Unfriendly possibly --goodwill?

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Stallion

Unfriendly possibly --goodwill?

Post by Stallion »

If you've played any other SRPGs you're probably aware that a good and safe way to level up low characters is having them stand there hitting one of your high level characters ( pref a mage with no evade/counter ). I used that extensively in FFTactics, however in Suikoden Tactics I'm a little hesitant because of the "unfriendly" status it causes.

Now I realise that unfriendly only means they wont unite in other Suikodens, but with the goodwill system in FF Tactics I'm wondering whether there's a chance that hitting each other ends up generating negative good will ( or evil will :p ).

My gut reaction is no it wont, but I just thought I'd throw the question out incase someone has noticed or thought about this also.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah i had a topic about this, but didn't get a sure response. probably too hard to figure out. it might be safe to have un-related characters hit each other (hmmmm will they get crazy experience if they KO a high level ally????)... but i *think* i've seen characters that never "Talk" to each other still protect one another. so hitting each other might destroy that miniscule relationship!

when i clear an area and send Rene hunting, i want to level up some characters... hitting strong allies would greatly speed up the process, and even killing the allies (if there is a large EXP bonus like killing regular enemies) has advantages because there will be less characters to scroll through until it's Rene's turn again -_-
on that note, i wish you could simply Withdraw characters instead of only Switch..
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

Being that the rune cannons at the end can inflict this status on you, and you can get rid of it with the right item...I doubt it breeds ill will to the person.
"Your father's dead....he passed in his sleep.
And I woke to the sounds of her crying."

-The Light & The Glass
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

In my experience when you hit an allie the ill will last only during that fight coz I use Hawk rune with Seneca and I usually use its strongest attack with is a MAP attack I keep hitting allies including Andarc which is Seneca's closes friend and after the fight I can use thier combine attacks. So I think the ill status last only per fight. Although I believe it affects the "talk" option but in time it will appear as long they fight together more often, it just takes longer than usual.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well the status actually only lasts for 3 turns. but you're right, it probably doesn't downgrade Good Will because it is impossible to re-enable the Talk...