[Guide] Obel Ruins

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i've seen a large area effect like the crabs do, and a radial circles thing.
Legion

Post by Legion »

Uh, so, is it absolutely certain that the Ancient Dish appears at the beginning of level 5 on the Obel Ruins? This is certainly my first time there (the purple fluid is there), and I'm on my second retry (due to those bastard golems), and Rene sure doesn't see any Ancient Dish near the entrance. I'm about halfway through the stage, and all she's found are two spots for Prime Gold Ore.

I know that I accepted the 3rd part of the Obel Ruins quest from Lalacle before coming here, too. It's frustrating, because I don't want to finally kill all these scum and then permanently miss out on the prize.
Legion

Post by Legion »

Also, why does Sigurd NEVER withdraw. He's an amazingly versatile fighter with that Eagle rune, but he somehow manages to kick the bucket way too often. There should be a rune that automatically causes a character to simply withdraw rather than permanently die. It would be a simple feature but would relieve a lot of frustration.
Legion

Post by Legion »

Heh, nevermind about my question. It wasn't clear to me, but the Ancient Dish is at the end of the stage, going counter-clockwise. God is that a relief to finally save.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah there are (at least) 2 versions of the stage, one with the Dish by the start point and one with it all the way around the bend. i haven't corrected that, huh..
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i've updated 2 elemental chambers... i am pretty sure there's only 3 versions of each and the Merc fights adds 1 to Flame and 1 to Flowing
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Flowing Chamber

Post by KFCrispy »

i have visited the Flowing Chamber for about the sixth time in this playthrough, and i have only seen 2 versions.

there is no Holy Armor or Flowing Orb in these two sets i keep seeing...

has anyone actually gotten these items in Flowing Chamber? Holy Armor is supposedly on an island, Flowing Orb is supposed to be in a chest (i think i may have put that down as a mistake?)

so far these two sets have:
A
chests: Water Force Mirror, Master's Garb, Mermaid Robe
dig: nothing detected..

B
chests: Venus Armor, Element Robe
digs: Mermaid Bracelet (on an island), Diamond ("main land")
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I can confirm the Flowing Orb.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Porom
Banned User

Post by Porom »

Why are Corselia and Andarc incapable of walking down the stairs on Obel Ruins Level 5, while everyone else can?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Like most mages, their Jump stats is too low. Might want to learn the Jump-increasing skill or use the Owl-Switch method to get them wherever you want.
Porom
Banned User

Post by Porom »

Jump..

To walk down stairs..
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i think it was flawed programming. the stairs going down from the entrance as well as the stairs going up in the section immediately in front change by 2 levels while the set of stairs going down that very section on the other side change by only 1 level. also, if you look at the first graphical step, it's the same as the ground the step graphic is attached to, which isn't the case for all the rest of the stairs in this game.

--for the screwy stairs:
_
\
\
\_
6 6 4 2 0 0

--normal would be 6 5 4 3 2 1 0

what's worse is Simeon and Jeane don't even HAVE the jump skill so you can't get down from the start point with them.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Porom wrote:Jump..

To walk down stairs..
I know, it's an idiotic name for the stats.

Maybe the mages are too fragile that they'd break apart if they jump down too many stairs.
Exodus

Post by Exodus »

look at the bright side, at least the skeletons can't make their way up either.
Exodus

Post by Exodus »

alright, i just finished playing the 3rd flowing chamber battle.

chests: Goddess Robe, Flowing Orb
dig: Holy Armor (on the lower east island)

i'm not sure if there's another dig spot on the "main land". my guess is if there is, it'll be a not-so-good item anyways which seems to be the pattern.