Recruitment Guide

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Recruitment Guide

Post by KFCrispy »

MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

by the way, the guide also says some characters join at this particular level. This is Wrong. So far, characters join based on at least Kyril's level.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Are you quite sure about that? I thought Snowe always joined at level 1.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Lazlo, Noah, Nalkul, Champo, Mitsuba, Keneth, Katarina, Charlemagne, Cedric, Rachel, and Kate match Kyril's level when they are recruited. Reinhold will match Mitsuba's when he is recruited. Reinbach will match Charlemagne's when he is recruited.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

alright Snowe is an exception. lol but the one's chris mentioned are level based.
Strategy is the key to victory!
ComeBackKid

Post by ComeBackKid »

The first time around trying to recruit Karl one of the children you have to protect was killed, and I played further into the game to see if the quest would be available again and it hasn't. I have a save right before I took that quest. The question is, does that specific quest become available again or do I have to revert to a saved game?
Can’t hold on to the thrill
So I hope you find your will to follow through
What we’ve invented, I am now ending
Hold on to who you love
We are tryin’ to blow like dust since we were young
The mornings over, the day is in full swing.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

ComeBackKid wrote:The first time around trying to recruit Karl one of the children you have to protect was killed, and I played further into the game to see if the quest would be available again and it hasn't. I have a save right before I took that quest. The question is, does that specific quest become available again or do I have to revert to a saved game?
No, you can't get Karl again if one of the kids was killed.
Purr.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

He wasn't asking about Karl.

The quest won't show up again.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Litti Fish

Post by Litti Fish »

this might sond daft but i on non story base characters died can you get them again?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Nope, if they die that's the end of them. But if you use the "restart" command after loosing *everyone* in that battle they'll be back and keep their experience. That's what I used to do. If someone died permanently I'd loose everyone else on purpose and restart but keep the experience.
Litti Fish

Post by Litti Fish »

thanks a lot good tip :D
Servonut

Post by Servonut »

Jowy Atreides wrote:He wasn't asking about recruiting Karl though. Anyway, Karl can still be recruited even if one (or all) of the kids die.

To answer your question, the quest won't show up again because you failed by letting one of the kids die.
Karl loves to just jump into the fray as soon as the battle starts. I've tried three times to reach him before he dies with no success. I'm able to keep the kids alive throughout the battle, but Karl keeps dying on me! Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep Karl from going all kamikaze on me?
Just repeat to yourself "it's just a show, I should really just relax".
"Tact is just not saying true stuff, I'll pass." - Cordelia Chase
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Cedric in your initial lineup (with a high level of True Godspeed so that he can catch up to Karl) then switch him out with a healer like Corselia once he gets close to Karl.
suikoden2010

Post by suikoden2010 »

Is it possible at all to get Tanya? I tried that one quest where she asked you to get something for her in the Ruins of Obel and I couldn't find what I was supposed to...So is it possible at all to recruit Tanya?...
Iku

Post by Iku »

hi im on the right chapter but lino wont appear in obel , i did load my s4 save onto it with all 108 but hes not there can someone help please the s4 save isnt there anymore (i deleted it after i loaded it onto tactics. thanx
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax