S Ranks

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hey owe71n, can you describe how you did it? :)

you missed the battle vs Sigurd, you can get a token Ship's Figurehead.. not useful in any way.
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

KFCrispy wrote:hey owe71n, can you describe how you did it? :)

you missed the battle vs Sigurd, you can get a token Ship's Figurehead.. not useful in any way.
I get an S-Rank in The Nest of Pirates, too. I can't really remember it that well since its been about a month but I'll try.

1. What I did first was set up the Dying Wish (DW) Attack near the beginning formation. Some how I was able to set up the the DW Attack to the effect of have about 3-4 enemies fall right into the trap. I remember it took the enemies 2-3 turns before they were able to get to the trap. In the trap, I had Rita stand near the wall and I had Dario stand near the coast. I gave Seneca the Thunder God Garb to easily set up the DW Attack. I had everyone stand on their own elements. The trap will look like mine when you use Dario's Earth Force Bead on the Mid-Air Squares near the beginning formation and only he will be standing on an Earth square. Anyway, I believe I had both Dario and Rita face their backs toward the enemies. When the enemies got to the trap, the Spearmen went after Dario and Rita and the Swordman went after Kyril. I remember setting up the ground so that the Spearmen would stand on Thunder ground but still attack Dario and Rita. After that, move Kyril's group to kill the Staff-user and the Bowman.

2. For Kika and Nalleo, I believe I moved to where ever the Wind Elemental had set up ground and then killed it. Then on Nalleo's turn I had him move over and talk to Kika. Next I had Kika and Nalleo move to the back-left corner near to where I'dthe Wind Elemental began and had Nalleo set up Wind ground if the Elemental had not done it before. By doing this, I hoped the enemies would use up their Force Bead while getting to me. Usually, when they got to Kika and Nalleo, they still had one Force Bead to use. If you are able to do it like I did it, then Roget will move toward Kika and Nalleo. Kika and Nalleo can handle it. What you want to do is try and keep Kika and Nalleo from sustaining too much damage. If the Water Elemental comes near either group, do your best to kill it ASAP.

3. Lastly, when Roget's back-up arrives, have Seneca and Andarc try and do their unite on at least 2 of the them.

Since I don't remember everything, you should use these steps as guidelines. I did wind up with A-Ranks while doing this strategy, but if you keep both the damage you receive low and the number of turns low, you should be able to eventually get an S-Rank with my strategy. I wholly recommend you use trial and error when doing my strategy, it should work eventually. If you notice any enemy behaviors that keeps happening everytime you try my plan, it should indicate my plan working. If you notice anything patterns repeating, then post what you notice and I should be able to remember some more.
Last edited by HolyPaladin on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
owe71n

Post by owe71n »

KFCrispy wrote:hey owe71n, can you describe how you did it? :)

if i still remember,...
Nest of Pirates
have kika n nalleo always stay in wind element and stay away from the enemy until they cast 2 times fire and water elemen, though they can cast 3 times fire terrain... hope they only cast 2 times...
lure them to move near wind terrain so u can attack them with boosted attack... I always attack them in wind terrain...
Note: I lure Roget to fight with Kyril and friend... so Kika n Nalleo only fight with 3 enemies

On the other side,...
Have Seneca and Andarc in Chorot position, (i use Chorot to kill 3-4 enemies at once, i lucky can kill 4 at once, sometimes u only can kill 3 because the archer sometimes stay out of Chorot Attack range), i use Dario to cover Chorot blank Spot (so Dario not in the same row as Andarc n Seneca),
Note: Kyril stay in the back and cast Earth terrain for Dario to boost his deffense.
Have Seneca and Andarc stay in lightning terrain too before they get attacked to boost their deffense too.
When 3-4 enemy in position launch Chorot Attack (round 2 they should be in position so Andarc or Seneca use Chorot in round 3), if u only kill 2 with Chorot then u failed to get s rank and u still have 1 annoying wizard user.
Take a note: if u ever get central lightning damage from staff user then u failed, u have to get around lightning damage not a central damage. it lower your rank. (just in my opinion)

just take care of him before he attack u if u can. after that move forward near where 3 extra enemies appear. before they appear, Roget lured to move into Kyril's party because Kyril's party more close with Roget than Kika's. after 3 xtra enemies appear, Roget should dying (killed if u lucky).
Just take care spear n sword first... always stay in right terrain to reduce the damage.

Tips:
- Xtra move Skill is they key S rank (though for this battle, i'm not using xtra move skill on any character but be sure to equip)
- lower damage received and boost attack damage by always standing in the right terrain element
- always try to not let enemy attack u first. but don't forget to attack in your element terrain. so for Kika n Nalleo in Nest of Pirates if i remember they attack in round 4 if i'm not wrong
owe71n

Post by owe71n »

i weren't use dying wish becoz it wasn't charged yet... and not hunting monster option.... to charge my unite attack hiks....
i also don't use Rita becoz i sent her in Dispatch Mission...
Jeane fan

Post by Jeane fan »

Has anyone gotten S in the first battle (vs rune cannon) in Small Border Village? I can't seem to get it because it's so massive, and the terrain's TERRIBLE as it restricts your movement. And the cannons do a lot of damage as well. Any tips, anyone?

Also, if I don't get S on that first battle, are there any other battles later on where I can visit that map? Thanks.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

you can only fight in Haruna once. yeah, it's tough... i'll have to try for S in Pirate's Nest and Haruna, those are the ones i haven't S-ed in yet. maybe a few others.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I hate Haruna. Seems to me that I overleveled my characters, and the EXP factor was the one slowing me down.
kelvingarinkz

Post by kelvingarinkz »

you have 2 chance fighting in Haruna
first is with Simeon .. and second is with Kate
the battle with Kate is easier to get S Rank than you first battle with Simeon
kelvin loves suikoden
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

good that means I get another chance for S rank..I was only able to get A rank with simeons battle
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

The prize for Haruna is one of the best in the game, Simeon's Spellbook. 20 to MAG and 25 to MDEF, I believe.
I hope everything is going delicious.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:The prize for Haruna is one of the best in the game, Simeon's Spellbook. 20 to MAG and 25 to MDEF, I believe.
GRRRRRRRRRRRR......
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah i'm sorry, i meant Small Border Village, responding to the person above's question
Jeane fan

Post by Jeane fan »

Oh no, you can only fight it once. :( Anyone have any tips on taking those cannons out? I use Andarc to cast Angry Blow (LV3) and it kills them in one hit, but it just charges too slowly even at S rank.

As for Haruna, I found that battle really easy to get S in.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Well, the battle in the border village isn't too hard to get S rank at. What I did was slowly progress, taking the foot soldiers and baracades out as I progressed, and once Paula and Jewel joined I had them attack the rune cannons on the right of the screen while using RoP's 2nd spell to get the other rune cannons and having Kika, Sigurd, and Andarc take care of everything else. Poor Selma, she got no action.
I hope everything is going delicious.
killey

Post by killey »

Just proceed along destroying everything, I had Jeane take out the Rune Cannon that starts above you and then when the three turn up have Paula and Jewel go north and take out those Rune Cannons and enemies and then have them join up with the rest of your group to attack the rune cannon near the chest with the Mother Earth Rune in it. And like Angelis I just left Selma down the bottom on a wind tile.