[Guide] Obel Ruins

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: [FAQ] Obel Ruins

Post by KFCrispy »

i believe you'll keep it but i never checked. i might start a new game (not right now though!) to try to get the bonus items we learned about through the japanese guide and i'll remember to check this idea as well. see, Obel is different because you don't get Game Over or Continue (basically Retry battle but i think keep your EXP? don't remember..), you just go back to the surface as if you won. i don't think you lose anything.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

ah ok you're right, so it might work.
Juan

Post by Juan »

Anyone have a strategy to bypass the 3rd floor? Because in 1st and 2nd floor I managed to bypass it by using an owl but in the 3rd floor there is no mid air terrain.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

is this the big L-shaped room or the small H-shape room? if you are having problems fighting enemies, remember that your goal is just to reach the exit. i guess you have been doing that with the Owls, but another thing you can use is Cedric-- try not using him in the beginning but wait until someone gets close enough to the exit that you can switch to him and get there in 1 or 2 of his turns.
Juan

Post by Juan »

KFCrispy wrote:is this the big L-shaped room or the small H-shape room? if you are having problems fighting enemies, remember that your goal is just to reach the exit. i guess you have been doing that with the Owls, but another thing you can use is Cedric-- try not using him in the beginning but wait until someone gets close enough to the exit that you can switch to him and get there in 1 or 2 of his turns.
It's the L shape with rubble. And how you avoid the sleep status? Because of that pesky bats that have a Wind of Sleep my character was stop from moving and been easy target for enemies and waste a turn also. Can you cast Wind of Sleep to skeletons, flying bats and elemental spirits so that they will be immobilize? Can you get the Ancient Items also without getting the Quest Guild?

@KFCrispy
I tried to get the Ancient Item and let my character withdraw in battle the item don't come along with it.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

DOH! thanks for testing...

yes you can get the Ancient Items w/out quests, that way when you see the request you just accept and hand it in.
Sleep status is hard to prevent. the earth spell's Vengeful Earth nullifies the next spell used on that character. i don't remember if there is equipment that prevents sleep / protects status.
Juan

Post by Juan »

KFCrispy wrote:DOH! thanks for testing...

yes you can get the Ancient Items w/out quests, that way when you see the request you just accept and hand it in.
Sleep status is hard to prevent. the earth spell's Vengeful Earth nullifies the next spell used on that character. i don't remember if there is equipment that prevents sleep / protects status.
The only item I saw that prevent sleep is Iskas Bracelet. Is there any other item that prevents sleep in this game? And where is better place in Obel Ruins Level 5 to get Rank S, the first or the second time you went there? What also is better Cape of Darkness or Goblin Overcoat and if you get one of those item and play a New Game+ will you get the one you don't get from coming in Level 5 the first time?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I think there are two Rank S items for floor 5 iirc.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

second pass at Obel 5 is much easier because you won't be restricted to this slow line that is blockaded with the Golems.
after clearing it the first time you will be on the ground level and the golems be stuck at the top--with more freedom in character placement, you team up on the golems before they get a second turn or even a first turn.
Juan

Post by Juan »

Antimatzist wrote:I think there are two Rank S items for floor 5 iirc.
What is IIRC? And what is the second items in level 5 because I only get Ruins of Obel Level Medal on each level at Ruins of Obel.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

IIRC=if I recall correctly
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
primierra

Post by primierra »

Obel Ruins could be easily bypassed if we got Lalacle and Lazlo, but still the Cyclone chamber is really tough...

I ever got rank S in the third floor, the prize is "obel ruin level 3" what does it for??? kind of joke?

Anyway I have a tip to beat the golems easily, just give them weakness elemental force bead on their spot and let your fighters who have better elemental than those golems to beat them, well for example if the golem has weakness of fire elemental then give the golem flame elemental force bead and let kyril (who have fire elemental) to beat the golem.

sorry my bad english...
Audiences want more than logic.
Juan

Post by Juan »

Anyone have a tip on how to get Rank S on 1st, 2nd and 5th level?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

as usual, the S Rank requirements consider number of turns, average damage dealt, average damage taken, and EXP gain. there might be a section in my japanese guide that talks about the requirements but i'm really not sure--i'll scan a piece and ask Raww to take a look.
Juan

Post by Juan »

KFCrispy wrote:as usual, the S Rank requirements consider number of turns, average damage dealt, average damage taken, and EXP gain. there might be a section in my japanese guide that talks about the requirements but i'm really not sure--i'll scan a piece and ask Raww to take a look.
In Obel Ruins I'm guessing the number of turns really matter to get a Rank S because in the chamber even though I took long enough it's just the treasures and exp was lacking and if you fulfill the required exp and get the treasures you will get a Rank S not like in level 1-5. And in level 1 I just notice that when I use Lazlo and use the Rune Punishment on an enemy sometimes I got Rank A but most of the times it's Rank B. It's like you need a certain damage or exp to get in every turn and thanks also for helping.