Golems

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Rhin

Golems

Post by Rhin »

How the heck are you supposed to beat the Golem monsters in the 5th floor of Obel Ruins O_O
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The Golems can launch their two arms like missiles. Make them use up both arms first by making it attack someone with high HP and armor, such as Tristan.

After that, change the ground they are standing on into an element they are weak against. Once you do that, it'll be pretty easy to defeat them.
Rhin

Post by Rhin »

Ok thanks, I'll try it ><
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

the 5th level of obel ruins is insanely hard.... 1 arm from that damm golem and I lose 115 hp and my character is dead....
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

You might want to increae your character's DEF through items or runes.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well the problem was, I was being a moron and used kyrill the whole time, now thanks to angelis taleria, im not using kyrill anymore and once I get a little farther into the story, my characters should be at a high enough level to get the job done

sars, quick question for you, if kryll is on the blue area{before I start the battle} will he still influence the enemies? or does that only happen once I initiate the battle?
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Speaking of the Ruins, I have a few questions regarding the quest to the bottom.

My Kyril is at level 15 along with a few others. The rest remain at level 14 or so. Support characters are probably around level 9-12.

With this party, how hard of a time will I have in the Obel Ruins? I'm only at chapter 15, so I have only 2 mounts. And if I don't have a great chance of survival, is there any items that I should carry with my party to increase my chances?

I am also aware of that rare treasure I need to dig up my first time through the area in level 3, but is there any others I should look out for?
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
killey

Post by killey »

I've only heard of a missable item on level 5, some sort of dish. I haven't got there myself, I'm actually just about to go to the third level now to get some coin for a quest.

As for your level since enemies level up as you do, skills and armour are more important but you do seem a bit under leveled for where you are in the game. I'm a chapter behind you and Kyril's Lv20 and no fighting character is below Lv16.

On the first level of the Obel Ruins sometimes infinite groups of 2 skeleton archers and a blue skeleton swordsman appear. They always come in the same spot and they're always the same element so you just put down their opposite element where they appear and then surround them with your weaker characters and you should be able to kill them before they attack. Once you kill them they respawn - infinite experience. When I first did it to get everyone up to the same level the skeletons were (Lv15) I got 30000 potch and skill points. I've just done it again leveling up everyone to Lv16 and Hervey and Sigurd up from their starting levels because they withdrew the first time and I just got another 20000 potch and skill points. You'll know if you've got the infinite set of enemies because they're the only three skeletons that appear along with a couple of birds. For me they appeared on a Wind Day.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The only missable items in the ruins are those on the Level 5 before you complete the ruins for the first time, as a different Level 5 map will be unlocked afterwards. There are two versions of the map, so you'll miss some items anyway, but the Ancient Silverware is available on both. Use Rene for that. The other levels have unlimited access.

The enemies in the Ruins shouldn't be too difficult if the levels of your Kyril isn't too high. The hard part is its repetitiveness...
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

wait please clear this up for me....your saying if I die on the 5th level of the ruins..I wont be able to get some special items?? please tell me that I can still get those items...please!

I think I went to the 5th level of the ruins twice...dammit I want those items! are they gone forever?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

There are some items that simply must be acquired on your first visit to the fifth floor of the Obel Ruins. After that, they are gone forever, since the map changes.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

oh wow...im so upset... will those items come back in new game+?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Yeah, they will.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

killey wrote: On the first level of the Obel Ruins sometimes infinite groups of 2 skeleton archers and a blue skeleton swordsman appear. They always come in the same spot and they're always the same element so you just put down their opposite element where they appear and then surround them with your weaker characters and you should be able to kill them before they attack. Once you kill them they respawn - infinite experience. When I first did it to get everyone up to the same level the skeletons were (Lv15) I got 30000 potch and skill points. I've just done it again leveling up everyone to Lv16 and Hervey and Sigurd up from their starting levels because they withdrew the first time and I just got another 20000 potch and skill points. You'll know if you've got the infinite set of enemies because they're the only three skeletons that appear along with a couple of birds. For me they appeared on a Wind Day.
I did this with a turbo pad, and left it on for a whole day while I was at work. The characters had MAX exp in about 20 hours.
killey

Post by killey »

Yeah I'll probably end up getting a turbo control, they're dead useful and my old control keeps pressing right and square randomly. It is a Suikoden though, so it's not particularly hard to level up characters anyway.