Runes / spells

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

found another rune, this time its the balloon rune

I found it in Xasta Grassland,it should be noted that this was the second fight for me on the xasta grasslands{the first was to get the blue flower} it should also be noted that I havent done the first haruna battle yet

im assuming this rune inflicts ballon status on your enemies,but I havent tried it out yet

also, I will post any runes I find on the battle field and not in a store,so if battle field stuff is random,tell me now, and I wont bother posting what area I got the rune in
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i'm pretty sure i got that rune in Xasta as well. it's definitely not random, there are a lot of posts on where ppl found things and they all match. the issue is there are 2-4 'sets' of enemies and items in almost every stage.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well thats good to know,maybe I will find a rare rune and report where I got it

if anything I can always come back and read this thread so I remember where I got all my runes from,since im sure you could get double the runes in new game+

just to let you know,there have been battles where I litterally went around the level a few times and found no items{and this was with renes treasure skill at A rank}
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah they are probably repeated battles that you cleaned already, and some might be just rearranged items such as Obel 5 the first time--you will find Ancient Dish and Cape of Darkness, but there are different configurations for it; after you clear it, the Ancient Ring should be in the same spot for any of the various setups. i also checked the ultra secret underground room (not the Secret Underground Passage - didn't explore thoroughly with Rene when i did that.. was going for S Rank!) since Simeon takes you there for his 'experiment' - nothing
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Gale Rune increases SPD by 20%
108 Stars X

Post by 108 Stars X »

I have a question. How do you get the best elemental runes? (i.e Rage, Flowing, Thunder, Mother Earth, Cyclone.)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

you can dig them up in some battles. i think in Merseto, vs the merchant, the Cyclone Rune is somewhere (read about it only), and in later places there are the other high-level runes. inside Graska Palace you can get a Rage Rune.

for unlimited supply, you need to keep going into the elemental chambers of Obel. the dragons have a chance of dropping them, and you might find 1 (seems to be only 1) of each in the many versions of the levels in chests or through digging.
yeb

Post by yeb »

The rune in the Port Merseto battle is actually a Gale rune. :(

Besides the dragons/elemental chambers, you should get 1 of most of the runes pre-equipped on certain characters, and a Mother Earth rune is in a chest at the Small Border Village. The Rage rune is the only one that's easy to miss.
-yeb
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

where do i find a Skunk Rune?
Dragall

Post by Dragall »

I think I dug it up with Rene in one of the Xasta Grassland maps.
Porom
Banned User

Post by Porom »

I just dug up the Hunter's Rune. As someone before asked, what does it do? All it says is 'Orb imbued with Hunter's ability'
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i should edit the main page. using the Hunter character, kill an enemy with a regular attack and the enemy will drop all its drop goods (which isn't always the same as the item you can steal - dragons, for example, have a unique steal item and a bunch of unique drop items)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Champion Orb applies to optional battles but not regular Hunting expeditions.... Obel Ruins, guild quests, recruitment battles (randomly enter an area and help/recruit character such as Snowe and Kate), and Simeon's subquest can be affected by the Champion Rune as long as someone in your member list is equipped with it.

does anyone know if the Sword Rune 3rd spell is affected by MAG? it doesn't seem to be a percentage of your attack, because a guarded hit will still deal full elemental damage.
yeb

Post by yeb »

I think the Champion rune can apply to monster hunt battles, but the monsters in those battles have level caps. If you're already at a high enough level for the monsters to hit their caps, then the rune probably just can't take effect.

The bonus damage from magic swords is directly tied to the MAG stat. In fact, if you try using an elemental sword that's not the character's +Affinity, the bonus damage will be approximately equal to their MAG stat. What's really funny is, if you are on your +Affinity element then the bonus damage will be increased, but if the enemy is on its -Affinity, the bonus damage will stay the same (the bonus damage ignores defense, so it doesn't matter if the enemy's defense is reduced).

Also, in case you never noticed, some elemental swords can cause status effects. Thunder can cause stun, and Wind can cause sleep. I think earth causes something too, probably unbalance.
-yeb
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Yeah, Earth causes unbalance. Water causes silence and I have no idea what Fire does.
I hope everything is going delicious.