S Ranks

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Jeane fan

Post by Jeane fan »

Thanks for your input guys. Did you gain many levels in that fight? My Lazlo is pretty high LV and I feared if I use him to take out everything it will affect my EXP gained.

OMG you've got Jeane for that battle? I've barely gotten rank B quests. Maybe I should do a few more quests first.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I didn't have Jeane for that battle either, ha. I don't use her. Everyone here says she's a speedy caster, but not for me. Simeon is better in my game, but that's probably due to random stats.

Don't worry about your lazlo, my lazlo and kika were both high leveled and I managed to get a S ranking on the first shot.
I hope everything is going delicious.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Jeane has some of the best chanting speed, but I do agree that her overall speed is terrible. At times, it's as if she is only getting turns half of those that the others have.
shoo

Post by shoo »

My first post here...

I need help some serious help with 'Secret Underground Path' in Middleport...

I am trying to get S-rank on this one, and NO, I DON'T want to get S-rank with cheaty Hero4 and/or with New Game+... I want to get it with no cheats etc. Makes the game more fun. Heh.

What skills am I supposed to use for this battle? What skills are preferable, I mean... But mainly; how am I supposed to do this in order to get S-rank? Should I take Rita with me? Should I use the left path (where the 3 new monsters will appear) or the right path (where the 2 new mobs will appear)? Is it necessary to kill all the "element balls"? How many turns am I supposed to use? Any suggestions/ideas, anyone? I've tried several times, but I only manage to get A-rank on this one...

Help would be greatly appriciated.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hey shoo, first of all, please use an avatar that's at most 100x100

if you browse this thread, you can find some tips for the Underground Passage. but there is also a tip to do it later; you get one more chance to fight in this area and it's a lot easier to score S rank at that point. right now you lack resources. you should definitely take Rita with you, and just browse the few pages back to find the discussion on the Passage.
shoo

Post by shoo »

Pardon for that. I'll change it too 100x100. And Crisp; You should consider using an avatar yourself... It looks better on yer profile. Less empty. Heh.

Anyway...

I wouldn't bother to ask if I knew the answer was a few pages back. In any case, I managed to find a nice path to get the bloody S-rank. Darn annoying that one, yes.

I am not sure how many tries I used for the Underground-mission, but after that, I managed to get S-rank on my first try in the 3 upcoming battles/missions after the Underground S-rank! I even managed to get S-rank in 'Pirates Nest' on my first try! Anyway, enough blabbering...

HOW TO GET S-RANK IN 'SECRET UNDERGROUND PATH':

- Equip Thunder God's Garb on Seneca so she gets Lightning-element. That makes the battle easier. It's better to have 3 with Lightning element than 2 with lightning, 1 with fire and 1 with wind.

- You can MISS an enemy at least once. That doesn't harm your rank.

- I used 'Cohort Attack' 2 times. First one I used early in the match at the rocks where I killed off the rocks + 1 monster with the attack. The second attack I used on the last monster (the one that looks like a snowman). After the last kill, only the last Earth Elemental ball was alive, which I killed off with Rita(!) NOTE: Even if she lost 9 HP because she stood on -Alignment after the elemental ball kill, I still got S-rank!

- I did not use DW (Dying Wish).

- I got 4 levels with Rita and Seneca, 1 with Kyril and 0 with Andarc. Not that this is a requirement...

- Yes, Rita must be with you.

- I suggest that you equip Razril Knight Token (S-rank item) as well as Fur Cape (can be bought) on Rita. Why? So you can deal with the monsters. You should also put some equipment that gives nice DEF to the remaining characters so they don't DIE...

- Equip your characters with the right elemental items (lightning elemental items to Andarc, Rita and Seneca. Fire to Kyril). Remember that you can give Thunder Rune to Seneca and Rita. Not needed though. This is if you go empty on the elemental items...

- In the battle, let Kyril alone deal with the upper-left treasure chest monsters while Seneca and Andarc takes care of the rocks and those monsters near the 'exit'. Have Rita walk around the area below Kyril's and Andarc/Seneca's area to take care of the monsters that should come there. She's supposed to kill off the elemental balls along with Kyril.

- Try dealing as much damage as possible with the unites and regular attacks.

There. That's how I got my S-rank on that stage. Yep. I know this was a bit much, but oh well... It was such an annoying mission to deal with anyway. Oh well... hope this helped any of you...
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Okay, I have trouble with that one too. Problem is... I don't have a TGGarb.
shoo

Post by shoo »

You can get Thunder God's Garb in the bargain shop in Razril. Just visit the shop now and then until it appears. It costs 1200 p.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

so far i think the MOST important factor in ranking is Turn Count based on my playing. I have lost characters and still ended up with S rank. This would probably coincide with almost all the other tactics game that have a ranking system like Front Mission 3.
Strategy is the key to victory!
shoo

Post by shoo »

Of course it is. One of the main factors is the turn count. The quicker you do it, the better. However, if you inflict extremly high damage with your low levels and finish the stage as quick as possible by killing the monsters the best and most effective way is what counts. It's not _just_ the turn count that counts. It's the overall value of the factors that decides if you get S-rank or not. Understood?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

in my experience, turn count is moderately to lightly weighed, but then again there is probably a set number of turns in each battle that is used in comparison to your own turn count to make the judgement, so that's why it's hard to tell. some battles Konami thought might take really long might be quick, while others they thought should be super quick could take really long!
Loner Prime

Post by Loner Prime »

Anyone knows a good strategy to get S Rank in Small Border Village ? If this was discussed earlier, would you tell me exactly where please.

The main problem in this stage is that it's difficult not to take a big load of damages near the final rune cannons. (and they change ground elements too, which is pretty bad).

Also I'm level 22 with everyone and the enemies are somewhat lv 24 to lv 29, do you think I should level up before aiming for the S ?

EDIT: Oh I'm sorry, I just found my answer on the previous page, sorry for this post :(
Po

Post by Po »

I'm trying to get S rank in Haruna the first time (Getting Simeon) but I only end up with A ranks.
I've tried NOT going on any tiles to see if it affects my rank, but I still got an A (Just stood by) And I ended once with every character on their right tile, and still got an A.

Lazlo takes out 2-3-4 a turn with his Double-edged sword so I don't think damage is a problem, I took some out with combine attacks too and normally incase physical damage factors in...

Gained plenty of levels with Trishtan who was lv. 15 and went to 17 or so, and other characters such as Lazlo who was lv 26 like Kyril, Seneca, and Andarc gaining at least a level, Snowe gained a level from lv 22, Flare gained 3 levels from 18 to 21 and this was the time when every character stayed on their tile the entire time, except once when Lazlo was out of reach, but he returned and ended on his tile.

The maximum damage I took was around 120 in one instance, against Snowe, not sure if it was criticals, but other than that, the average damage intake was around 1-50, so I don't know why I'm not getting the S rank...

I've tried switching rene to dig treasure and without switching to see if turns matters... and it doesn't look it... I've successfully obtained A ranks every single time, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I'm aware I can get it the second time and probably easier too, but I really don't understand why getting an S rank on this level is so hard, I've gotten it for every other mission so far...

EDIT: Ok I dug up the two buried treasures and go it
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

there's no average damage intake, it's TOTAL damage received. Your attack damage is averaged.
Your total damage recieved should not go past like 300 hp with Lazlo in your group. knock out the enemies before you get to them and then clean up.
Read my strategy thread for more info.
Strategy is the key to victory!
christeufeur

Post by christeufeur »

hello everybody. I am french, so it's difficult for me to speak and write english. I am fan of suikoden and actually I replay at suikoden rhapsodia for rank S in mission. I have all item rank S but not the last mission again Iskas. I have rank A but not S. So I write in french forum but nobody can't help me. So I would know if somebody sucess rank S against Iksas for item, if yes can you help me. Thank you et sorry for my english