if you attack your own characters...

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

if you attack your own characters...

Post by KFCrispy »

i have trouble training Pablo because he's got his Earth Rune which doesn't hit enemies (well... i don't want his Guardian Earth to hit an enemy). I found you can actually hit your own allies. If he hits an ally that is like 2 or 3 levels above him, will he gain a ton of EXP as if he hit enemies 2-3 lvls above? of course, this question doesn't just apply to Pablo.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Pretty much. My Andarc accidentally hit my Karl, I was half asleep ;_;, with a lightning spell and he gained quite a bit of EXP. The only side effect is the person who gets hit can't participate in assist and unites until the broken heart goes away.
I hope everything is going delicious.
NichtWahr

Post by NichtWahr »

You'll also lose Good Will, if applicable. A better idea is to stock the low-level characters with their respective elemental beads (or mirrors, if you have any) -- it's cheap, easy experience... and it helps count toward your ranking. :)
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

NichtWahr wrote:You'll also lose Good Will, if applicable. A better idea is to stock the low-level characters with their respective elemental beads (or mirrors, if you have any) -- it's cheap, easy experience... and it helps count toward your ranking. :)
Yeah, that's the strategy I envoke too. I like going hunting, killing all the enemies and leaving the elemental balls till the end. Then you can switch some of your party members for the people you want to level and use elemental beads for lots of experience.
tactless

Re:

Post by tactless »

NichtWahr wrote:You'll also lose Good Will, if applicable. A better idea is to stock the low-level characters with their respective elemental beads (or mirrors, if you have any) -- it's cheap, easy experience... and it helps count toward your ranking. :)
how can RECEIVING damage from your allies help for good ranking? :/
"Whoa! I can´t wait to learn the art of dozzing off at my feet!" - Nalleo
Chaco

Re: if you attack your own characters...

Post by Chaco »

Wow I didn't know you could hit your own guys and gain EXP. I should try that....
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
thcrock
Global Admin

Re: Re:

Post by thcrock »

tactless wrote:
That's not what he was saying. What you do is constantly use the elemental beads and gain experience that way, instead of attacking enemies. It helps toward your ranking because the amount of time on a favorable elemental tile helps your ranking.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Just watch out and not spend way too much time attacking allies on the battlefield, or it'll be detrimental to your ranking instead.
streamofthesky

Post by streamofthesky »

Chaco wrote:Wow I didn't know you could hit your own guys and gain EXP. I should try that....
It was a standard levelling ploy for me in FF Tactics. With "good will" and rankings in this game, seems like a bad idea, though. Maybe if you only attack people who have no special relationship with the character?
tactless

Re: Re:

Post by tactless »

KoRnholio wrote:
tactless wrote:
That's not what he was saying. What you do is constantly use the elemental beads and gain experience that way, instead of attacking enemies. It helps toward your ranking because the amount of time on a favorable elemental tile helps your ranking.
oh...sorry,got it wrong ^_^;;
"Whoa! I can´t wait to learn the art of dozzing off at my feet!" - Nalleo
HarHar_0016

Post by HarHar_0016 »

Hmmmm... I hate hitting my allies... it breaks their heart...

Well... try cornering an elemental and attack it and to gain more experience... use the champion's orb... it will make the elementals stronger
and i think in every hit... 630+ exp. but it need a lot of patience...