about lazlo

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

Since this topic is about Lazlo, I must ask...

What do you think of those shorts? My god. Looks like an uncomfortable fit.

My grandfather has a pair like that actually. That just show's where it is on a level of coolness.
killey

Post by killey »

That's a pretty cool grandpa you've got there. Seriously though I never minded the shorts, I could even not care about the hair since it looked decent in his portrait. It was only the run that annoyed me about Lazlo, but since he doesn't run like that in Tactics (plus the fact that he's a god on the battlefield) I've now got no complaints about Lazlo.
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

I remember when my friend and I sat down to play Suikoden IV, I was all pumped. I told him all about the series, and how amazing it was. We watche din awe...and than we saw him run. We both got quiet, and he just looked at me. I couldn't help but laugh.
Jowy108

Post by Jowy108 »

When did we find out that Hero IV's name is Lazlo?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

We never did. He doesn't have a name.

But a novelization of Suikoden IV came along a month or two ago in Japan, and the author gave him the name Lazlo.
shinro-kun

Post by shinro-kun »

that would be Lazlo en Kuldes, correct?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It's supposed to be a name given by his foster family, the Vingerhuts.

They never revealed the real name of Flare's younger brother.
Kobold

Post by Kobold »

It has been said by Konami that young people who receive true runes still grow. True runes give agelessness. It stops someone from aging, but not from growing.

Lazlo, Tir, Luc all grew while holding their true rune.

Once they reach the 'adult' stage, they stop growing of course and remain like that...

Seriously if you think about it, it's really sad to have puberty halted just because you have a true rune... Your voice remains squeaky forever?

And yeah.. Lazlo is great... He has a personality, and he kicks ass...
Tyrantblade

Post by Tyrantblade »

I've heard that said all right, but I don't know about it letting the bearer reach adulthood.

Ted reclaimed his Soul Eater over 150 years before Suikoden 1, and he still looked quite young. From what I've heard, the Runes allow a person to grow, as apposed to age. While that seems quite cryptic, I'd say that applies.
Irish people play games too. We just do it while drinking stout and talking to our pet leprechauns, that's all.
Riou Genkaku

Post by Riou Genkaku »

patapi wrote:It's supposed to be a name given by his foster family, the Vingerhuts.

They never revealed the real name of Flare's younger brother.
Where did this info about a mysterious younger brother of Flare come from? If Lazlo is Flare's brother, that puts quite a disturbing light on me naming the Suikoden IV headquarters ship "Flare" and pretending that Lazlo and Flare were an item during the game.
"Oink like a pig."
"Oink! Oink!"
"Hahahaha! Die pig!"
*slash*
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Someone didn't pay attention while playing the game.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Riou Genkaku wrote:Where did this info about a mysterious younger brother of Flare come from?
Go visit Lino the night before the final battle in S4.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Kobold

Post by Kobold »

I suppose it's the rune's choice on how much growing you get to do... I mean, the true rune would probably not want a whiny kid as it's bearer...
syun_ukiya

Post by syun_ukiya »

btw who drew the character portraits in tactics? staffroll said its still junko
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the details of growth are pretty unclear, even with all these rules Konami gave earlier. for instance, Ted actually lost the Soul Eater for like 10 years (which he reclaims in Suikoden IV, or maybe it's a different time..) which would have allowed him to grow if he were stuck as a little boy into a teenager when he gets it back. i mean, if he were able to grow into full-grown teenager from the first few years when he had the Soul Eater and then lost the rune for like 10 years, he should look like 28 when he gets the Soul Eater back.