EXP rules?

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

EXP rules?

Post by KFCrispy »

i've had some very strange EXP outcomes when using spells.

when Maxine, Pablo, and Katarina were at the same level in Obel 5 (preparing for the Cyclone Chamber so this is a Wind Day), as i was scanning the map with Rene, i had them spam spells to gain EXP. Maxine was gaining like 205 every time she cast any spell, particularly Flame Force. ok. but Pablo and Katarina were gaining only 15 each with their lvl 1 forces. Katarina was using both fire and lightning but there was no difference. Pablo was using Earth. i thought this might be element-related, since Fire is strong vs Wind, but it's unlikely because i'm pretty sure both Maxine and Katarina had Fire (though i have a slew of elemental robes from Chiepoo for all occassions so i may be wrong)

ok. so i don't know what to make from that. but here's some EXP rules of interest.
Clay Guardian, the level 2 earth spell, seems to get slightly more EXP when it's cast on a bunch of higher level allies, but it's not as significant as single-target ally boost/heal spells such as Vengeful Child and Water's Kindness Drops (good trick when using Girl aka Corselia when you first get to use her.. totally beats using Water Force).

i'm not sure about offensive spells.. i've done Wind of Sleep on allies but wasn't paying attention. but at least heal and boosts work very nicely to an extent on higher level allies.
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

If you cast ANY spell or use ANY item on a higher level character, than you will get more experience. If you are just throwing down elemental forces, than it depends on the highest level monster that was there, or the average. So, the higher the level, the more experience, regardless. So go to an Elemental Chamber, kill everything but an elemental. Have everyone spam spell, just laying down elements. I got 15 characters to level 50 this way. pablo went from level 5 to 40, so, yea.
"Your father's dead....he passed in his sleep.
And I woke to the sounds of her crying."

-The Light & The Glass
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yes, but like i said, Maxine was throwing down Flame Force and getting over 200 EXP while her counterparts who were at the same level were getting like 15 for the same action.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Who was standing on any of the spaces the flame force hit besides Maxine? anyone in either case?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

just herself
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Perhaps it depends on the day? Maybe it was a Fire day. Just a thought.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i think it was. do you think element of the day affects elemental dmg or anything? exp....?
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

It has to factor into something, though I'm not sure. I've only started playing the game about four days ago.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

You know, I've kinda noticed the same thing for the combatants themselves. On a water day in the Obel Ruins, Akaghi and Kyril don't do so hot. However, on a fire day, they mop the floor. I think the element of the day plays a larger factor then we might've expected.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Okay, so what I said wasn't just a blind shot? Good.