Question before ending the game

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
DrkHckr

Question before ending the game

Post by DrkHckr »

After you end the game, can you still continue playing to do the sidequests? I don't want to continue to new game plus until I finished all the side quests and max almost skills, but the problem is I don't want to overlevel my characters because it will be a pain in the ass to rank S the story missions since the level of enemies there are fixed. So is there anyway to finish all the side quests without overleveling? I managed to rank S all story missions and almost all the time when I fail is because of exp requirement and since you can't level down, I might be stuck on not getting Rank S on the last 4 missions.
gildedtalon

Re: Question before ending the game

Post by gildedtalon »

Easy way to fulfill the S rank requirement is use some low level characters to rack up experience by spreading their elemental beads all the time

Staying on your element gives a lot of points towards S rank requirement

Do you play on emulator? If not, then it's gonna be hell. I S rank everything on emulator so it's so much more bearable
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
DrkHckr

Post by DrkHckr »

yeah Im playing on emulator but I avoid using states since I feel like it's cheating. So I guess you're not able to continue the game after you end it? and forced to new plus after the credits. And the only way to use god hand is in new game plus?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Yeah, you're forced to new game plus after the credits

You can find God Hand on Rage Chamber of Obel Ruins
DrkHckr

Post by DrkHckr »

Oh, I see.. Thanks by the way.
DrkHckr

Post by DrkHckr »

Another question where will you get the 3rd kangacorn? I got the default and the armored Kangacorn from sidequest but where's the 3rd?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Don't you get the 3rd one also by sidequests? I don't remember (as I never use them).

You don't need to max your skills, the skill level does not carry over - skill points, however, do.

Using low level characters to get EXP is the easiest way, even in the last battles. If you try to finish of the final boss with a "low" level character, you will probably get tons of experience. What is your average level and did you S rank the Obel ruins? if you did, than most of your characters will be on a very high level - I still managed to S rank the final battles.
DrkHckr

Post by DrkHckr »

From what I've read it's the opposite you get the the skill level but the max skill level is still in effect but you don't need to use skill points to skill already maxed. It will naturally unlocked as you recruit other characters. That's why other players said that you expend all your skill points as skill points don't carry over

I'm still on the way to s-rank the ruins, Right now I got Ruins 1-3 and farm all the remaining stages. I'm almost done with all the sidequests, and on my way to make cheipoo poor. There's a quest I can't do since it requires failing other quest so I'll do it in new game plus. I have 8 specific characters who's on the job of farming and looting. They are the characters that I will not use during story battles. But from what I'm encountering now It's almost impossible to rank S ruins fight without Lazlo and since Lazlo is one of my character that will battle for story battles, I'm not using him for the ruins. That's the reasonwhy I'm asking if I can continue playing after I beat the final boss. If I could then I would first end the game and continue farming with no worries if I'll get rank s on the final battle. But you could not, so I must carefully plan on using Lazlo......

Anyway do you think I can s rank the final battle w/o Lazlo? or can I rank S ruins battle without Lazlo. It's the decision I need to make. It's my first time playing so I can't decide on these things XD.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

The max skill rank depends on the amount of characters you've obtained. I think for every ten characters, you get a new rank.
The amount of skills you can equip depends on your character level, every ten levels = a new slot.

Acquiring Tsunouma (Kangacorn):

1. When you first reach Merseto
2. Quest.
3. Lino comes with one.

Acquiring Iwadori (Great Owl):

1 & 2. Paula and Jewel ride on them as they join you at the Border Village
3. Quest

DrkHckr is correct, skill level progression carries over to new game+ but the party skill points do not carry over
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Ok, forgot about the skill points then, it has been some years since I last played a NG+.

Actually, I'm pretty sure you can do that quest which involves failing. Iirc, you can make Chiepoo maximum rich by doing all other quests, then you recruit the mercenaries, then make Chiepoo poor. But again, it's been some time, I'm not so sure...

You can't continue after the final boss. But S Rank something without Hero IV? Definitely hard - but possible with some very good mages. And you'll need a physical fighter anyway for the deathblow to the final boss. But still, you should even be able to S Rank it with Hero IV and your Level 12 support characters which you never use anyway.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Quest that involves failing?
He's probably referring to Savage Sprout Seeds on Razril
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yes, he is. I think you can ignore this quest until the end, then fai it and then do the quest that opens as a consequence.
DrkHckr

Post by DrkHckr »

Why is that product recall is not appearing on my quest list? I haven't done any Xand Co quest, is that the reason? Also with regards to the dragon meats quest I have trouble gathering them... Do I have to accept the quest first before I can get the meats like the blue savage sprout flower quest, or can I farm it directly w/o accepting the quest? I try to steal from the dragons but all they gave me are mirrors and I can't do a second steal cause I need to kill it right away after the steal. It's too risky playing the ruins one wrong move and it's all back to square one. I remember when one of dragon insta kill my party..... all my progress from ruins 1 to 5 were gone to waste. IF the game have shortcut that would be great.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

You can farm the dragon meats without accepting the quest
DrkHckr

Post by DrkHckr »

Finally S ranked all the ruins stages w/o using Lazlo, Only one stage left to s rank, the final stage. Is there anyway to get the cape of darkness or Goblin overcoat? I missed it during my first run to obel ruins...... I'm planning to have at least one of every item in the game.... and any missables to take note? Specifically for items limited for each new game only