Support system?

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Jowy Atreides

Support system?

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Has the support slot/system been implemented into this game, or has it been absolved completely? If it has been included, please give a brief description on how it works. If not, just say "No."
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Some characters that have had a few conversations with each other can support each other. Suppose Kyril attacks an enemy from behind, and Andarc is standing in front of the enemy. Then Andarc will attack right after Kyril's attack finishes. Andarc's attack is automatic, it does not take up a turn and it doesn't seem to work with swing.

The other support is for defense. Suppose Kyrl is attacked. If Andarc is within movement range, he'll say something like "watch out," then move in front of Kyril. In the end, Kyril still takes the damage, but the damage is reduced.
HiroRao

Post by HiroRao »

I think he was talking about the Heal/Treasue/Potch finder/..ect Support system. I think it out, but I like the character to character supporting idea better anyway.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. The other stuff you were talking about fits in though. Thanks a lot dragonmasterx, you really are doing a great job!!
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

"I think he was talking about the Heal/Treasue/Potch finder/..ect Support system. I think it out, but I like the character to character supporting idea better anyway."

I haven't noticed anything like that yet.
kanzuki

Post by kanzuki »

Not too sure if this is related to topic, but concerning the support system, it depends.

Such as Yu and Carrie, they can't attack enemies. However instead of having the command 'attack', Yuu has the command 'heal' which obviously enable healing ONE character, and Carrie with the command 'First Aid' which enables her to heal allies around her with a considerable amount of hp. Other support characters includes Rene (who does treasure digging), Noah (steals stuff from enemies, cant steal from your own party though), Gary (uhh....i think he casts some kind of back up spell), Ema (she can pack stuff into your inventory for you in the battlefield), Cedric (uhh...again, i think he casts something) and a few more which I might not be aware of.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

cedric is not a support character
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

...Cedric IS a support character.

He cannot attack, but instead uses a technique called Vision.
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I didnt notice it at first, but after you said it I checked it out and sure enough there was an S next to his picture, I didnt think he was a support character because I didnt see a vision skill on him and I never used him in battle.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Ema can use any consumable item from your 'pack'. that's it. she doesn't pack stuff or whatever.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Does anyone use the support characters regularily? I was thinking of using Carrie and I hear Rene is popular if you want to treasure hunt. But, what about like Gary and Ema, they seem pretty useless to me.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Carrie is useful for a time, and then Yu comes along. Although their skills are different (Yu heals one person to max and Carrie heals a big area for decent hit points), I prefer Yu over Carrie since he can fully heal one person. It's mostly a matter of preference, though.

Noah is useful for getting items that the enemy doesn't usually drop (and can be stolen), but I don't find the other support characters to be very useful.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

The thing about the healers is that if you have a water rune what's the point of them? I hardly use Corcelia for anything except casting water healing spells. Would you use Yu and Carrie instead of a water magic user?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

The only two support characters I really used were Noah and Rene and even so I only Noah to like 30 and Rene 42. For Rene it really doesn't matter, but Noah's stealing percentage is either SKL based or level based which makes it hard for me to steal from most of the enemies in Obel.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

That's where personal preference comes in; I like using Yu/Carrie over water magic, and others prefer water magic.