[FAQ] New Game+

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
patapi
Forum Moderator

[FAQ] New Game+

Post by patapi »

Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have a topic for this feature.

So, what bonus do you get in New Game Plus? What things get carried over, and what are lost forever? Any story-altering additions?

Also, can you load IV's save into the New Game+, if you didn't load it during the first game?
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

http://otd9.jbbs.livedoor.jp/gensosuiko ... 43&range=1
According to Shua:

-Money
・Items(those equipped on characters should automatically go into the caravan)
・Runes(not those equipped on characters)
-Skill Level
・Quest History(names of characters sent on dispatch missions lost)
・Battle conversations and relationship levels

Legendary hammer doesn't carry over.

I used up all my skillpoints before beating the game, so I'm not sure if that carries over.

Unite attacks don't carry over, so those conversations have to be redone

You may want to unequip rares before fighting the final boss.
---
Does that mean equipment doesn't carry over? But if that's true, what's wwith that last sentence? Skill history carries over, does that mean the guild quests don't have to be redone? But if that's true, how will those characters recruited from quests join? (I asked the same thing on that board)

In some other thread, they said Laracle joins in new game+.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

so basically you can upload data from 4 and get new scenes and some new characters, and then after you beat Rhapsodia you can create a new game+? and all the above that you said gets carried over right?

sorry,just confirming, cause this is the first time I ever heard of new game+ in Rhapsodia
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

All I did was translate what Shua said. Interpret it however you want to.

As for his response to:
Does that mean equipment doesn't carry over? But if that's true, what's with that last sentence? Skill history carries over, does that mean the guild quests don't have to be redone? But if that's true, how will those characters recruited from quests join? (I asked the same thing on that board)

Equipment carries over, weapon level doesn't. Guild quests can be done from scratch again.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

The narrator has an old coarse voice for new game+.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: New Game+

Post by patapi »

Since no one answered this yet, might as well provide the info here.
patapi wrote:Also, can you load IV's save into the New Game+, if you didn't load it during the first game?
No, you can't. So make not the same mistake and prepare your save data before your first Rhapsodia game, or you will feel the pain.
Tyrantblade

Post by Tyrantblade »

This is what I wanted to hear. I'll probably use my New Game+ to try for all S Ranks on the missions. Getting things like that on your first run can prove daunting.

I prefer to wait till I've really gotten the hang of the game. Luckily New Game+ lets me do that. One basic run, then a complete game with everything I can scrape from the game, before leaving it's drained husk on my gaming shelf.

Thank you Chrono Trigger, you started a nice little trend there.
Irish people play games too. We just do it while drinking stout and talking to our pet leprechauns, that's all.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Can story battles be repeated?
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

Jowy Atreides wrote:I seem to remember dragonmasterx saying something about story battles being repeatable in a new game plus. Could someone elaborate on this feature?
I think it was said that you can skip past the story points now, and just get to the battles. Which would be nice :D Not sure if that's what you mean >.<
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Thanks, but you didn't answer the question.

Dialogue is now skippable.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

Does this mean I lose my recruited characters as well, when I go over to the new game+ :?:
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yes.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
syun_ukiya

Post by syun_ukiya »

guild history of the quests you completed will not be erased right? but will they still be available (the quests completed) for new game+?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The quest history will be carried forward, but your quest rank will have a reset. In other words, you can do all the quests all over again in New Game+.
syun_ukiya

Post by syun_ukiya »

I see. So I made a mistake and did the x and co. quest. So do you think its better to just do x and co. quest so it will be part of my guild history and do the chieepo quest in New Game+?

To clarify, equipment worn during the final battle will still be carried over? How about runes equipped? Does this mean you have to unequip those powerful runes first? Or once you recruited the character who has them, automatically they have the powerful rune?