Recruitment Guide

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: ...

Post by KFCrispy »

suikoden2010 wrote:Is it possible at all to get Tanya? I tried that one quest where she asked you to get something for her in the Ruins of Obel and I couldn't find what I was supposed to...So is it possible at all to recruit Tanya?...
Tanya is not a recruitable character in this game.

as for Suikoden 4 load to unlock Hero 4 and Snowe, you need to have a save with 108 stars. i think using a save from beating the game does not work because it's basically just the beginning of your new game+.
Iku

Post by Iku »

oh... thats why... oh well i guess ill just have to miss lazlo and snowe
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Fury

Re: ...

Post by Fury »

KFCrispy wrote:
suikoden2010 wrote:Is it possible at all to get Tanya? I tried that one quest where she asked you to get something for her in the Ruins of Obel and I couldn't find what I was supposed to...So is it possible at all to recruit Tanya?...
Tanya is not a recruitable character in this game.

as for Suikoden 4 load to unlock Hero 4 and Snowe, you need to have a save with 108 stars. i think using a save from beating the game does not work because it's basically just the beginning of your new game+.
KFC, just letting you know, I used my clear data with 108 stars and I had no problem getting Hero4 and Snowe.
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

yeah, the cleared date is ok to use. as long as you don't START a new game over it, it'll count.
Fury

Post by Fury »

mpieco wrote:yeah, the cleared date is ok to use. as long as you don't START a new game over it, it'll count.
Right. If you have your clear data as a separate file from any other game that is still in progress without all of the stars, then you're safe.
afteryou

Re: Recruitment Guide

Post by afteryou »

Uh oh. In the Karl quest he didn't die and none of the children died, but I didn't talk to him with Kyril. I figured he would try to join up with me after I won the battle. But I never heard from him again.

Is there any way to still recruit him? I doubt it, but I thought I'd ask...And I no longer have a save from before that battle.

Dang. This sucks.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it is 1-time only, sorry.
afteryou

Post by afteryou »

No! NO! *raises arms to the sky* NOOOOOO!!!!!

Only icanhascheezburger.com can cheer me up now...

Always the way it is with Suikoden. You either read faqs and find spoilers, but get all the characters, or don't read faqs and risk missing some of them.

Anyone know: will it affect my next time through Suikoden Tactics if I don't get all the characters the first time around? e.g. not be able to get Lalacle, etc.
Lupine

Post by Lupine »

Hey everybodies,

Not alot of activity here right now it looks like. I picked up Suikoden Tactics at Toys for 10 bucks and I have to say it has exceeded my expectations. Also this website seems like a cool place.

Anyway, I am playing the game for the second time (new game plus) and I have succesfully recruited Lalacle (the guild quest girl) as far as I can tell she is not mentioned elsewhere in this thread. She is like a monk who punches and kicks. She is pretty cool. I don't know if I did anything special to get her. This leads me to believe that the other named merchants might be recruitable also.

I got a Knight of Razril medal just before she joined and in my first game I lost Noah to permadeath in the final battle. (stole Thunder Orb from Iskas even though the hit window came up 0% chance, yes it was kinda worth it)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

haha that's true, we didn't mention her anywhere! she's pretty much auto-recruited in New Game+.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

57 Chiepoo N/A Lalacle joins automatically in New Game+.
I was like "OMG I could use Chiepoo at New Game+", but no, it was just an error. *sigh*
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

Um I uploaded data from my friends game and she wasnt even done yet. haven't even beat the game and it still worked.
But she did get all of those 108 suckers.
:P
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.