The "Rest" Command (special Rest scenes, contains

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Silvermouse

Post by Silvermouse »

Spoiler (for those who don't want to know about characters). Here's two rest scenes I got tonight:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
1/22 Lightning. Hermitage Island. Kate, Mizuki, Akaghi.
4/27 Lightning. Terana Plain. Maxine, Ameria, Jeane.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

killey wrote:Obel - Wind Day - 5/11 - Andarc and Seneca

I have just gotten a scene with andarc and seneca in obel, but my day is 9/1, not 5/11, either you got your day wrong or this event can be done anytime

I just did the EL eal battle and kate and akaghi rejoined me, from there I went to obel and for the hell of it I picked rest, and I got the same scene you did, on a different day,unless this is a different andarc and seneca scene

anyway, its deffinetly 9/1 wind day that I got this scene on

[spoiler]

this rest scene is about seneca making a diary like andarc, did you get this same scene on your day? killey

[/spoiler]
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

son_michael wrote:

I just did the EL eal battle and kate and akaghi rejoined me, from there I went to obel and for the hell of it I picked rest, and I got the same scene you did, on a different day,unless this is a different andarc and seneca scene
Kate and Akaghi, or Mizuki and Akaghi??
killey

Post by killey »

Judging from where you're up to I'd say it's a different scene (I think he means Mizuki). Anyway I got a scene with Nalkul and Champo in Haruna - 1/27 - Earth Day but then I stopped playing without saving, this time I decided to got through the Obel Ruins, rested before doing so and got the same scene on a Fire Day - 2/15 in Obel.

As you can see there is no obvious similarities between the two. Nalkul however off memory is fire elemental and Champo is Earth. The only other thing is that for both times I was at the same point in the story. So here's my current theory:
  • As you progress through the story/recruit character more rest scenes are unlocked - This one kind of goes without saying but I thought I'd put it here anyway.
  • Time of the year does NOT matter.
  • The day's element is important in deciding what rest scene you'll get depending on what element your characters are - the only rest scene I've got that doesn't fit this is:
    Middleport - Wind Day - Rita, Rene and Corselia (Kooluk sounds really boring)
    As far as I know none of them are Wind element.
  • Location is important insofar as you won't get two rest scenes at the same location during one point of the story. ie. if you have just finished Story Event X but have not yet done Story Event Y and three rest scenes are available, you could not see all the scenes at one location - you would have to go to another place to get another scene. If you then complete Story Event Y you can however see new rest scenes at places you saw rest scenes before.
Remember this is just my theory at the moment - and a hell of a lot easier to disprove then prove.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Ezekiel wrote:
son_michael wrote:

Kate and Akaghi, or Mizuki and Akaghi??
I meant mizuki...dunno why I said kate

killey, thank you for continually posting all the rest scenes you find, I have extreme difficulty in finding them myself, but since were thinking these scenes are affected by the story, could you tell me at what point in the story you did your rest scenes?

thanks, I appreciate it
killey

Post by killey »

This is one of the first games I've had when people are still finding stuff out about it so I've kept a notepad handy to write stuff I find down, for rest scenes the only bit I haven't written down is the point of the story I'm up to. :( I'll start writing it down from now on but at the moment I'm only able to tell you the ones for after the Haruna battle, these should be definite and the one that is mentioned first you'll see before you can see the next one.:

Water - Noah
Water - Simeon, Kyril, Corselia and Yohn
Earth - Trishtan, Yu and Carrie
Earth - Reinbach and Charlemagne (this one's funny)

Another one is Any day except Water - Nalkul and Champo, judging from what they talk about you'll need to have made Chiepoo successful before you can get this scene and hence it is likely not dependent on how far in the story you are. If you rest on an Earth day you'll see this one before you see the Trishtan, Yu and Carrie one.

Now parts of my theory has been disproved - the days element is important to what scene you get, but it does not correspond to the character's element and if it does it is more coincidence than anything else. Other than that the theory is the same.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

thanks, when I get up to the haruna battle, ill remember to check this thread again

off topic: im dissapointed, I thought lazlo and snowe actually had a voice actor...im currently leveling them up
Silvermouse

Post by Silvermouse »

killey wrote: [*]The day's element is important in deciding what rest scene you'll get depending on what element your characters are - the only rest scene I've got that doesn't fit this is:
Middleport - Wind Day - Rita, Rene and Corselia (Kooluk sounds really boring)
As far as I know none of them are Wind element.
Well, you could change one to Wind with either Wing Mail or certain robes.
Silvermouse

Post by Silvermouse »

On a Wind day in Obel I got the four knights and Katarina in a scene. Someone should sticky this thread at the top and we can just keep adding them to see if we miss any.
Lani

Post by Lani »

im really confused about this.

i know about how the different day elements can trigger those scenes, but does it matter what number comes in front of what day it is?

ex: 7/16

so, if theres a scene i wanted to get, and i was past that date you guys have been saying that you got certain events on, does that mean i wouldnt be able to see it? >.<
ive been trying to see the one w/ hervey, sigurd, dario and nalleo, but it just wont come up.
killey

Post by killey »

The date shouldn't matter, just make sure that you're resting on a fire day and at a loacation where you haven't seen a rest scene in a while/at all. If the scene still doesn't trigger, advance the story and then try again.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

ok, I think ive figured out how rest scenes work, I just got a rest scene on a wind day at the ruins of collanbal{this is right before I go to the labarotory} the date was 10/21 wind day, so I rest and I see a scene with seneca and andarc, and the scene is them talking about seneca's diary. so I dont save and I load that same file, instead I go to merceto and then go back to the ruins of collanbal{4 days pass} its now a fire day, date is 10/25 and I get a completley different rest scene, this 1 has yohn,kyrill and seneca, and seneca talks with kyrill about what he said earlier about her being like a mother to him, NOW I did the exact same thing, loaded the same file and instead went to the ruins of collanbal on a Water day, and again I got a completley different scene, this scene has wendel,eugene and kyril and yohn, in this scene wendel is pissed that kyrill wasnt helping them fight the kooluk

okay so I have discovered that the date DOES NOT MATTER! because I actually walked the overworld map until I got back to 10/21 wind and then when I rested on there, NOTHING! no scene, nadda! so this leads me to believe that YOU CANNOT GET ALL THE REST SCENES! because I got a scene and then the next day nothing was there, but when I loaded and tried that scene on a different day, I got a completley different scene, and for that original scene which I skipped, I walked a whole year until I got back to that day and nothing!

so based on my discoveries, I say that rest scenes are activated at certain points in the story{in my case it was right before the laboratory} and that the dates have absolutley nothing to do with the scene, the scenes are different depending on your elemental day and once you see 1 scene, you wont be able to see the other scenes you couldve saw a day later or earlier, its like a week event, there are different events for each day of the week{storyline times} but then when you see 1 event your screwed and cant see the other events{probably until you play a new game or until you play new game+} the evidence is that I tried resting at the same place on the same day and element and nothing!

so there you go, I hope I helped some of you, I truly think ive solved the mystery of the rest scenes, the only way I could be proved wrong is if someone encounters 1 of the scenes that they saw by loading there game but then loading it again and doing a different scene and then later on seeing that first scene that they skipped on at a later plot point in the story{im sorry if that just confused you...its confusing me writing it} so eveyrone, when you see a rest scene, load and try that same place on a different elemental day, and im sure you will get a new scene

so there you go, I hope this all made sense to you guys, mods I think this topic should be stickied
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

The date never has mattered. I wasn't aware that people were under the impression. The date is irrelevent. It's the element of the day that determines the scene. Some of them are story arc dependent as well.
I hope everything is going delicious.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

You need to move to another location to view the next Rest scene. Resting at the same location over and over won't get you scenes for the following days.
killey

Post by killey »

That's almost exactly what I said in the posts above you son_michael, you basically read what I wrote and then turned it into 4 paragraphs, except that I think you should be able to get all the rest scenes. This is the complete requirements:
  • As you progress through the story/recruit character more rest scenes are unlocked - This one kind of goes without saying but I thought I'd put it here anyway.
  • Time of the year does NOT matter.
  • The day's element is important in deciding what rest scene you'll get - each rest scene can be seen on certain elemental days and only those days.
  • Location is important insofar as you won't get two rest scenes at the same location during one point of the story. ie. if you have just finished Story Event X but have not yet done Story Event Y and three rest scenes are available, you could not see all the scenes at one location - you would have to go to another place to get another scene. If you then complete Story Event Y you can however see new rest scenes at places you saw rest scenes before.
I'm planning to start the game from scratch either today or tomorrow so I'll write down each rest scene I get and post it here unless someone else does in the meantime. And Angelis_Taleria is correct that some are story arc important - recruit character X, rest and you'll see a scene straight away involving that character, Simeon is an example of this I think.