[Guide] Stage Guide - S Rank criteria and Bonus Rewards

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Juan

Re: [Guide] S Rank and Bonus Prizes

Post by Juan »

KFCrispy wrote:Juan, I didn't understand what you did in Rita's Challenge. so you won by 1 tile or did you actually add more and get the item?
Thanks!!
In Rita Challenge, she is the last that will cast right? But if you are 1 more tile than her you will be the last one who will cast. That what happen to me so I just cast a fire terrain to a fire terrain but I adjust it so that I have 1 more fire terrain. That makes me have 2 more tile than her.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i don't know how you got your results but i played the game over and over and over and finally won by 1. i started to see that Rita generally places her beads in the same spots and often remains in her area just plopping down the beads over empty tiles. i left her alone and worked on getting 6 tiles more than her for my final move (definitely not easy since you can't necessarily change that exact amount of tiles!), and after just a few tries with this strategy she made my day.

i'm also reproducing the lines from the japanese guide into google translate to get pretty nice translations! i was able to confirm the bonus prize in Rene's quest and will work on the rest. many of the bonus prize objectives are to only kill the main objective, but i am doing a playthrough where i can test & confirm.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I have beat Iskas twice today,both in human and monster versions,very quickly (Iskas did 3-4 moves only, in the 2nd battle),and i had no casualties,but i achieved only B rank...why?

Note that i faced him head-to-head since i was overleveled this time (over level 45) and i beat him with a single blow without using any techniques...but still why i had only B-rank?

As i know enemies are infinite in those battles,so i guess it doesn't matter how many of them you kill to get a higher rank... :roll:
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

When you're overleveled it's clear why you don't get a S rank.
These are the most important facts to optain a S-Rank
-a lot of EXP
-high average damage and total damage dealt (so use techniques a lot!)
-few HP lost
-Doing it in as few turns as possible
-minimize damage dealt to you

Raww (or someone else) had posted a list with all conditions, taken from in-game-code or something.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: [Guide] Stage Guide - S Rank and Bonus Prizes

Post by KFCrispy »

ok i found my spreadsheet and remember why i stopped working on it.. I had a hell of a time trying to translate all the treasure names from the Japanese guide. i'll do my best to document the treasures as i play again.

You are welcome to add info too!

Google Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Very useful! Thanks! (The link to the final version should be added to the OP)

Some questions:
1. As for S rank requirements, doesn’t the guide mention numbers for Exp requirement?
2. “Turns” means ally turns, it excludes enemy turns, right? (I’m pretty sure, otherwise it would be a very hard requirement)
3. “Total Damage” refers to damage taken, so you must not get more damage than the number given, right?
4. “Damage Efficiency” refers to the average damage, right? But I guess it only takes actions into account that are supposed to deal damage. What about counter attacks?
5. “Positive Terrain” shows the total number of turns you must end on positive terrain, right?

The stage column is a little confusing. It doesn’t list those fights that are neither story nor quest nor monster hunt: Hero IV on Deserted Island, Charlemagne at Terana (or Xasta, I forgot), Mitsuba duel at Terana, Nay Kobolds at Port Merseto, and Kate at Haruna. I don’t know what “Razril Alley – Plants” is, maybe an X&Co. quest? But I remember the battle to recruit Snowe. Maybe a new category named CR for character recruitment?
Perhaps it’s a good idea to consistently name the quest stages after location and quest name. For example “Letter of Challenge” instead of “Mercenaries”, and btw, I can’t find the “Rage Dragon Egg” stage.
Finally, the Archmage’s Glasses in line 33 lack the equipment symbol.

I guess at the moment you’re very busy with playing and video editing, and making experiments in all different issues. If you want I can help you complement the list with data for the Obel and monster hunting stages. Just PM me the excel doc.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

this is the detailed info about S Ranking... i hope someone can translate!

some stages like the Charlemagne battle don't list S Rank requirements, so i would guess they're using the same requirements as the normal stage.

and yes, EXP definitely seems to influence the rank, but it doesn't seem to be mentioned in the book :/
right now i'm at Ruins of Collanbal for the 2nd visit, and i couldn't S Rank whatsoever until i tried using a really low-level character in the battle.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I don’t know what “Razril Alley – Plants” is, maybe an X&Co. quest?
It's a Chiepoo quest that's very easy to miss. You have to mess up a quest that involves carrying Seeds. When you miss that, you have to battle the plants in Razril.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

KFCrispy wrote:this is the detailed info about S Ranking... i hope someone can translate!
Don't expect a professional translation...

S rank items – special awards
[blabla… details below.]

Criteria explanation
Turn amount: number of actions made regardless of foe or friend (!!!)
Total damage: The total damage all allies (excluding NPCs) received
Damage rate: The average damage dealt to enemies from attacks (including runes)
Positive element count: The number of times your allies (excluding NPCs) end a turn on positive element
Total value of received experience: self-explaining

Numeric values to determine the rank
STEP1 Determining the rank for each criteria
• Turn amount & total damage
S: base value +0%
A: base value +30%
B: base value +80%
C: above
• Damage rate & positive element count & total experience value
S: base value -0%
A: base value -30%
B: base value -80%
C: below
- Each stage has different base values (?) [Look at the sheet that KFCrispy shared some posts ago]
- [I don’t understand the first sentence] A missed attack is counted as an attack that did 0 damage
- [Not sure but it seems…] The base value for experience is 500 per enemy.
STEP2 For each of the 5 criteria you’ll get a score depending on the rank you achieved in each criteria
S: 0 A: 10 B: 30 C: 60
STEP3 These scores are used to calculate an average score that will finally determine the stage rank
S: less than 5 A: less than 13 B: less than 31 C: 31 or more
[-> it means you can A rank in 2 criteria as long as you S rank the remaining 3, because you would get 10+10+0+0+0=10 -> 20/5=4 -> S rank! If you B rank in any criteria there's no chance of getting stage rank S!]
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

oh awesome! so the Total Damage column is actually how much you can take. The EXP requirement is 500 XP per enemy?? That's insane.... but I suppose that's one criteria best to A-rank.. so you need to accumulate at least 350 xp per enemy for the best chance in sustaining S Ranks throughout the game.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Well, it says more, but I couldn't understand it, so maybe I got it wrong. The term "contrast" is used, so maybe it's 500 per enemy more (than your party) on the screen. I'm not sure, sorry.
Antimatzist

Re: [Guide] Stage Guide - S Rank criteria and Bonus Rewards

Post by Antimatzist »

Turn amount: number of actions made regardless of foe or friend (!!!)
So each character turn is important? I thought we observed that this is not the case. So using few fast characters is better than using your full roster? I'm just discussing with someone on twitter on S ranking Obel Level 1. So if I understand it correctly:

Inflict a total of 100 damage
Use less than 50 turns (including the enemy)
Inflict 70 damage in average
Stay 15 turns on your own terrain

And how about EXP? Enemies respawn so how would it work with the 500 EXP per enemy rule?
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Antimatzist wrote:So each character turn is important? I thought we observed that this is not the case. So using few fast characters is better than using your full roster? I'm just discussing with someone on twitter on S ranking Obel Level 1. So if I understand it correctly:

Inflict a total of 100 damage
Use less than 50 turns (including the enemy)
Inflict 70 damage in average
Stay 15 turns on your own terrain
I agree, this would be too hard, hence the exclamation points.
I can think of 3 explanations:
- I translated incorrectly
- The guide is wrong about this
- The term “turn” is defined specifically, like only actions count as turn whereas waiting doesn’t. (Likewise, I think that only certain actions are taken into account when calculating damage efficiency)

The 100 refers to total damage received, so your party must not take more than 100 damage. If the requirement numbers are fixed, it means that this will get tougher the higher the levels. On the other hand the damage efficiency requirements would get easier with higher levels.
Antimatzist wrote:And how about EXP? Enemies respawn so how would it work with the 500 EXP per enemy rule?
Again, it says something about 500 Exp per foe, but I couldn’t translate the rest.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Ok thanks for the clarification.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Does it really affect your ranking if you switch characters often? I thought I'd score "S" Rank during the Battle of Graska when Heinz leaves your party but I was switching characters pretty often so I can be at an advantage. I finished this battle pretty quick I believe (I defeated the last 4 soldiers found in the gates in 2-3 turns) and I scored only "A". I believe I gained like more than 10000 Xper in total, but still got "A".

Also what's the purpose of items like "Figure Of Old Man" or "Chiepoo's Card"? I have both...