using cheat device now and...

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

using cheat device now and...

Post by KFCrispy »

using Code Breaker, i added Walter, Brandeau, Edgar, Peck, Jolly/Rowdy/Drunken Pirate, and 2 Obel Soldiers to my party! there are also young versions available (Snowe, Hero4, Kyril and unnamed versions of Corselia as 'girl' and a 'boy', there should be more (young Andarc and Seneca may be available but it wasn't listed; they might just temporarily use their young portaits so eh))

Walter is extremely limited, only 3 skills that you see when you get to first use him

Jolly/Rowdy/Drunken Pirate and 'Obel Soldier' have no skills. well, O.Soldier has 2 fixed skills and nothing else, comes as level 29. (the Pirates are lvl 1)

Brandeau, Peck and Edgar have pretty much every single standard skill available (but not as much as 'Obel Soldier 2'..), even Cross Counter.

cmgsccc.com dubs the other Obel Soldier as 'Obel Soldier 2' - this guy is pretty much the same as the other but he has EVERY POSSIBLE SKILL available, including ones that were not put into the final game (and have no description so they probably don't work at all): Skill Rune Mastery, all magic including Shield Magic (i did think they were missing Shield magic since they try to have duality with Sword/Shield), and Magic Rune Mastery. he even has Narcissism, Steal, Treasure Hunt and True Godspeed, Heal, First-Aid, Backup. Narcissim and Godspeed work, but steal and treasure hunt don't seem to do anything, haven't tested the rest (but doubt they work since it would have to replace the attack command)

OH, and i've been using Obel Soldier 2 in the ruins of Obel because of his godspeed ability and being lvl 29 while the others are btwn 5 and 16... but i've made this mistake 3 times already--confirming a magic attack with Obel Soldier 2 as one of the highlighted allies will crash the game. while it's pretty easy to avoid, you gotta be careful with those 'hit all targets on __ tiles" which is where i messed up the 3rd time around (first time didn't know, second time tested to confirm...)

there is a Chaos Rune that can be hacked into the game, i'll check it out soon, as well as seeing if the Mischief Rune actually lets a character steal...

hmm there is also a regular 'Cape' listed just before Fur Cape.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

How do they fit in the party menu?
108 Stars X

Post by 108 Stars X »

How do they fit in the party menu?
It's interesting because I have added some of the characters too. Peck, Brandeau and Edgar actually pop up when you are buying stuff in shops.

To answer your question though, I think the Party menu can just scroll down infinitely and make room for more characters.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

#$&#)%*&$)% i froze up again in the thunder chamber, i was stupidly going to highlight Obel Soldier 2 to see if he has an idle quote as i searched the ground for digspots :[
108 Stars X

Post by 108 Stars X »

ohh yeah. I noticed the game glitches if you put in too many characters. That's why I only have Brandeau and Edgar in my file now.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah the NPCs are giving me alot of trouble. i was working on leveling up the Obel Soldier 2 to lvl 30 (fractionally, since he was way ahead of the team) but realize the game will probably freeze upon level up cuz he won't have those animations or anything. so i think i'll remove him--just causes too much trouble. oh yeah i had actually seen him get hit enough to bend over and that froze the game too.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

What does Obel Solider II look like? does he look like the obel soldiers in the game? I'm guessing not because then he would have animations. Could you post a screen print of him? I'm quite curious.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

he's the standard soldier that comes with Lino in Graska...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the 'chaos rune' listed by cmgsccc is a mistake, it's just the Charm Rune.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

KFCrispy wrote:he's the standard soldier that comes with Lino in Graska...
Then why wouldn't he have crouching and other animations?
Jowy Atreides

Re: using cheat device now and...

Post by Jowy Atreides »

KFCrispy wrote:Brandeau, Peck and Edgar have pretty much every single standard skill available (but not as much as 'Obel Soldier 2'..), even Cross Counter.
Does 'Cross Counter' actually work for Edgar, Brandeau and Peck?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Oppenheimer wrote:
KFCrispy wrote:he's the standard soldier that comes with Lino in Graska...
Then why wouldn't he have crouching and other animations?
he doesn't have text like normal characters would have; the game probably is looking for text for him when he is low HP like "help me!" or just have the health symbol over his head... so it freezes.

i haven't given Peck any skills a missile user wouldn't have other than Smash. Cross Counter definitely works for Edgar and Brandeau. to speed through Obel, i put Brandeau on a Kangacorn, ram through an enemy and let him cross counter everybody.

oh at level 50, Brandeau is the most impressive of the 3 shipmates. he has pretty good skill, high speed, high evade. Edgar is slower, has extremely high skill but not so special evade, so he is hit more often. Peck is also pretty good, good speed, skill, evade. i think Brandeau has pretty good STR too. oh, and he is the only one of the three that can ride anything (he can use both Kangacorn and Owl)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

wow, you can switch in Walter, Brandeau, Edgar, and Peck. they even have text--
Walter: I'm ready.
Brandeau: Here I come!
Edgar: Oh yeah!
Peck: Okay! (may or may not be exclaimation)
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

That's a little odd...so in some way they were programmed to be switched.. I can't imagine a normal way you could let them say those words.
Magus Eternal

Post by Magus Eternal »

In previous Suikoden Games characters you normally couldn't change in the party change screen had a quote. Jowy from Suikoden II and Lulu from Suikoden III both come to mind. If you activated them and then either removed them from the party or added them they would say something even though you can't do that normally.