The "Rest" Command (special Rest scenes, contains

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
son_michael

The "Rest" Command (special Rest scenes, contains

Post by son_michael »

it seems this command isnt needed in the story, am I correct on this?

also if you rest at certain points, can you still advance the story?

how does"rest" affect character recruitment?

what are its positives and negatives?

how often should I rest?

sorry for all the questions but this command confuses me, im scared to rest, I dont wanna mess up anything, or any secrets/character recruitments
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

ZOMG, you shouldn't rest at all. I made the mistake of doing so and it totally killed my Kyril in his sleep!

No, not really. The game manual gave a brief description on it. All it does it make a day pass and gives you a chance of seeing some conversation between the people you've recruited.

For instance, rest after meeting with Lino En Kuldes and you'll see a scene between Seneca and Andarc.
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

thanks for that tip, nice to see you have a sense of humor angelis
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

son_michael wrote:thanks for that tip, nice to see you have a sense of humor angelis
It's slightly askewed, or twisted rather, but it is indeed there. Anyway, the only way you could've known about it is if you'd been keeping up with what was released and translated by DM_X and SARS, because the description in the manual is pathetic at best.
I hope everything is going delicious.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Also, almost all of the events that you can access through this command depends on the element of the day. i.e. Some events only show up on a Fire day.
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

patapi wrote: Some events only show up on a Fire day.
Omg, is that what that elemental symbol in the corner means at the caravan? I was getting annoyed that it kept changing on me everytime I saved, and thought it was making fun of me in some way ;_; I have a very fragile ego ;_;
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

just found out a a rest scene, rest after andarc tells you to, for a more detailed explanation see the spoiler below

spoiler below!

[spoiler]after kryll and co meet pablo, they go back into the secret underground passage, when this whole event is over and andarc says you should rest..take his advice and you will see a scene where kyrill and yohn talk near the camp fire[/spoiler]
KoboldsRule

Post by KoboldsRule »

I'm wondering about the 'Rest' command as well. The days are numbered as they go by; it makes me wonder if there's some kind of time limit. I hope not, I'm slow at this sort of thing.

Also, what does the Options command Game Speed do? It doesn't seem to make much difference.
<tba>
josiskrazy

Post by josiskrazy »

yea its kinda neat becuz its not always the main characters...i got one with Millay and Gretchen talking about after the war...and another with Eugene and Wendel, where Wendel makes fun of Kyril and Eugene, shes funny...
Shinjite aisuru hito
Watashi no naka de kimi wa ikiru
Dakara kore kara saki mo zutto
Sayonara nante iwanai

Ano hi kitto futari wa
Ai ni fureta
killey

Post by killey »

Here are a few rest scenes I've found:

Obel - Wind Day - 5/11 - Andarc and Seneca

Iluya Island - Fire Day - 6/30 - Hervey, Nalleo, Sigurd and Dario (This one's actually kinda funny)

Hermitage Island - Wind Day - 7/21 - Seneca and Corselia

Middleport - Wind Day - Rita, Rene and Corselia (Kooluk sounds really boring)

If anyone with the Strategy Guide could tell me if there is anything in it about Rest scenes it would make very happy :D And if anyone is near these dates, would you mind checking these out? I'm pretty sure the date is the only important bit.
Mintalia

Post by Mintalia »

Strategy guide has nothing in it about rest scenes. It makes me sad. :( Sorry.
killey

Post by killey »

No problem, looks like we'll have to find them out ourselves then.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

do you guys think the actual month/day (those are the numbers, yes?) affects the game and certain events? probably only the element i hope there's nothing like a "Clive's quest" where you need to be here and there by a certain day or you're screwed >_<; but I can totally see it happening for this game.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

elemental days? hey! the legend of mana had that!
Strategy is the key to victory!
killey

Post by killey »

do you guys think the actual month/day (those are the numbers, yes?) affects the game and certain events? probably only the element i hope there's nothing like a "Clive's quest" where you need to be here and there by a certain day or you're screwed >_<; but I can totally see it happening for this game.
Since the time only measures days and months it's basically just one year repeating itself, so in answer to your question, yes the month/day may affect things but chances are you can still get it when that month/day comes around again.