Runes / spells

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Shadow weave=cannot move, stuck in position on the map

It's in the instructions.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Oh, I didn't see that in there. Thanks!
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

I thought the same thing though, I didn't know what it was. And finding it in the instructions was weird, because the status is listed in the rune's description.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

is the Hawk Rune's level 3 attack Dance of the Hawk a 100% for Shadow Weave? i've taken off cuz i don't have a lot of atks to work with.

also, it seems like "Unbalance" does not cause one to lose a turn in this game! it probably affects your defenses so you can't dodge or something, and if you have Extra Move i doubt it would kick in. but yeah, no real noticeable drawbacks!
killey

Post by killey »

I'm not sure on this but I think unbalance either delays your turn, lowers your defence or makes it so you cannot evade, or all three.

As for Dance of the Hawk, I'm not sure because it's so hars to get into a position where you're not going to hit your allies, but it'll tell you the hit rate of the status right below the hit rate of the actual attack, something along the lines of add effect rate or something.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

When you're unbalanced you can't evade any attacks, even if you have Mizuki and Noah's mad dodging skillZ. It doesn't appear to delay your turn, however. You can cancel all of this out by equipping a balance rune.
I hope everything is going delicious.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ah, but i don't have level 3 spells yet >_< not even for magicians...
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

KFCrispy wrote:ah, but i don't have level 3 spells yet >_< not even for magicians...
It takes a while before you get them. THey're so slow that I rarely use them, however. The exception being is when I'm on a positive affinity rune tile, which seems to speed up the casting process significantly.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Jeane seems to cast lightning spells a hell of a lot faster than andarc. It might be affinity or magic stat coming into play, Jeane has over 100 magic.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

I don't know about that. I haven't equipped her with an alternate rune besides her Thunder Rune, but I know based on what I've seen thus far, she isn't as fast as Andarc or Simeon, although that may be because Simeon and Andarc are relatively high leveled and Jeane is only about level 21.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Jeane is the fastest spellcaster.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Perhaps it is due to her current level as I just tried her out and everyone on the field went before she charged a spell. I guess I'll get to leveling.
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

Anyone care to explain what the Violence Rune does? I just got it, and equipped it, but it doesn't tell me what it actually does. I got it in the Ruins of Obel, like 5th floor, so it has to be good....right?
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Um, I don't know for sure what it does, but try checking the stats of whomever you put it on. If one is in blue, then that it what the Violence Rune affects.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

The description for what this rune does is in the manual.

Violence Rune - Beserk state + increased PDF/MDF when HP falls to 1/2 level.