[Guide] Stage Guide - S Rank criteria and Bonus Rewards

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
hpred

Post by hpred »

I got a Silver Dragon Armor after I got a whole lot of Silver Metals. (B rank awards. I think I had around 30 at the time.) What other goodies do you get for getting a whole lot of Gold or Bronze metals? Anybody know the number of metals required to earn these awards?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

KFCrispy wrote:how many battles are there in Merceto? i've had a battle vs the merchant and one for recruiting Cedric, still no luck with S
It sure took a while, but I finally found the way to get S rank in the race against Cedric: When you attack him, make sure that he got the minimum possible HP left.

This is not the only battle not using the standard formula for S rank. Rita's mini-game has a completely different requirement as well.

EDIT:

To get a Platinum in Chiepoo's Quest (D rank: Give Us A Sign), you need to finish the Giant Crab in one turn.

It's not recommended if you are aiming for the S rank prize here though.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Re: S rank and bonus prizes

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

You can only get the S rank prizes Once.
You cannot get another one if you play New Game +.
Strategy is the key to victory!
alexjhon

Re: [Guide] S Rank and Bonus Prizes

Post by alexjhon »

damn.. i missed most of the items T___T' these GREAT rank S items.. argh ><
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

alexjhon wrote:damn.. i missed most of the items T___T' these GREAT rank S items.. argh ><
They carry over in a New Game+, so don't worry ;)
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Yes they carry over.
Maybe i should rephrase what I wrote more than a year ago.

You only get the one-time S rank rewards from the location.
If you didn't get it for a particular battle/location, you can get it again in New game+ if you can't go back to the location again.
But if you already got the S rank reward from the location, you get nothing if you get another S rank again in New Game+ or another battle at the same location.
Strategy is the key to victory!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i was looking at the Japanese official guide i got while i was in Japan... I think the Underground Passage bonus item is for finishing the stage in less than a certain number of turns. at some point i will be compiling information and scanning other things so others can translate it.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

just realized the number of times you fight in Graska Palace and Graska City are not listed. Is it 2 for the Palace, 1 for Graska City?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

it's also 2 for graska city
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

thanks!
Juan

Post by Juan »

I tried to kill 50+ enemies (52 to be exact) in the Graska Palace and it work got the bonus item Crimson Cape.
Juan

Post by Juan »

KFCrispy wrote: Graska Palace [2]:
Imperial Ring (STR/SKL/MAG/EVA/PDF/MDF/SPD/LUC+5)
Bonus: Crimson Cape (requirements are not clear, see http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 40&t=12614 - defeat over 50 enemies or specific enemies?)
How come there is 2 in the Graska Palace? I check the walkthrough by Cyril and it only mention one mission in Graska Palace. Because I want to get the Crimson Cape but I can't do it because I want to get Ranks S in my first playthrough.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

(no need to quote an ENTIRE post if you're just referring to 1 thing)
i guess it's only 1--i was trying to get confirmation just earlier because before we didn't have the number listed at all, thanks for testing though!
Juan

Post by Juan »

Ok. I test the Rita Challenge when you will beat her by 1 tile. In my playthrough in the last round when Rita cast her bead the numbers of tiles was 43 which is mine and her was 42 (elementals included) and after that I got a turn again so I do is add another fire terrain and I won and got Star Earring.

EDIT: Tested in Underground Passage it's less than 85 turns including the enemies turn. Best to do in New Game+ since you can 1 hit the enemies and reduce the turn count.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Juan, I didn't understand what you did in Rita's Challenge. so you won by 1 tile or did you actually add more and get the item?
Thanks!!