WTF am I doing wrong?

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
sticky-runes

WTF am I doing wrong?

Post by sticky-runes »

:x I am on Warrior's Reckoning now, and I have not been able to...

Recruit Dr. Yu
Recruit the Mercenaries
Activate Xasta Grasslands on the map

I have had trouble achieving these things before, but I always assumed it was because I handed in certain items too early that I had accumulated from a previous game. But this is a completely fresh game that I started from scratch (not a new game+) so I still don't get why I haven't got Xasta Grasslands on my map yet.

I have not completed any X and co. quests either.

I have checked my quest history at the quest guild, and the Medicinal roots quest from Yu is not listed. I have no reports to give. I have been to Obel with 3 savage sprout roots that I got from Terana plains, and Yu is not in the gossip section.

The only quests left that I can accept are x and co. quests, Fungi's request for a horned behemoth tail (which I can't get because Xasta Grasslands is not available) and Kevin and Pam's quests for the elemental dragon meats.

It's probably something really obvious that I've overlooked but I can't fricking figure it out.

Hep meh. :cry:
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Re: WTF am I doing wrong?

Post by Wolkendrache »

You must have successfully done the "Give us a sign" quest. Then the "Blue savage sprout flower wanted" quest should open up after the Terana plains story battle and if you have the appropriate quest rank (C or so). Accepting the "Blue..." quest will open up Xasta. Not sure, but perhaps Yu's quest will only show up after Xasta has been opened. The mercenaries can only be recruited after the quests "Give...", "Blue...", "Representative wanted", and "Rage dragon egg wanted", by eventually doing the "A letter of challenge" quest (must have quest rank S). Hopefully you didn't mess up the "Give us a sign" quest (that's the one with the crab and the mercenaries at the coast of the Deserted Island). Haven't you talked to Chiepoo yet? If not then maybe you need to because he's the client of that quest.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I am S rank. I've looked through my quest history again and I never received the "blue savage sprout" or "give us a sign" quest. i have spoken to Chiepoo and he has not spoken the dialogue about someone messing with his business. He is wearing his blue outfit, so he's not in super rich or poor mode. The only battle i fought on the coast was when I recruited Rene.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Hm...
Use the quest guild section in the walkthrough and look for all those Chiepoo quests (where Chiepoo is the customer), and check which ones appear in your quest history and which ones don't. Perhaps you messed up one of them? I mean something must have prevented the "Give us a sign" quest from showing up. If it's not having messed up a quest, I can only think of a few other more unlikely possibilities:
- You did certain quests very late. I've never heard of it, but maybe some subsequent quests won't show up if you progressed too much. I'm always doing quests as early as possible and never had this kind of issue. I mean it would be weird to fight the mercenaries occasionally on story missions far into Kooluk, and then meet them again on the Deserted Island right before the end. But then again, why not?
- You're playing on emulator. I'm only mentioning that because I've always played on console and never had issues. On the other hand, I guess the most common problem on emulator is the game freezing or not even running. But if you make it run, it should work properly. I don't know.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I'm definitely not using an emulator, it's the official game disk I've always used.

I think I might have done something in the wrong order. there are some Chiepoo quests that I failed a couple of times because the characters I dispatched didn't have high enough stats, so maybe that has affected it?

I also thought that the mercs were supposed to show up in Mido Shallows while I was searching for Stones of Happiness, but that never happened because Rene managed to dig up 5 stones in one battle (In other plays I needed to go back and hunt monsters in Mido shallows multiple times)

I might just have to leave these quests for my new game+ then, as I'll be able to complete quests a lot sooner with all the items that carry over, and I'll be able to equip characters with stat boosts so they can succeed earlier.

Oh well, might as well complete all the x and co quests for the money and skill points. Sowwy Chiepoo.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if you somehow missed Give Us a Sign, which is one of the early quests, i guess it breaks the whole quest sequence for anything related to the Mercenaries. perhaps there's a time window for that particular quest.