Battle strategies~formerly:Help! *spoliers*

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
zionprophecy

Battle strategies~formerly:Help! *spoliers*

Post by zionprophecy »

Ok im not that far in, but im finding ir VERY difficult to get passed the area when you first eneter the Kooluk empire and your on your wayh to the labratory for the first fight but you get stuck and surroounded by those soliders and the large guy i think hes names Martin. Has anyone here have some goooood strategies? or setups for tit, i'e played it over 6 times this battle but i keep getting my guys killed off. And i cant even touch martin. :cry: lol i've tried leveling up at the Ruins of Obel but I someitmes lose a good character liek Sigurd, i lost him saved by accident though.............any idears? :?:
I never said a word to my wife until i said yes to a divorce.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

this battle is the first time at Collanbal Ruins, i believe

magic and unites help. if you leveled up decently in Obel, you should be able to blast enemies with some magic. tiles are handy. i had Eugene attract the attention for that battle and surrounded him with Water (i think Martin is Fire). while they're busy with Eugene (of course, give him the best defensive gear and counter-attack skills.. if you find he's getting wrecked, give Andarc Water magic and heal away), get your unites set up! it sucks that you lost Hervey/Sigurd becuase their unite would have been helpful. the Ninjas and main characters have unites you should definitely utilize.

Extra Move helps greatly, especially to allow magicians to get to a place faster (move in, use a quick charge spell and cast/cancel... then extra move lets you move in further). and Eugene can use it to hit Martin from behind and get back to safety. i *think* you have a Kangacorn already, no? stick him on it with the Kangacorn Rune. if you can head back to the quest guild you can actually get an Armored Kangacorn from a quest... then you can put another character on one.

Counter-Attack is also an almost-necessary skill. gaining EXP while getting attacked can save a character from death if they level up in between multiple assaults, etc.

Dodge is definitely a good skill to invest in. barely get hit.

Battle Lust--need to hit hard

Bull's Eye--need to connect the hit!
heartreborn

Post by heartreborn »

Just keep fighting afar from Martin so that he won't move till you've got enough lv. - exp
then have 2-3 of your mages cast BlazingWalls (Martin'll cast a firefield on himself at the beginning)
Even destiny makes room for a person who's strong-willed
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Since this is a battle strategies thread... I'll ask about the battle at Haruna where you first meet Simeon. I can't seem to get a damn S. Always an A. :(
heartreborn

Post by heartreborn »

This battle 's a tough one.
I've retried 3-4 times on my first play to got S.

First , make use of DyingWishCombo (Kyril + Andarc + Zeneca)
This attack almost kill all enemies within its range and I prefer you try use it to a band of Klk.Soldier appear on the center of the map (They're usually 2-3 lv. higher so you chars will get 1200+Exp)
*If you have loaded S4 108 stars save Lazlo&Kika combo's useful here too.

Second , the guy keeping you from S Rank could be the thunder mage appear on upper-left corner , His 2nd spell can wipe out your low lv. char easily but our advantage's he usually cast lightning field on himself so keep Andarc's Heavenly Thunder for him.
*if you really can't take him on with the Heavenly thunder , try the earth 3rd spell which give you 1 hit magic barrier.

And the last , before finishing the stage have all your chars at their full hp
and standing on their elemental field ( I'm not so sure but I believe these 2 steps help me get S Rank somehow)
Even destiny makes room for a person who's strong-willed
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Hmm... great idea about Andarc and Heavenly Thunder. I'll try that. I usually wipe out the Wind type group in the center by using Blazing Wall, but I think what hurts me is that Millay gets hit by it (she sets up the Bead). XD
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the enemies at the end spam Rage Beads all over their terrain from the start, and when archers appear, one will put down Wind with its nearby Wind cannon, (as well as 1 thunder-elemental archer putting down his own terrain, but he'll be alone). if you have 1-2 low level mages, pump up their skills and use magic boosting equipment (Wizard Rune if you can fit it), give them a Fire and Cyclone, and use Blazing Wall in the beginning and Shining Wind later..