S Ranks

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
kelvingarinkz

Post by kelvingarinkz »

try to get S rank for Merseto Port, Deserted Island, Nest of Pirates and Caleron Laboratory ... the items are quite good ...
compared to the useless items you get from getting every floors in Obel Ruins S rank ... they're not even equipable :(
kelvin loves suikoden
Silvermouse

Post by Silvermouse »

So has anyone gotten an S on every battle yet over the course of multiple playthroughs?
sketchpad

Post by sketchpad »

I noticed something too~!

My first two S ranks were from the battle in Chiepoo's Island(rainbow shell) and Caleron lab. My party went in at lv 13 on average for the latter battle but came out around lv 18. I dind't had my party stay on tiles for majority of the battle except for maybe Hervey and Kika, but those two weren't on tiles as much as well. I took off Kylir's berserker belt--yesh, I think that item's ugly--and had him attack for most of his turns.

Soo...maybe exp plays quite an important part. For the battle after Caleron, the one with that lv 26 bounty hunter, my party was hardly 20 but they gave their best shot. I think I could've gotten another S if Eugene didn't withdraw. My party's counterattacks rock for someone at my lv so maybe they helped out in average dmg dealt.

Though, the items I got suck....
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it does indeed. it seems to be able to have a large influence on your rank. if i don't get much experience the entire battle and kick butt, don't get hit, do great avg dmg (Wizard Runes, mages...), i usually still only get A. however, it's definitely not the be-all end-all. in Merseto where you need to attack Cedric, i used a level 1 snowe on a kangacorn with the kanga rune and had his attack amped up as much as possible, him the boxes in the back (all level 20), he jumped up to lvl 8 or higher at the end, and still got B many times.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Ugh, that chase Cedric quest. How do you score S rank in that one anyway? Anyone tried finishing using an Owl rider?
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Yeah, I tried finishing it with a giant owl'd character as quickly as possible, no luck getting an S rank. Maybe if you would use a low level char. on a giant owl, then you could get both exp. and minimal turns.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

OMG! I DID IT!!!

I got an S rank!!!! in teraina plains and im so fricken happy!! and I got it on christmas day too!!! wooo!!!!
Jeane fan

Post by Jeane fan »

I have gotten several S ranks and I really do think unites help... a LOT. I tried to get S rank at the Deserted Island during the Crabshell quest, and no matter what I did, I was not able to finish it with S rank. I tried nailing all enemies, always step on same element, using low level characters. I must've fought it 10 times and I always got an A. So before I gave up, I tried one final strategy. I went in with only 3 characters (Kyril, Andarc and Seneca) instead of 6, as having less turns may help. Turn 1, I had everyone move towards the enemies, while throwing their own tiles around. Turn 2, Seneca and Andarc used their unite to take out the yellow merc. Turn 3, I used the 3 people unite and took out the red merc and got an S rank for it. I think unites help because they do massive damage, gives you a lot of EXP and cuts down the number of turns. I also did the Dying Wish unite against Roget in one battle, where he had that earth spell that cancels magic being cast him one. It cancelled out any damage (interesting... so Dying Wish counts as a magic attack) but still my characters received tons of EXP.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the protection spell from earth protects against any special atk other than a normal attack. so the falcon rune and unites will be negated by the special, as well as heal spells.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

concerning my S rank on terana plans{not sure how terana is spelled}

I did this on a wind day so almost all the enemies were wind attribute while the rest were fire attribute, I set my team up with almost all wind attribue with the exception of 3 fire attribute characters,my fire characters were katarina and maxine, both extremley powerful mages and akaghi who has incredible attack and speed, I used lazlo's equiped cyclone sword rune and cast the second spell to transform a great deal of my area to wind, I then took the remaining wind attribute characters and placed them on wind tiles, all along I was waiting for the enemy ostriches and savage sprouts to come down into my area, I then used katarina and maxine to cast fire rune's first spell on area's exactly next to each other below my large wind tile area, I used maxine and katarina to cast fire attack spells from long distance and I also gave maxine a wind rune so she could use the heal spell on everyone but my fire guys,I had akaghi equiped with rage sword rune, he used the second spell on the savage sprouts when they came close and on there negative element, I positioned lazlo on his wind element and use rop second speel on 1 of the enemy and a massive 600+damage on the savage sprout, I then weakened the other savage sprout and then sent millay in on the armored kangacorn, I used rush and killed the savage sprout{millay didn't land on a fire panel}her level shot up from 18 to level 20, I then cast wind tiles around millay and positioned kika,lazlo,snowe and 1 other wind character around millay{to protect her}, I then cast fire magic on the ostricges and brough in my wind characters to kill the ostriches, while maxine and katarina killed off the furballs from afar with fire magic

I switched in some weak characters and switched in rene to treasure hunt, after a few turns I decided to forget about treasure and just finished off the wind elementals, but before that I turned most of the wind elemental areas into earth elemental areas{to accomadate my earth elemental characters that I switched in}

and then I got my S rank when the battle was over

so I think turns dont matter,massive damage to the enemy and less damage to your characters and elemental tiles are what really matters, I think if I didnt use lazlo's second rop spell on single enemies, I wouldnt have gotten that S rank

I also used kika and lazlo's unite 1 time on 1 enemy
Suikojin

Post by Suikojin »

I have been getting mostly A's and a couple of B's. I have only played for like 5 hours (Just got it today) but I try to get every chest and have all my characters alive throughout.

If a character withdraws, does that affect it too?
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I suck. I've only gotten three S ranks. Does lesser members really make it easier to get S's?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

you suck? Ive only gotten 1! 1!!!!!

imagine how I must feel...
sybillious

Post by sybillious »

lower level characters do seem to have some factor, as does using elemental affinities during battle. the whole issue hasn't been resolved, since everyone seems to get mixed results... :?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

im very happy to report that I just got another S rank!!

this time in the secret underground passage in middle port, I truly think ive discovered the formula for S ranks!

my prize is Archmage's Glasses