Runes / spells

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i've only seen Gale Rune add like 1 pt of SPD to a character. please tell me there's more! maybe it adds like 10-15%? (i tried on characters below 16 in SPD, and they gained 1 pt)
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

It's a percentage thing. I also noticed that some equipment, like Ogre Breath, is a percentage thing. I'm merely too lazy to figure out the right percentage. In the higher levels, however, it works really well. Sometimes my Lazlo, with Gale rune equipped, can get up to 3 turns compared to some other characters who only get 1 turn in the same amount of time. Although, Mizuki is nearly as fast without the rune equipped.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Kobold

Post by Kobold »

Question: Do all the command runes and elemental sword runes only have three levels? Or does the elemental sword runes have four? Has anyone gotten every single attack from the command runes yet? Most people seem to have only gotten up to level 2 for most of the command runes...
Long time lurker...
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

I've had Kika with 2 of her level 3 command...so I don't believe there is a 4th spell on command runes.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Level 4 is exceedingly rare.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
yeb

Post by yeb »

Lazlo can actually get a rank 4 ability, but that's because he needs it for Everlasting Mercy (he gains MP exactly like a mage). If you give him an elemental sword rune, there still won't be a rank 4 ability to select from.
-yeb
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

has anyone used the Champion Rune? i read it actually raises the levels of enemies. That can be very helpful in leveling everyone up equally and the experience boosts can help me get S ranks in battles...

Draining Rune - does it only restore life on criticals like previous games?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yes,the drainig rune is only for criticals

it says so in the rune description
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

KFCrispy wrote:has anyone used the Champion Rune? i read it actually raises the levels of enemies. That can be very helpful in leveling everyone up equally and the experience boosts can help me get S ranks in battles...

I"ve tried using the Champion Rune, but it doesn't seem to affect anything that I've noticed. Perhaps it raises the stats of the enemies because it doesn't raise enemy levels.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

KFCrispy wrote:has anyone used the Champion Rune? i read it actually raises the levels of enemies. That can be very helpful in leveling everyone up equally and the experience boosts can help me get S ranks in battles...

Use the champion rune early in a new game plus, and the monsters will bet at a higher level. Also get your hands on a fortune Rune. Whoever has it on gets extra experience, and you get a lot more skill points at the end of the battle. And the sword orbs, and every fighting orb, only goes to level 3. I have most of my people at level 50, so I'm positive.

Oh, and Tal sucks. Thanks to his incompetence, he can't even get a level 3 spell.
"Your father's dead....he passed in his sleep.
And I woke to the sounds of her crying."

-The Light & The Glass
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

oh here's something i didn't ask. how does Prosperity Rune apply? i have had a character with the Rune in the entire fight, doing the killing, another time in the entire fight no killing, and substituted out the Prospertiy character in another, and compared all this to having no Prosperity Rune, but i couldn't really tell if i got more money or not.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

just thought id let everyone know that I found a fortune rune in teraina plains

off topic: are treasure items random?
Riou Genkaku

Post by Riou Genkaku »

What's the deal with the Hunter's Rune? I put it on Sigurd, but nothing drops an item when he attacks it. Do you have to kill an enemy with that hit to make them drop an item? Are there any rare items you can get using it? Is a berserker belt an effective way to counter the lowered attack?

Also, about the Champion Rune, I do think it increases the levels of enemies. I just fought the battle in Simeon's side quest, and at least some of the enemies were actually above Kyril's level.
"Oink like a pig."
"Oink! Oink!"
"Hahahaha! Die pig!"
*slash*
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i don't think the Champion Rune applies to storyline battles though
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

son_michael wrote:just thought id let everyone know that I found a fortune rune in teraina plains

off topic: are treasure items random?
i found the Fortune Rune too. in that same battle, there were loads of treasure finds everywhere but all of them were like Furball Pelts and other enemy parts. seems fixed. it's been mentioned in other places that you can get a Fortune Rune there.