Any other ways to obtain a Cape of Darkness?

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Any other ways to obtain a Cape of Darkness?

Post by Sasarai10 »

I found out it can only be found once when you visit Obel Ruins 5th floor by the first time. I got Goblin Overcoat. So do I have to get it in another playthrough?
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Re: Any other ways to obtain a Cape of Darkness?

Post by Wolkendrache »

"Every level has 3 configs, even the first level 5. The 3 different chest items are: Goblin Overcoat, Cape of Darkness, Dragon Scale Bracers. The first two of them can only be obtained in this stage, so only 1 per playthrough.
I'm usually trying to get the Goblin Overcoat, and if I play NG+, get another one. It's the best armor for Nalkul and Champo."
I posted this in the S ranks topic just 2 weeks ago, and you even quoted it afterwards :wink:
Try to get it if you want all rare stuff. But the Goblin Overcoat is more useful if you're using Nay-Kobolds.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Wolkendrache wrote:"Every level has 3 configs, even the first level 5. The 3 different chest items are: Goblin Overcoat, Cape of Darkness, Dragon Scale Bracers. The first two of them can only be obtained in this stage, so only 1 per playthrough.
I'm usually trying to get the Goblin Overcoat, and if I play NG+, get another one. It's the best armor for Nalkul and Champo."
I posted this in the S ranks topic just 2 weeks ago, and you even quoted it afterwards :wink:
Try to get it if you want all rare stuff. But the Goblin Overcoat is more useful if you're using Nay-Kobolds.

Just hoping if there was another way....there are actually some rare missable stuff I noticed...so you need more than 2-3 playthroughs for sure.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Try to get the Goblin Overcoat or the Cape of Darkness in the first run.
On your second run try to get the other item. If you don't get it you need to load and walk through the ruins again until you get it. If you're playing on emulator, I think you can just load a state from floor 4 and continue.
Everything else can be obtained in the first run.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Wolkendrache wrote:Try to get the Goblin Overcoat or the Cape of Darkness in the first run.
On your second run try to get the other item. If you don't get it you need to load and walk through the ruins again until you get it. If you're playing on emulator, I think you can just load a state from floor 4 and continue.
Everything else can be obtained in the first run.

I have a Goblin already as I said...and no I don't play on emulator.

Well...personally I prefer getting S items in second run, when game becomes easier. In first run is way more challenging due to lack of good equipment.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Wolkendrache wrote:"The first two of them can only be obtained in this stage, so only 1 per playthrough.
So where can I find Dragon Scale Bracers apart from Obel 5.1?

I found they are a Bargain item in Haruna but never seen them so far.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

I loaded a save file and they were available as bargain item in Haruna. But I don't know how the bargain mechanics work in this game. If it works like in S2, then you need to wait up to 30 min for the bargain list to refresh.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Wolkendrache wrote:I loaded a save file and they were available as bargain item in Haruna. But I don't know how the bargain mechanics work in this game. If it works like in S2, then you need to wait up to 30 min for the bargain list to refresh.
I only get One-Piece dresses,and I think they refresh after each battle maybe?