Rene's "Treasure Hunt".

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Jowy Atreides

Rene's "Treasure Hunt".

Post by Jowy Atreides »

In a few of the videos, I've seen footage of Rene hunting in the ground for treasure. I'm just wondering how this works. Is this similar to the "Move-Find Item" ability in FFT, or is it something new entirely?
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

She has "dig" in place of "attack." Panels with items will have a light shining on them, if Rene is near. Rene's range for detecting items increaes with skill level. She's necessary for completing some of the guild quests.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It's much better than FFT's Move-Find, too. You don't have to specifically stop on each and every tile to look for treasures! (Unless you look up for spoilers in walkthroughs/FAQs, of course.)
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

At skill level S for "Treasure Hunt," Rene can find treasure up to 8 squares away.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Are there some squares with ultra-rare items that won't even appear on Rene's "radar", or will all squares with items light up whenever she's close?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yeah, Rene will find anything within her range.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

is it easy finding the treasure? even with Rene, do you go walking around the world stepping on secret spots? or is this power only active in battle? also if you do have to go around the world looking for the treasure, do you get a map? well either wya is there a map or something to give you a hint of the treasures location?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Judging from the way Treasure Hunting has been talked about, there will be items on every map every time you come to it, no matter what. Is that true? Granted, there are some items that would be one or two time only, but there are some that endlessly come back time and time again, correct? The way that Sars talked about "Good Gold Ore" seems to point in this direction.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yeah, you find treasure only during battle. Some maps have regenerating treasure, some maps don't. Finding treasure is easy, but sometimes you have no means to get it. For example, in the 6th level of the Obel Ruins (when you enter during a "fire day), treasure is located on a floating island in the middle of a magma stream. The only way you can get to it is by flying with an Iwadori. However, Rene can not ride an Iwadori, so you'd have to fly to that location first, then change to Rene, and then dig. Of course, Rene would have no means to return from that floating island, so you'd have to change with another character who can ride Iwadori's.

The problem is that typically you wouldn't even know that there is treasure on that island. I found that out when I had Rene searching for treasure at another part of the map. She detected treasure on that island, but I no longer had the means to get her there (you can use the same character only once/map).
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

damm this game sounds hard...... but wow think of how much of a challenge it will be if we try and collect all the treasure or complete all of the side quest's!

Im dying to play suikoden tactics now!

only a couple of weeks left!
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yeah, what makes it worse is that it is actually impossible to complete everything with one playthrough. Some quests don't become available unless you fail another one. This will drive people insane, I'm sure.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Sars wrote:Yeah, what makes it worse is that it is actually impossible to complete everything with one playthrough. Some quests don't become available unless you fail another one. This will drive people insane, I'm sure.
Meh, at least that means it's more or less a guaranteed replayable game.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Oh yes, I think the game is quite replayable. Of course, this coming from a fanatical fan of the series so I am biased.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

You definitely need to replay it at least once to complete everything. Especially Lalacle.

At least the things that get carried over to New Game+ are better this time around.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

for those of you who are looking at this thread looking for answers about the treasure hunt, you bassically fight off monsters in a regular battle and then when the coast is clear send in rene to dig the glowing spots on the floor, the world map is just like suikoden 3, so the only way to dig is on an island, at this poitn I think deserted island is the only island rene can dig on but Im early into the game so I dont know

hope that helps some people out,this thread was preety old

edit: treasure is everywhere and rene can dig anywhere
Last edited by son_michael on Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.