you can really do in that battle is get her to say her 'i am gonna win' quotes or 'boy, i'm getting whupped'.. or you can kill the Lightning Elementals if you level up high enough and have the right equipment (Ogre Mail/Breath... or just wait til the end of the game when you have the 3rd Swallow attack -_-)

Graska.... well i'll try keeping those guys alive once i get to that point
Dragall

Post by Dragall »

Yeah, I've replayed the pirate battles a couple of times now and I'm pretty certain you're right. The Killer Ring and Strength Sash are only given if all the ally pirates survive. As for the Star Earrings, I've been replaying the battle with Rita, but with no success. I remember I got them in my previous game when I ended up with a C rank, but that doesn't seem to be the criteria for the prize.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i just got Mega Medicine x3 when saving Noah and the nekobolds. this was the first time i had bothered to open every box (good EXP too.. Champion Rune makes these mission quests harder)
Dragall

Post by Dragall »

I finally managed to get the Star Earrings again from Rita's game. Basically what I did was let her beat me for the first 4 turns and then used a rage force bead to pull ahead on my last turn. That appears to be the criteria for getting the item. I would appreciate it if someone else can confirm this for me. I'll try and see what needs to be done to get the mega medicines from Nekobold quest once I get that far.
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

Perhaps its just the "rage bead on final round" that gets the star earrings, I played that game awesomely the second time through ( after failing first up ) and took the lead after the second turn... mainly because my fire orbs actually did something useful! ( SHOCK! @_@ ) I had her where I wanted her after 4 rounds and laid my rage bead to take a massive victory - getting the Star Earrings and an S ranking.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

maybe it's having a massive victory? the rage bead puts down 3x a regular flame bead, remember..
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I got the star earings from rita's game too, and I remember using the rage bead but not on the final turn and I didnt get S rank
Dragall

Post by Dragall »

Both times that I got the Star Earrings, I ended up with a C rank. So I'm pretty sure a massive victory isn't it. Unfortunately getting a C rank doesn't get you the item either. As for the rage force beads, I've used them before without getting the earrings. So I guess it's back to the drawing board...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ok my Obel Soldiers survived and i got the Silver Dragon Armor in Graska
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

What about the other two A.I.-controlled combatants in that battle, Ornela and Busk?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

oh good question. but i've never had them die, but i don't know who survived in my first game and if i got the prize or not (currently after beating this on my first new game+, i have 2 Silver Dragon Armors) i am not able to test again because i forgot to save when i had entered that battle (thought i could go into town and upgrade things first..).

question: where do you get a Silver Dragon Armor outside of this battle prize?
Dragall

Post by Dragall »

I got a second Silver Dragon Armor from the Thunder Chamber in the Obel Ruins.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

*smacks his forehead* ah, thanks! i got it from there too O_o
Juan

Re: Bonus Rank Items

Post by Juan »

In Rita's Challenge does the day affinity effects getting the star earring or you need to put the bead on a certain location?