S Ranks

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
patapi
Forum Moderator

S Ranks

Post by patapi »

Well, any idea what factor(s) actually determine the rank (S/A/B/C) that you get after each battle? I was getting B's more or less consistently last time, but this time any rank is fair game. A's are common, and I'm getting S's from unlikely maps like the two Karellon battles. Some seemingly easy maps give me C's though, i.e. rushing to complete Floor 1 of Obel Ruins with Iwadori.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

There's no 100% confirmation, but the Japanese speculate:
-Get all chests
-Minimize number of turns in completing the stage.
-Maximize gained EXP, total remaining HP at stage completion, and total damage dealt to enemies.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

are ranks the same as suikoden 3? or are we talking about the players rank? not an individual sod's skill?

also can someone tell me what i.e. means?
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

i.e. means id est. It's a Latin term meaning "that is." Another common one, also from Latin, is e.g., I think this one is exempli gratia, "for example."

About rank, the player gets a rank depending on how well he did in the battle. C gives...I forgot, some crappy medal, B gives silver medal, A gives silver medal, S gives rare, unique equipment.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I don't know if this belongs here are not since in some games you are granted prizes based on a rank or certain met criteria you attain during battle, but are there battle trophies or special items you recieve for finishing maps? I recall during one of the trailers that you get items from individual enemies defeated, but are there other items given out at the end of battle?
I hope everything is going delicious.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Only the rank reward.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

While you may receive items at any time throughout the battle, all items received are only registered into your inventory once the battle ends, i.e. none of them will appear on Ema's list immediately in that same battle.
dragonmasterx wrote:There's no 100% confirmation, but the Japanese speculate:
-Get all chests
-Minimize number of turns in completing the stage.
-Maximize gained EXP, total remaining HP at stage completion, and total damage dealt to enemies.
Interesting. No wonder getting S ranks from duels seemed impossible.

Also, zero character retreat or death should be another criteria. That's usually the one factor that get me C's when I'm aiming for a B.

C rank nets you a Bronze Medal.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Also, making sure your characters end up in tiles of their own elemental affinity aides in getting better rank.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

in my first real battle, I got an A rank! and a gold medal

I hope these things are good

are they?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Gettting S ranks allow you to get exclusive items, including rare equipments.

Anything else nets you a medal, which doesn't have any other purpose beyond selling as far as I know. Or you can equip them as very weak accessories.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

It looks bleak as of now. I keep getting A's.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

I wish I was getting A's...in my first battle I got a C :P. I don't really why though.

Mini spoilers:

(Hervey's with you) I got the 2 treasure chests on the ship and killed all the pirates + Sigurd but I got a C rating. Some of my teammates dies though so that might be a contributing factor...
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

I was beginning to think there was only S rank and A rank. I've yet to get a B, not that I'm trying real hard, mind you, but I've yet to see a C. I wonder if there is a D rank as well.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

is S rank, the best rank?

edit: obviously it is since the best rank because of DMX stating you cna get a rare item/equipment if you get S rank
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

S is the best, and C is worst. No D's.