Awww... Snowe isn't a powerhouse.

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Tyrantblade

Awww... Snowe isn't a powerhouse.

Post by Tyrantblade »

I just recuited Snowe yesterday after picking my jaw up from the floor at his good old friend Lazlo's strength. Lazlo himself rampaged through the furballs in the battle you recuit Snowe in.

So, hoping for the best, I kitted out Snowe with the best armour and some accessories, as well as sharpening his weapon up. I then went and trained him up in the Obel Ruins.

So far he's on level 12, just two levels behind my main force. Lazlo is on 15, but he's special.

While he's not bad by any means, he doesn't really shine so far. His weapon is mediocre in strength, and his stats are all about average. He falls close to Kyril in overall stats. While I'm going to keep him around for nostalgia reasons more than anything else, I was really hoping he'd complement Lazlo in power, rather than being merely useful.

Oh well, can't win them all I guess. Lazlo's going to have to stick with Trishtan as his fellow tank for the moment, with Snowe as a backup fighter.
Irish people play games too. We just do it while drinking stout and talking to our pet leprechauns, that's all.
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

He spent so much time sucking up to Snowe and everyone for being such a jerk...that he just forgot to train. It happens to the best of us I suppose.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

No one can compare to Lazlo, Karl aside, due to the fact that he's a good attacker and good magic user(even though he can only equip the RoP). My Lazlo can do about 340-390 damage to most enemies with his melee attack and that's when he's not even on his own tile.

Karl is incredibly strong due to his Cross Counter attack. If you've come across any red skelentons in Obel and they've used Cross counter on you, then you know just how powerful it is. At Rank S it seems to activate most of the time, unlike Kyrils skills which almost seem nonexistant albeit them being at the same level.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

Who has cross counter??? :?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Karl and Lalacle. It's a powerful technique. When you counter you add your opponents attack to your own. Basically it's a sure fire kill if it lands.
killey

Post by killey »

Off memory Snowe is more skillful in this game then he was in IV rather than just being pure power. And the only bad thing about Lazlo is his defence.

The good thing about this game is that anyone can be as powerful as you want almost.
HiroRao

Post by HiroRao »

Put Snowe on a Kanagcorn with the Kang. Rune. Kills most emeines in one hit. Then again so do many Kang riders, but sense I got Snowe he's been very useful as my best Kangacorn unit (With Milley, and Busk.)
Silvermouse

Post by Silvermouse »

I like Snowe. Like the above poster mentioned, put him on an armored Kangacorn. I usually ride around, finishing off monsters that survived a Lazlo/Kyril/Kika hit, occasionally dropping elements and then dismounting for a unite with Lazlo later on.

Keep in mind that when mounted you won't get the little green spots on the ground that designate unite locations, even if that unite is available for use.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Hmm, so does Snowe fit into the top 10 characters of Suikoden Tactics? Cuz, I just kinda got him and I'm still wondering if I should use him all the way to the end of the game. I wanna know if he's worth it. If so, how to fully utilized him? Kangacorn? Or what else?

(psst psst, can join the other locked topic with this one?)
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Snowe is worth leveling up. Give him a Flowing Sword Rune and a Kangacorn Rune and fill his third rune slot with what ever you want. The third level spell of the FSR, the second spell of the Tsunouma rune, combined with rush is quite useful.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I find water affinity characters useful in general because water magic healing spells not only heal them but put them on their affinity (the reverse is true of fire magic characters unfortunately).

(Threads cannot be joined, to my knowledge, only split)
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I haven't tried Snowe on a Kangacorn yet because Eugene's riding it. I'll go give it a try.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

just do the mission to get a second kangacorn or progress the story.

Also, Simply because Snowe has high skill does not mean that's the only thing he's good at, he also has high speed. Pair that with a gale rune and you'll have someone who get's 2 turns to most charcters 1 turn.
Sagiri

Re: Awww... Snowe isn't a powerhouse.

Post by Sagiri »

I dont use Snowe because 1) I hate him 2) he's a killable charector and I am afraid to use those. Just my luck, getting a tank and then having it leveled off and killed (Hello, Trishtan!)
Last edited by Sagiri on Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Blutiger Engel

Re: Awww... Snowe isn't a powerhouse.

Post by Blutiger Engel »

I found Snowe to be useful. However, since he's my favorite character I may be a bit biased, but I always try and fit my favorites into my party in every RPG, no matter how weak or strong they are. That said, Snowe probably isn't in the top 10 but he certainly isn't in the bottom. It takes a bit of patience to level him up first try (though in my second playthrough when I knew what I was doing it was much quicker), but it was well worth it, imo. Compared to the other Razril knights, he has the highest speed and HP. More than than Lazlo, even. I slapped a violence rune on his as his third rune and didn't have any problems with him dying (since at half health, he gets extra MDF and PDF, as well as berserk, so the golem that almost killed him in my case couldn't finish the job). The ONLY drawback I found was that his luck is so damn low that if his HP did drop to 0, he was more likely to die than withdrawal. But with the violence rune, his HP never dropped to 0 on me.