Simeon Side Quest

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
czartiffac

Simeon Side Quest

Post by czartiffac »

Near the end Simeon asked Kyril to get two items the Wizard Arm and another one which I forgot at the moment where/how to do I get this items? Help is much appreciated.
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

You will get the Alger doll through one of the quests on the quest guild. The Wizend Arm can be found in the Mother Earth Chamber of Obel Ruins. Once you have both, rest, and prepare for a fight against maybe...12-15 fishmen.
"Your father's dead....he passed in his sleep.
And I woke to the sounds of her crying."

-The Light & The Glass
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

I did what you told me and I got it thanks. It just bugs why do I need to go down all 5 levels of the Obel ruin for this quest when during the mercenary quest it automatic. :cry:
Riou Genkaku

Post by Riou Genkaku »

So, is there not any kind of reward for this? I just did it and as far as I know I didn't get anything from it. Maybe it has its own Rank S item? I only got a B or something.
"Oink like a pig."
"Oink! Oink!"
"Hahahaha! Die pig!"
*slash*
burmecianjig

Post by burmecianjig »

Eh, I'm thinking your reward is the extra exposition. The question that gets answered. Though, you also could look at it as another shot at the S-rank reward for that map, as there's..what, only two battles in the game that take place on that map, including that one. Wasn't a hard fight in my opinion but I don't believe I actually S ranked it, so I couldn't say if it has a different S-rank reward or what. I doubt it though.

Other than that - I wonder how Simeon suddenly knew specifically what materials he needed? Or that those would even do anything? Or maybe those are just..all-purpose magical experiment materials. "Boy, if I just had an Alger Doll and a Wizened Arm about now..."
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

and all his research... open a portal using those materials, let a bunch of fishmen enter and kill them.... learned a lot eh
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

KFCrispy wrote:and all his research... open a portal using those materials, let a bunch of fishmen enter and kill them.... learned a lot eh
Heh. I was rather disappointed with the end of that quest. Everything that was told to you, you already knew by that point in the game
I hope everything is going delicious.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

he 'confirms' it
Relisus

Post by Relisus »

Hey I am at the final battle in the game and I forgot to do the Simeon side quest. Can someone please tell me what exactly he tells you when you complete the quest? Since there are spoilers in the answer you can PM me.

Thanks for the help
Relisus
You ever wanna talk Suikoden feel free to IM anytime.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Just do it in NewGame+.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

The entire sidequest and its conclusion is a joke. When you put a special event on a sidequest like this, you are indicating to the players that this is a storyline or at least a major sidequest. And when this happens in NORMAL SLG or RPG, players get what they deserve after completing it. They either get juicy info on the storyline (EG: FFVII - Vincent - Underground Lab - Zack and Cloud story - etc - etc) or they get some super duper item or AT LEAST a hidden boss that drops some hidden items.

Over here, you get the same bunch of fishes you see throughout the game. And there's no hidden items. AND, there're no JUICY storylines. The stupid Simeon just add repeats what you should already figured out by then.
Oh, yeah...but at least you get 2 extra info....

[spoiler]1. Simeon dismisses that he's not a child wizard prodigy. He's in fact, very old, much to Corselia's sadness. Since Corselia was trying to hit up on Simeon.

2. Simeon confirms he is a crap mage. He hasn't learned anything or he's not smart enough, but he concludes that the fish monsters can't be reverted. But that's based on him. Upon being questioned of his powers, he gave an example of turning an omellete back into an egg which can't be done at all according to him again. [/spoiler][/spoiler]
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Lies.

Actually, the sidequest provides a conclusion to some parts of the story by explaining the mechanism behind the Evil Eyes that turn humans into fishmen, and whether the process can be reversed.

If you want hidden items, go to Obel Ruins. You probably have got your hands on some of them anyway while trying to complete this sidequest anyway.

If you want bonus bosses, play Final Fantasy.
Buff

Post by Buff »

true,if you want to find out more on the rune cannon eye/muzzle do the sidequest.since he tells more about that.that's pretty much the only good thing about it.