about lazlo

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
son_michael

Re: about lazlo

Post by son_michael »

Chaco wrote:
There's a good chance that sharing possible common origin would make Kyril's aging process rather comparable to Yuber. How much did Yuber physically age between his past appearance during the time travel sequence in S1, with his present self in S3? Not much, it seems.
This is a good point, in 100 years after S4 Kyril is likely still young physically, and Lazlo and he did get along well in S4. I don't see why Kyril would be afraid of the Rune of Punishment either.

as long as Lazlo remains the bearer the rune is harmless, unless he chooses otherwise.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

as long as Lazlo remains the bearer the rune is harmless, unless he chooses otherwise.
Not true, if he dies the rune will attach itself to the next person.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Chaco wrote:

hence why I said"as long as he remains the bearer"....
The fighting 108

Post by The fighting 108 »

patapi wrote:There's a good chance that sharing possible common origin would make Kyril's aging process rather comparable to Yuber. How much did Yuber physically age between his past appearance during the time travel sequence in S1, with his present self in S3? Not much, it seems.
But since Yuber has a true rune, isn't it kind of questionable there as well?
Chaco wrote:
How ever it is in the atonement phase now. If Lazlo dies, will it really go back to tormenting it's owner right off the bat or will it wait and see if the new owner will abuse it's power before switching back to punishment?
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

Leknaat tells him that if he ever loses the rune, the death cycle will restart. She's usually right, so I'll take her word for it.
The fighting 108

My memory is kind of fuzzy, but did she tell him before or after it begins it's atonement? I'd look for myself, but I kinda deleted everything but the clear data when making space on my memory card...
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

She tells him the night before the final battle. She says that it has moved into its atonement phase now, but that if the rune ever changes to a new host, the death cycle will start over again.
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

Possibly, but I'm talking in a future setting. Like 50+/100+ years from then; they could be traveling together.

Also, it was never said Lazlo took the helm, and seeing as how he's barely mentioned in history, I doubt he ever did.
Barely mentioned in history? Man, that would damn suck! It's like "I went through all that crap, and this is the recognition I get?"
I mean, the ROP is only slightly mentioned in S5 by Nelis, and that was in the comment box. Damn, I hope there's some Old Book talking about the Island Liberation War in that game. I wouldn't know, I'm only just starting to take that one seriously (New Game+...)
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
The fighting 108

Sagiri wrote: Barely mentioned in history? Man, that would damn suck! It's like "I went through all that crap, and this is the recognition I get?"
I mean, the ROP is only slightly mentioned in S5 by Nelis, and that was in the comment box. Damn, I hope there's some Old Book talking about the Island Liberation War in that game. I wouldn't know, I'm only just starting to take that one seriously (New Game+...)
I think that it was his intention to fade away from history completely, much like Ted and Tir. In that light, I don't think he minds that no one remembers his role in the Island Nations War.

Though personally, I got irked when I saw Chisato's puppet show in SV. C'mon! Flare beating Brandeux?! That's not how it happened!
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

But Chisato's puppet show only shows Flare driving the damn pirate off, not killing him. How would she know about that??

Off topic sorry :roll:
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.